Community Message: We're currently in the middle of our donation drive. For those willing to send a donation, we ask that you use the feature in the sidebar to send a donation. For those who send a donation, a donation badge will be featured in your profile next to every message you post. members can dismiss this message by clicking on the 'x' in the upper-right corner. Donations are used for hosting fees, license renewal for the forum software and domain name renewal.

Nena Camadera

Scarred Survivors

Imaginos1892    22
Imaginos1892

Idi has posted Chapter 49!

Don't know why he didn't announce it. Don't get trampled in the stampede!

Edited by Imaginos1892

Urd    52
Urd
On 09/11/2017 at 10:24 PM, Imaginos1892 said:

I've got some more Falken words that could use translating:

Kalbisharur zi Agu'Rimanis

I'm going to indulge you a little bit Imaginos.

Let's see.

Nena mentioned she based Falken (and even some Highkin) on Sumerian. Dr. Google kindly informs me that:

kalbi - dogs

sharur - supreme hunters

agu - crown
Rimanis - Wild

So, putting this into context, we would have something along the lines of "the wild dog/hunters of the crown" (where the crown refers to Urd, ofc. Might even refer to Hild.)

Or the Crown wild hunters. 

In summ - the royal hitman's.

Or it could really just mean monkey pirate ship.

Who knows?

(kudos to those who got the reference btw)

EDIT: there's also the option that Rimanis means a different thing all by itself. But you would have to go and read AB to get the meaning of it.

What say you, dear authors-san? Is this a correct assumption?

Edited by Urd

IdiAmeanDada    47
IdiAmeanDada
22 minutes ago, Urd said:

monkey pirate ship

I love you too.  

Urd    52
Urd
3 minutes ago, IdiAmeanDada said:

I love you too.  

Damm you Idi..must you pick all the references so fast?

:biggrin:

IdiAmeanDada    47
IdiAmeanDada

Well, others stilll have to read said Fanfic by a certain notable (and probably retired) Fanfic writer to understand the context.   Hopefully one of these days he will come out of that 'grave in the corner'.  :biggrin:

Imaginos1892    22
Imaginos1892
6 hours ago, Urd said:

So, putting this into context, we would have something along the lines of "the wild dog/hunters of the crown" (where the crown refers to Urd, ofc. Might even refer to Hild.)

Or the Crown wild hunters. 

In sum - the royal hitman's.

The Queen's Own Wild Hunting Dogs?

5 hours ago, IdiAmeanDada said:

Well, others still have to read said Fanfic by a certain notable (and probably retired) Fanfic writer to understand the context. Hopefully one of these days he will come out of that 'grave in the corner'.  :biggrin:

Davner? There's a couple of stories I'd like to see him finish.

“What just happened?” asked Keiichi.  “Those two vanished like a pair of Cenobites in the lament configuration.”

Let me guess — Belldandy’s box, with mandalas and runes on its faces, was a 4-inch cube?

While we wait for Chapter 50, how about a couple of wild-ass guesses? (Nena and Idi ain’t talkin’ so that’s all they are)

The rabishu ate Stewie-the-perv. Or, started to, anyway. Aiko was next on the menu, until it got kind of dead.
Or… it might have laid eggs. I’m sure a rabishu can’t grow in a mortal, but the damn thing is probably too stupid to know any better.
Surely there hasn’t been time for the ones on Aiko, at least, to hatch?

Mara handed Keiichi an eyeball, maybe two. Eeewwww! How will he react when he finds out he’s been toting Hagall's gooey eyeballs around? How will Belldandy react to Mara's 'gift'?———————————
Why does lying in bed for five minutes in the morning feel so much better than lying there for five minutes at night?

Edited by Imaginos1892

Urd    52
Urd

Before i start to reply to things i already covered in my review...here's the review thingy!

______

Ah, we seem to be getting to the good part.

I loved that Hagal knows she’s a dead woman walking. That she is not stupid enough to even entertain the idea that there’s any chance she might get away from this in one piece. And I absolutely loved the part where she said that she wanted Belldandy to know that she didn’t have any regrets about what she did, while she was still sane. That was a slap with a white glove. ***clap clap***

That line was f* epic. That, together with her initial speech when she met Urd at the warehouse, add a sense of “beginning” and “end” to her line of though. A full circle, if you want. I loved it.

