Community Message: We're currently in the middle of our donation drive. For those willing to send a donation, we ask that you use the feature in the sidebar to send a donation. For those who send a donation, a donation badge will be featured in your profile next to every message you post. members can dismiss this message by clicking on the 'x' in the upper-right corner. Donations are used for hosting fees, license renewal for the forum software and domain name renewal.

Nena Camadera

Scarred Survivors

1,701 posts in this topic Last Reply

Xindran
4 hours ago, Urd said:

"I have friends in Niflheim. Family too. And while i might have a rocky relantionship with them now that i'm a part of Asgard...I still care about them."

Given what we now know about the history of the dark realms, you could say this:

Since every demon that's not older than dirt has effectively been adopted by Hild as part of her original conquest, it stands to reason that almost all of the citizenry of the dark realms could be seen as Urd's adoptive brothers and sisters... with a handful of specific individuals being closer than the rest. Mara won't be the only one, and the Wilders themselves may even be seen as rambunctious little brothers.

Then there are also additional individuals unique to this story who haven't been introduced just yet, or will simply be mentioned in passing.

That sound about right?

Urd

I gotta be fast with this one, because New's Year shits and whatnot going on downstairs, so it's probable i'll leave stuff behind.

This wasn't a heavy chapter...this was madness!

(leaves space for "THIS WAS SPARTA" jokes)

When i think we will have answers coming our way, we have half an answer, immediately followed by like 10 new questions.

(also, i will forever be scarred by the fact that when i started to read this chapter, "Defying Gravity" began to play on my youtube list.)

Something has changed within me

Something is not the same

I'm through with playing by...

...the rules of someone's elses game...

How fitting...

Anyway, I'm confused as hell. The very first part suggests that Mara and her gang found bodies at the warehouse. The later part, in Belldandy's dreams, shows us that those bodies can't be Urd's or Lind's. So either:

1 - Mara's found someone's elses bodies (passerby's who died from exposure to the energy/WoE's poison?) Some minor demon that got too close? Can't be rota's remains, since she kinda...well, exploded.

2 - Belldandy's dream is not real. It might just be her "sight" showing her what could have been, had Urd and Lind been teleported to Asgard, like they did. 

I'm inclined to think that Belldandy's dream was the reality thou, which leaves the question of: whose bodies did Mara's gang found?

Anyway, moving on. 

Assuming that Bell's dream depicts how things really happened, there are many things there that left me confused.

First of all, the twins actions. How come Urd goes into shock when WoE gets hurt, but the twins don't go into shock when Lind gets impaled?

Shouldn't the rules apply to both sides? The host feels what the angel does, and vice-versa, no?

So i don't really get it how Cool and Spear Mint could still "function", showing no signs of pain, while Lind laid there on the ground, bleeding out. In my book, they should be as in shock as Urd was!

Ok, ok. Moving on.

So, WoE resorted to "mutating" as a self-defense mechanism. For a split second i almost thought she was being consumed by rabishu larvae and almost threw the kitchen sink at the screen ... "AGAIN THIS RABISHU THINGY?"

Then i read two lines more and realized she's mutating into some sort of...snake? Like her host Tendee form or something? Interesting. Will that mutation last or can she revert it?

Ok, ok, moving on again. I'm in a hurry!

If that's indeed how things happened, i actually feel sorry for Urd. To be attacked by her own grandfather in a moment where she was most vulnerable...Even her own family wants her dead, and that is based on how her angel looks alone. She's getting attacked from everywhere! People from Niflheim try to murder her, ppl from Asgard try to murder her angel! Jeez! Good fucking Lord, the woman is right in her rage. Everybody, or almost everybody seem to want her dead, based on what she can be, and not what she is. Which makes me think of how much of a threat Urd can really be to ALL the players involved. Nevermind if Odin eventually snapped out of it, his first instict was to kill.

No wonder Urd has trusting issues --__--

So...did Luna actually got speared or just knocked away by the force of the passing Gungir? And did Odin actually impaled Urd's head with that angel/spear or just cut her brow?

And Urd also has the golden eye technique?

And ... exploding heads? (this was actually the first part that made me think that maybe none of that was real...exploding heads???!?!?)

The following part was difficult for me to imagine, because i'm having difficulties portraiting a serpent with hind legs on my head. I did a quick search on Google and came up with a few pics. Is Urd's tendee form anything like any of those pics (posted at the end of the post)?

