Community Message: We're currently in the middle of our donation drive. For those willing to send a donation, we ask that you use the feature in the sidebar to send a donation. For those who send a donation, a donation badge will be featured in your profile next to every message you post. members can dismiss this message by clicking on the 'x' in the upper-right corner. Donations are used for hosting fees, license renewal for the forum software and domain name renewal.

Nena Camadera

Scarred Survivors

1,701 posts in this topic Last Reply

Xindran
2 minutes ago, Imaginos1892 said:

I don't like to talk about things before they're written. Is that so bad?

Seriously, though. I just need to sit back and remember that the story was great long before I made so much as a peep. It was just connection fever talking...

Imaginos1892

All right, I said I wouldn’t, but because of some things that were said, and mostly because Nena told me to go ahead and post these, here they are — my totally uninformed, mad-raving, wild-ass guesses about what might happen next. They could be spot on, which would give me bragging rights. They could be completely out there, which would leave me eating virtual crow. Most likely they’re a mix of deadly accurate and Right Out, and I don’t even know which parts are which.

Belldandy and Aiko will be out of it for a while at least. Keiichi and Debra load them in the back seat and return to the storage center. Debra should drive because Keiichi has still got something icky in his hand. They find Lind’s body, widely-distributed bits of Rota-the-Deadite…and nothing else. No crispy rabishu, no evil-angel-wasp-thingy, no Valkyrie halberd and no Urd. Spear Mint and Cool Mint sublimated into the aether when Lind died. Residue of humongous demonic aura everywhere, too strong to track.

Belldandy calls Asgard (or maybe Keiichi, or Debra, figures out how to call Asgard on Lind’s phone), they dispatch Valkyries to fetch Lind’s body and a clean-up crew to eliminate evidence before the mortals find anything. Maybe Nebo tags along because poor Lind was his patient and, well, rabishu. They confirm the demonic aura, but can’t identify or follow it either.

Belldandy goes into depression and self-loathing over her last words to her big sister. Keiichi tries to comfort her, with limited success. They return to the hotel for lack of any better options. Keiichi tries really hard to comfort Belldandy, she remembers Skuld’s ‘don’t let him pull the trigger’ and tells him she’s not ready. He’s frustrated, but manages to sit on his temper enough to not hurt her even more.

Hild took Urd and World of Elegance to be fixed up under her personal supervision in Niflheim. It will take a long time because Elegance is seriously fucked up. She’d be dead if she didn’t share Urd’s half-demon nature. When Urd is recovered enough to talk she insists that Hild get word to Belldandy and Keiichi that she’s going to be all right. Hild decides to tell them personally, leading to the conversation with Keiichi, or McGuinness, that Nena posted back in August.

This raises more questions: Which demon died with Rota? Did Hild know in advance, or was she in the dark until it happened? Who was Lind’s Doublet? Did Hild know?
———————————
Gentlemen! You can't fight here — this is the War Room!

Edited by Imaginos1892

Urd

Questions. ..

If Neebo gets to operate on WoE, is it like performing a 2 in 1? Meaning, you almost operate the angel and the host at the same time? 

Also, if we have a drug that prevents the angels from getting out, is there also a drug that prevents the angel from getting back in? (I can imagine poor elegance wanting to hide deep into urd's soul and try to hurry back in as soon as someone drags her outside...).

Also, i forgot...how to heal/operate/whatever on an angel that has venemous (sp?) blood?

Wear thick gloves?

Edited by Urd

Nena Camadera
16 hours ago, Imaginos1892 said:

This raises more questions: Which demon died with Rota? Did Hild know in advance, or was she in the dark until it happened? Who was Lind’s Doublet? Did Hild know?

For the questions that won't be answered in the story itself: Rota's  demon who died was someone of no political importance to Hild and even less relevance to the story. Hild was aware of the likelihood of their death, however and a special administration was notified to send an unspecified sum to the immediate family as reimbursement for the "doublet death". Because doublet deaths are uncontrollable, Niflheim has a special legislature to provide for those families victimized by it. Due to the nature of Rota and the Rabishu, this particular family will fall into a special category that will obtain monthly sums from the government lasting two generations, for spouses and children who suffered from the event due to (on paper) Niflheimian progression of internal defense. 

5 hours ago, Urd said:

Neebo gets to operate on WoE, is it like performing a 2 in 1? Meaning, you almost operate the angel and the host at the same time? 

Also, if we have a drug that prevents the angels from getting out, is there also a drug that prevents the angel from getting back in? 