And ofc I also found very fitting that she, who has nothing to lose, would lash out to whoever she can still hurt in her last moments of freedom. Like a cornered animal fighting not to escape, but to die. Yup..i’m enjoying every single step Hagal’s taking. What I am going to enjoy even more (oh sweet Lord, how I am going to be grinning like a fool) is that sweet moment where Hagal finds out that all of her sacrifices, all of her plans, her schemes, were for nothing. That she threw her life away for nothing. I only wonder who’s going to break out the news to her. If she’s going to see with her own eyes when Mara goes to check the warehouse, or when she’s beaten and broken in some dark cell in Niflheim and Hild shows up and instead of raging over the loss of her daughter, drops in the bomb just to see the despair on Hagal’s face before she turns and leaves.

Mwahahhaha…oh I’m so looking forward to that. Ohoohohoho….HOHOHOHOHOHO… HOHOHOHOHO

Also, if i had to guess, i would say Hagal was writing a "farewell/apology" letter to Hild, saying that she always thought high of her and whatnot, and it wasn't anything personal, but she had to do the things she did for the sake of Niflheim. Let's see if we ever find out.

Kudos to Deb for bringing Bell out of the illusion. I can almost see zombie-like Bell eyebrow’s twitching in annoyance as Deb went on with her threats. Ahaha!

It seems like the Wilder removed a part of Hagal (probably one eye. It would be fitting to present Belldandy with one of Hagal's "weapon". But it woudn't surprise me if it was a finger or an ear...) and gave it to Keiichi to deliver Bell, but i would have thought Keiichi would have some reaction to the warm, wet, probably dripping thing that was shoved in his hand.

Savage!

Moving on. It seems like it’s been a lifetime since Stewie popped up. I’m assuming wherever the Rabishu made its nest, it left both Aiko and Stuart in there. Wonder how those 2 passed their time together. Don’t think Stewie is in the right set-of-mind to try and take advantage of Aiko (plus Aiko is no longer a defenseless little girl anymore) so I wonder if they had the opportunity for some tete a tete. Maybe some closure is coming in for Aiko after the big trauma of her life.

Also, best line of the whole chapter.

When next you see Skuld, tell her Mara sends the little Sag’kal her regards.

Yes! Yes! YES! FUCKING YES! Skuld hanging around with demons confirmed! HELLLLL YEEEAAAHHHH. I wanna see it, I wanna see it. I so wanna see it! XD

And before I forget. I was a little confused at the mentioning Urd raged at Ansuz at the tender age of 9. This is just because I was under the impression Urd was shipped to Asgard somewhere around 12 or 13 or something like that (she mentioned earlier that she went to live with her Dad on her early teenager years…). But aside that, it was a very interesting piece of info there.

So Urd raged, lost control and went beserk on Ansuz when she got into the fight. Interesting. Interesting indeed. It does explain some of why Urd is trying so hard to control that bloodlust whenever she starts getting angry. If she could do that to a Valkyrie as a child (even if the Valkyrie was not trying to fight her, but stop her without harming her) I wonder what she can do if the same happens as an adult who may or may not have some control of her demonic powers. Hohohohohoho….HOHOHOHOHOHO….HOHOHOHOHOHOHO

Btw, would a snakeskin bracelet have any effect on a demon consumed by bloodlust?

And to Keiichi, Navy Seal and crusher of apples, all I can say is D’OH.

*slaps forehead*

Imaginos1892    22
Imaginos1892
On 11/15/2017 at 5:23 AM, Urd said:

If she’s going to see with her own eyes when Mara goes to check the warehouse, or when she’s beaten and broken in some dark cell in Niflheim and Hild shows up and instead of raging over the loss of her daughter, drops in the bomb just to see the despair on Hagal’s face before she turns and leaves.

Hild will deliver the news personally. "Your treason was for nought, zibanitum. My daughter lives, and she and her angel will soon recover. Remember that through the eternity of your excruciation."

I don't think Hagall is ever going to see anything again, so why waste a dark cell on a blind prisoner? Make the cell nice and bright for the guards' convenience.

I wonder — did Hagall need both eyes to use that mind-fuck power? And, both eyes of the target? Would closing or covering one eye block it?