Anyway, Urd got hunted. Hunted for good. By Valkyries, by dogs, by her father...again, i felt sorry for the woman. She's done nothing to provoke that much ..that much...anger, distrust, bloodrage against her. Pretty much all of her violent actions were a reaction to someone hurting her.

Even Tyr...even her own Father, who seemed only to want to stop her, comes up with the brilliant thought when he spotted Lind.

You're the one who was supposed to kill her.

Really Tyr? Was that why she was assigned to Urd? To actually kill her in case Urd lost it? Again, makes me wonder how much of a threat Urd can really be to players like Tyr himself, when he actually assings someone to kill his own daughter in case something happens. (What exactly that something is i'm not 100% sure yet). And when he wants to save her "vision be dammed". What is Urd after all? Doomsday in skirts and high heels?

The other inconsistency that bothered me was that Tyr vanished away to an unknow location, with both an injuried Urd and Lind....BUT LEFT THEIR ANGELS BEHIND.

What the royal fuck?

In My Angel arc, when Belldandy had the brilliant idea to run away to the woods (and found our opossum dearest) everybody went searching for her because she couldn't be too far away from her debilitated angel.

But Urd can be away from WoE when the poor thing is dying? And Lind can be separated from her twins when she herself in dying? I thought manifesting the angel AND being separated from them put a huge strain on every one of them....So yea.....that part left me rearing.

Also, i understand that Lind would want to go to Chugach and all, and i understand that Tyr would promise that to her, but...why Urd? Why promise to leave Urd there too? 

So that Lind can keep "performing" her duty? 

Even if he drops them both at Chugach after they are sewed into one piece (Urd has more holes than a swiss cheese atm), what then? If her "crimes" were so grave, isn't he putting the very habitants of Chugach in danger if he leaves Urd there? Wouldn't hunting parties be mobilized to hunt her there, even if it's off limits of Asgard?

As you can see...yea...i'm having loads of questions...

I'll try to post more questions later on.

• Like 1

Urd

Drap..i forgot the pics!

So, anything like any of these?

feathered_serpent_by_thenightmaredragon.jpg

commission__angelic_dragon_by_pinali.jpg

FRF_UginTheSpiritDragon_ART.jpg

quetzalcoatl___kukulcan_by_genzoman.jpg

White_Dragon_With_Feather_Wings.jpg

Nena Camadera

And here I was confused when the first thing I see that might insinuate the story was me smoking weeds.  Not the first time I've been accused of doing drugs while writing, probably not the last time either.  :D

And then came the questions, and I was thinking to myself, 'okay, that's a relief, my dream about being barricading myself from a bunch of aliens didn't send me into some kind of strange alternate dimension.'  Had me worried for a second.

So, keeping in mind that some of your questions will be answered in future chapters...

First off, I maginos: I can't say I know enough about cell phones to properly answer your questions about them and Asgard, so I'm going to leave the answer as simple and let you and everyone else come up with their own theories: Bell's phone was on vibrate throughout the time Skuld was trying to contact her.  She had it placed on vibrate while Aiko was in the courthouse per Urd's instructions and forgot to take it off afterwards.  Combine that with the added fact that Belldandy and co were underground and out of signal for most of the time Skuld earnestly began contacting Bell and then Bell's unconscious state later, and... that's probably the best answer you'll get from me without me doing a shitload of research on cell towers and theoretical Asgardian bullshit. ((Shoulda gone with Thor's 'I don't have a phone. Send for aid by raven' route...))

Regarding Urd's family Xindran: Urd has not blood relations in Niflheim outside of Hild, but she and the Wilder-ken grew up pretty close as well.  Mara in particular she was close with, and Urd still does care for them.  They care for her as well, and see her as their de facto leader when around them, which is why Mara is subservient to Urd.  Of course, Hild will always rule over them, but...

And now for the motherload, Urd: 

1 hour ago, Urd said:

Anyway, I'm confused as hell. The very first part suggests that Mara and her gang found bodies at the warehouse.

Don't forget that Mara is, as Debra put it, a 'detective' (though that is not the correct translation) and the fact that there was a secondary parasite in the Rabishu's remains.  Those are what she and the team found on scene, with a distinct lack of Urd and Lind.