Also, i forgot...how to heal/operate/whatever on an angel that has venemous (sp?) blood?

Wear thick gloves?

In order to operate on any kind of angel, usually the link between them and their host must be temporarily severed (something Mooney can do ) in order to prevent any kind of feedback that could put the host in shock. 

Funny you should ask about that second capability.... 

And for the third:  drugs drugs drugs!  (and gloves regardless for sanitation purposes as per medicinal practice) 

Urd
21 minutes ago, Nena Camadera said:

For the questions that won't be answered in the story itself: Rota's  demon who died was someone of no political importance to Hild and even less relevance to the story. Hild was aware of the likelihood of their death, however and a special administration was notified to send an unspecified sum to the immediate family as reimbursement for the "doublet death". Because doublet deaths are uncontrollable, Niflheim has a special legislature to provide for those families victimized by it. Due to the nature of Rota and the Rabishu, this particular family will fall into a special category that will obtain monthly sums from the government lasting two generations, for spouses and children who suffered from the event due to (on paper) Niflheimian progression of internal defense. 

In order to operate on any kind of angel, usually the link between them and their host must be temporarily severed (something Mooney can do ) in order to prevent any kind of feedback that could put the host in shock. 

Funny you should ask about that second capability.... 

And for the third:  drugs drugs drugs!  (and gloves regardless for sanitation purposes as per medicinal practice) 

Well,. i figured if ppl researched the Patet Nihil, they must also have find something that countered it/was the complete opposite to it.

Anyway, was bored out of my mind and made some more 15 min drawings. One is Lind's hand dangling from a strecher.

thumbnail_20171228_214221.jpg

• Like 1

Urd

The other is a poor rendition of demon-Urd. (kinda hated it..but oh well.)

I'm just dyyyiiiiing to see her making her debut!!!! (and Hild too).

thumbnail_20171228_224111.jpg

Nena Camadera

That bit with Lind....

sad.gif

Urd
4 minutes ago, Nena Camadera said:

That bit with Lind....

sad.gif

Whyyyyy?

(that one was actually an old drawing that i refurbished XD)

Edited by Urd

Nena Camadera

In other news, the next chapter is almost complete.

But...

I got a Switch and Breath of the Wild for Christmas from a combined assault of my father and my husband so...

Shit is slow.  I'm too busy howling with laughter as Link attempts to climb a cliff to run from a stone golem, said golem throws a boulder at Link while I'm thinking he'll escape, and gets hit with the boulder, looses his grip, survives the boulder but goes spiraling down a cliffside with ragdoll physics before hitting the ground and dying.

So....I'm trying guys. I'm trying real hard while being distracted by Zora Husabandos whose teeth glint at every cutscene and moody Rito warriors while I get chased by laser monsters all across Hyrule.

With that, if there's no update this weekend, I'll try and dive into the lore and produce some silly little stories for all of you to chew on.

Nena Camadera
1 minute ago, Urd said:

Whyyyyy?

Because it's a sad concept! And if I say anything else I'll spoil the next chapter, which makes me sadder still!!!!

Urd
Just now, Nena Camadera said:

Because it's a sad concept! And if I say anything else I'll spoil the next chapter, which makes me sadder still!!!!

Well, it's all your fault for leaving me here, alone with my thoughts and wild imagination running loose!

**sobs**

**cries in corner***

I'm joking btw...

Imaginos1892

Aaaarrrrggh! Now that I've started, I can't seem to stop. Yet Another mad raving:
———————————

“You are Nebo?”

He turned to see a blonde woman — no, a blonde demon — standing a short distance away. “Am Nebo. Who are you?”

She took two steps closer. “My name is Mara. I’ve been directed to offer you this.” She held out an irregular crystal, of a purple so dark it was almost black. “This is an invitation to Niflheim, issued by Lady Hild herself; also her personal guarantee of safe passage and safe return.”

Nebo made no motion to take it. “For what purpose?”

“Her daughter Azag Uru’mir — she whom you know as Urd — was attacked. Her angel is grievously wounded, and while we believe we can save her life, your assistance, and that of your ssaratu, would be most welcome.”

“If I decline this…invitation?”

“Urd’s angel may die. Our healers will do their best to prevent that, but they lack your unique expertise. Lady Hild invites you; she does not beg, or threaten. If you accept, you can earn a measure of her goodwill.”

———————————

Mara is nearly as old as Urd, and she’s here acting as Hild’s official emissary. She kin talk purty when she wants to.

Saaaaay, what is Hild's name, in Falken?

Edited by Imaginos1892