Community Message: We're currently in the middle of our donation drive. For those willing to send a donation, we ask that you use the feature in the sidebar to send a donation. For those who send a donation, a donation badge will be featured in your profile next to every message you post. members can dismiss this message by clicking on the 'x' in the upper-right corner. Donations are used for hosting fees, license renewal for the forum software and domain name renewal.

Nena Camadera

Scarred Survivors

1,616 posts in this topic Last Reply

Urd

Wow, thanks for the answers Nena!

In the future, if you ever publish anything and become famous, don't forget where you gave your first interview.

lol

Come out of your hiding Idi. Would like to hear (read) your input as well.

Also, happy Thanksgiving! I'm on duty during the weekend, so no hugging any1 for me, sadly :/

We don't have this holiday in my country (we only "imported" the Black Friday), but i know it's big tradition for you. 

I'll say a prayer or two for all the turkeys about to the slaughtered XD

Nena Camadera
8 minutes ago, Urd said:

Also, happy Thanksgiving! I'm on duty during the weekend, so no hugging any1 for me, sadly :/

I'd say we're at the better lower end of half-way through the story right now.  Which is...ridiculous, given how long the story is already.

Thanks for the little interview, Urd! I've never done something like that before related to my writing.

• Upvote 1

Imaginos1892
6 hours ago, Nena Camadera said:

I'd say we're at the better lower end of half-way through the story right now.  Which is...ridiculous, given how long the story is already.

While I'm always impatient to read the next chapter, I am in no hurry to see the story end. Another million words would be just fine with me. If you and Idi can last that long! :biggrin:
———————————
At my house, the 'things that go bump in the night' are cats.

IdiAmeanDada

Just wanted to give an update on Chapter 50.  It is up to 14 pages of the 20 page goal, so it is getting there.  Its been a little slow because of the holidays and Nena having to deal with base exercises. 

On a personal note, my grandmother suffered a stroke 2 days ago that left her with aphasia.  She is fine otherwise.  95 years old and this does not even stop her.  I am not sure what this says about me, but first off, I literally knew about aphasia from reading Haloes.  Seeing it first hand gives me new appreciation for it.  Second, if she had in fact said 'Monkey Pirate Ship', I probably would have fallen on the floor laughing.  But the way she was mixing things up, it also would not have surprised me if she had. 

Anyway, we are trudging along, and hope to have something for you maybe next weekend.

Imaginos1892

An Update! I like Updates! An Update is almost as good as a new Chapter! Well…maybe not almost as good. Maybe, more like, 1 or 2% as good. Still better than nothing!

Sorry to hear about your grandma. Maybe you could try saying 'Monkey Pirate Ship' and see if it means anything to her!

2 hours ago, IdiAmeanDada said:

Anyway, we are trudging along, and hope to have something for you maybe next weekend.

NEXT weekend?! And I was so hoping for this weekend. Oh well.

And the next thing ya know, Christmas and New Years are going to get in the way, too.

How long before we get back to that other Cliffhanger, the one from Chapter 46? Before Christmas, maybe? For our Christmas present? Just a-wonderin'.
———————————
Lennier: "The guards resisted at first. The Grey council is suspended, but the security remains. I managed to…explain matters to them. They will recover, in time."

Urd

Sorry to hear about your grandma Idi. But yea, try to say Monkey Pirate Ship to her and see if she replies I Love you too.

Who knows? It might work!!!

(either that or she's going to think "this lad is even worse than me"

lol

In any case, as far as SS is concerned, the only part that worries me is the "maybe" part. 

I'm glad i'm a pessimist by nature, and i'm not counting to see the results of the events of chapter 46 until January, otherwise i would be in for some nail biting and hair pushing. It will be several months between the infamous ch46 and the answers we're waiting for.

But one shall not look a given horse in the teeth (or something like that) right? 

So a girl shall keep waiting.

Edited by Urd
  • Upvote 1

Urd

Hmm..just realized something.

When Deb first met the Norns, she never made any mention of their sigils. She never made any comment when she first met Mara either.

She could see their "true forms", or whatever it is called, but not their sigils.

Yet, the first time she mets Hagal,  she says "She's got facial tatoos."

The way she says it, indicates she was surprised. Which means it was the first time she saw someone with facial tatoos, which confirms the fact that she did not see anything similar on either the Norns or Mara before.

So...why is it that she could only see Hagal's marks again?

Nena Camadera

Both Urd and Belldandy have resided on Midgard/interacted with the locals enough to use a passive spell that hides their facial sigils from those people who might have a strong spiritual sixth-sense.  Japan was full of it and Belldandy, after a certain period of getting one too many queer looks and questions from some of Aoshima's more lawful, non-Yakuza buisness associates, began to keep in on active at all times due to its nature-the spell only activates when people of a specific spiritual frequency come too close, and so the drain on magic reserves is usually pretty minimal.  Urd, after one too many close run-ins with concerned military Chaplains and the random inquiring drunk seaman (ha), and even one instance where Mac looked at her funny, did much the same.

Hagall, with her disdain for Aoshima and keeping him at arms length as a client, never really interacted with other humans and so never bothered to use such a spell.  For her, there was never a reason to, thus the reveal of the sigils to Deb.

Sorry updates have been so long guys. I just got off a two week nightshift working 12s for an exercise, no pausex in between.  I'm still fucking exhausted, but hopefully I'll be able to write a page that isn't absolute shit with this upcoming weekend.

Edited by Nena Camadera
  • Thanks 1