1 hour ago, Urd said:

First of all, the twins actions. How come Urd goes into shock when WoE gets hurt, but the twins don't go into shock when Lind gets impaled?

Shouldn't the rules apply to both sides? The host feels what the angel does, and vice-versa, no?

This is a really good question.  Part of it is due to the fact that part of Asgardian military standard issued gear, Lind is required to wear a special lapel that acts as a magical shock absorber for her angels.  It works to dull any kind of negative physical feedback that the angels might recieve while their hosts are in combat and liable to be injured on the battlefield, which in turn allows the angels to better play the role of support for their hosts. This, on top of proper training for both hosts and angels, allows the angels to work autonomously even while their host is on the brink of death, and there are events in the past that have led to a Valkyrie or other Asgardian service member surviving wounds that should have killed them thanks to their angel and an EMKIT.  Unfortunately it doesn't go both ways, which is something Niflheim has come to learn, leading to an increase in devices that can be used to stun or injure angels.  

1 hour ago, Urd said:

Then i read two lines more and realized she's mutating into some sort of...snake? Like her host Tendee form or something? Interesting. Will that mutation last or can she revert it?

Seek guidance from future chapters in development!

1 hour ago, Urd said:

So...did Luna actually got speared or just knocked away by the force of the passing Gungir? And did Odin actually impaled Urd's head with that angel/spear or just cut her brow?

Luna actually got speared.  Urd is a little more difficult to answer...

1 hour ago, Urd said:

And Urd also has the golden eye technique?

Just for that small instance of protecting World of Elegance from Odin.  That when combined with everything else left her a little cray-cray.

1 hour ago, Urd said:

n Tyr...even her own Father, who seemed only to want to stop her, comes up with the brilliant thought when he spotted Lind.

You're the one who was supposed to kill her

More things addressed later.

1 hour ago, Urd said:

The other inconsistency that bothered me was that Tyr vanished away to an unknow location, with both an injuried Urd and Lind....BUT LEFT THEIR ANGELS BEHIND.

I think I mentioned this in an earlier post but can't be bothered to check right now, but Mooney has the capability to safely sever the links between host and angel, something that is necessary when preforming any kind of operations that may involve saving the angel's life given the feedback that can arise between host and angel if the injuries are severe.  It's one of the first things Nebo and Mooney do whenever there's a new client, and the lines aren't so much 'snipped' as drafted to a detached link that allows hosts/angels to work separately or away from eachother.  It's a technique Nebo and Mooney have developed and honed over the centuries, and is now a common medical procedure found within hospitals and emergency care clinics as a way to protect both the host and the angel should something happen to one and not the other as a way to maintain the sanity of both parties involved.

1 hour ago, Urd said:

Also, i understand that Lind would want to go to Chugach and all, and i understand that Tyr would promise that to her, but...why Urd? Why promise to leave Urd there too? 

Tyr's promise was only to Lind, and he needed to get Urd out of Asgard to prevent further catastrophe.  What else may happen as a result of that will be addressed in the following arch.

And I...may be a little ashamed to say that Urd's Tendee design was heavily, heavily influenced by the creatures that habitat the Monster Hunter realms.  Tobi(fuzzy cute flying squirrle snake bird thing) and Dalamadur (colossal shoop da' whoop lazer pointy snake Elder Dragon) in particular.  Plug and play and see what you come up with.

Spoiler

image.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.png

Urd
48 minutes ago, Nena Camadera said:

I think I mentioned this in an earlier post but can't be bothered to check right now, but Mooney has the capability to safely sever the links between host and angel, something that is necessary when preforming any kind of operations that may involve saving the angel's life given the feedback that can arise between host and angel if the injuries are severe.  It's one of the first things Nebo and Mooney do whenever there's a new client, and the lines aren't so much 'snipped' as drafted to a detached link that allows hosts/angels to work separately or away from eachother.  It's a technique Nebo and Mooney have developed and honed over the centuries, and is now a common medical procedure found within hospitals and emergency care clinics as a way to protect both the host and the angel should something happen to one and not the other as a way to maintain the sanity of both parties involved.

Yes, yes, you've mentioned in a post yesterday or the day before, but in the actual story, you actually managed to spear poor Mooney before he/she/it had the chance to actually server their links.