It seems like the Wilder removed a part of Hagal (probably one eye. It would be fitting to present Belldandy with one of Hagal's "weapon". But it woudn't surprise me if it was a finger or an ear...) and gave it to Keiichi to deliver Bell, but I would have thought Keiichi would have some reaction to the warm, wet, probably dripping thing that was shoved in his hand.

Keiichi was placed under a spell, remember? He's not aware that he's holding anything, and won't be until he delivers Mara's 'gift' to Belldandy. Then he can go 'Eeeewww'.

Btw, would a snakeskin bracelet have any effect on a demon consumed by bloodlust?

Probably not. Surely it involves greatly reduced awareness of the external world.

Moving on. It seems like it’s been a lifetime since Stewie popped up. I’m assuming wherever the Rabishu made its nest, it left both Aiko and Stuart in there. Wonder how those 2 passed their time together. Don’t think Stewie is in the right set-of-mind to try and take advantage of Aiko (plus Aiko is no longer a defenseless little girl anymore) so I wonder if they had the opportunity for some tete a tete. Maybe some closure is coming in for Aiko after the big trauma of her life.

We don't know yet what the rabishu wanted with them. Aiko hasn't used her phone, so she's probably webbed up like the Valkyries from Kestrel Flight Lind saw in the demons' base.
———————————
About a really big, loud fly that got in my house: "Hey, that ain’t just a fly, that’s a bumble-fly!"

Edited by Imaginos1892

Urd    52
Urd
4 hours ago, Imaginos1892 said:

Hild will deliver the news personally. "Your treason was for nought, zibanitum. My daughter lives, and she and her angel will soon recover. Remember that through the eternity of your excruciation."

I don't think Hagall is ever going to see anything again, so why waste a dark cell on a blind prisoner? Make the cell nice and bright for the guards' convenience.

I wonder — did Hagall need both eyes to use that mind-fuck power? And, both eyes of the target? Would closing or covering one eye block it?

That would be the most satisfying option, wouldn't it? hehehe

I can almost imagine Hagall taking all the beating, the torture, the pain with a half smile on her face, knowing that despite her doom, she fulfilled her mission. And then someone pops the truth to her and she'l go NOOOOooooooo!  

Jeez, I'm turning into some sort of sadist XD

Keiichi was placed under a spell, remember? He's not aware that he's holding anything, and won't be until he delivers Mara's 'gift' to Belldandy. Then he can go 'Eeeewww'.

I didn't read it that way. I think he was mesmerized/stunned by Mara's...err...presence, let's call it like that, but not exactly under a spell. I think he is aware that he is holding something. 

We don't know yet what the rabishu wanted with them. Aiko hasn't used her phone, so she's probably webbed up like the Valkyries from Kestrel Flight Lind saw in the demons' base.

That could be the case, but i would be surprised if they're in caccons like a Metapod.

I mean, the Rabishu was still somewhat nestled inside Rota. She still had a form that vaguely resembled a human form. I would guess that if they Rabishu had already been "born" when she/it kidnapped/lured Aiko and Stu, that could be an option. But since it was born after, during the fight with Lind and Urd, i don't see "deformed humanoid" Rabishu spewing webs from her mouth and trapping humans in a web...

In other news...remember when i said my OTP that could never be separated, even in fiction, were Bell and Keiichi and Mulder and Scully? Well, yesterday i was roaming around youtube and found this. I cannot believe i hated that stupid bee for 19 years... i CANNOT believe this scene was shot and i only learned of it now... 

In any case...thank you Lord. My life has a meaning now ! XD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IxIZzWZM0IE

Edited by Urd

Imaginos1892    22
Imaginos1892

About the tracking app on Keiichi's phone:

CHEEBS

BENGAL

OLD FART

PUZZLES

We've known BENGAL is Aiko since Chapter 15. OLD FART is Keima, of course. PUZZLES is almost certainly Keigo.

But, CHEEBS? Probably Megumi, but WHY?
———————————
At my house, the 'things that go bump in the night' are cats.

IdiAmeanDada    47
IdiAmeanDada

PUZZLES != Keigo

Try again. 

Urd    52
Urd

I dunno why, but CHEEBS reminds me of Nebo. Could keiichi have got hold of his number before he left? 

Nvm...no sense to track a god ><