You bloodthirsty woman!!!!

Now i'm assuming someone else has to come and server everybody's links, cause you went and pretty much spread da love all around!

No one trust this woman with a kitchen knife pls... -__-

Imaginos1892
On 12/31/2017 at 3:13 PM, Urd said:

I'm inclined to think that Belldandy's dream was the reality thou, which leaves the question of: whose bodies did Mara's gang found?

The crispy rabishu, and Rota-the-Deadite. Although Rota is kind of...distributed.

The following part was difficult for me to imagine, because I'm having difficulties portraying a serpent with hind legs in my head.

A Chinese Imperial dragon, with feathers. Long, snake-like, and legs with five fingers and toes. (cause that means she's a literate dragon, not a dumb one)

If that's indeed how things happened, i actually feel sorry for Urd. To be attacked by her own grandfather in a moment where she was most vulnerable...Even her own family wants her dead, and that is based on how her angel looks alone. She's getting attacked from everywhere! People from Niflheim try to murder her, ppl from Asgard try to murder her angel! Jeez! Good fucking Lord, the woman is right in her rage. Everybody, or almost everybody seem to want her dead, based on what she can be, and not what she is. Which makes me think of how much of a threat Urd can really be to ALL the players involved. Nevermind if Odin eventually snapped out of it, his first instinct was to kill.

Oh, yeah. Look what she was willing to give up to rescue Belldandy, and then it's "her angel's got a black wing, let's kill her just in case". I thought gods were supposed to be better than that.

Also, I understand that Lind would want to go to Chugach and all, and I understand that Tyr would promise that to her, but...why Urd? Why promise to leave Urd there too?

Urd's banished from Asgard. Tyr has to get her out of there, away from Valkyries, any more of Odin's Hounds that might be loose, anybody else that might want to attack her. He has to keep her with him so nobody else can go after her.

She's transforming into her natural Nimiàiaq form? I would hope she can return to normal with Nebo and Luna Spirit's help.
———————————
It takes two to make peace. It only takes one to make war.

Edited by Imaginos1892

Urd

Right, it's 4am and my dogs woke me up and now i cant fall back asleep. ..so time for some rambling! 

Skuld was here at this chapter. And said she wasnt in time to prevent it this time. Which means she saw somthing in a vision, ofc (she kinda made me wonder if an incident like this already happened before, or she was refering to her intervention in my angels arc, when bell almost killed keiichi).

Anyway, she showed up with Tyr, which also makes me wonder if Tyr didnt see anything about this in that Sight of his and it was Skuld who warned him. She's the Norn of the future, right?  It's possible that the sight is stronger on her than on tyr himself.

But anyway, i digress.

I think it was mentioned at some point that the sight (and the future) is not set on stone. That the sight shows what can happen. Possibilities. Alternate and multiple futures, if you like. In summ, not everything that shows up in the sight is garanteed to happen.

Sooooo, with that in mind, i wonder if that "you're the one who was supposed to kill her" meant.

If tyr, or skuld (who might have told her dad), saw some vision in where lind would actually kill urd, instead of saving her, like she actually did. (Bell did thought lind was going to kill urd when she teleported them out of midgard), thus making tyr surprised that things didnt happen like what they saw at the Sight.

Edited by Urd

Imaginos1892
2 minutes ago, Urd said:

Anyway, she showed up with Tyr, which also makes me wonder if Tyr didnt see anything about this in that Sight of his and it was Skuld who warned him. She's the Norn of the future, right?  It's possible that the sight is stronger on her than on Tyr himself.

Nena has said that Skuld's Sight will eventually surpass Tyr's. But it will be a loooooong eventually, probably beyond the scope of this story.

5 minutes ago, Urd said:

I think it was mentioned at some point that the sight (and the future) is not set in stone.

Tyr showed Peorth two different versions of Belldandy's future: one where they saved Holy Bell, and one where they didn't. He sent Peorth to bring about the first future by…being Peorth. Although he didn't know how she'd do it.

Nena has hinted that demons can create 'blind spots' in Tyr's Sight, and that's how they trapped Belldandy in the Evil Wish. Even he couldn't buck the System Force after the Evil Wish had been made.

Xindran

While thinking about that last chapter today, I've just realized some things about Urd. It's her bite. She has control over what exactly flows through her fangs.

When she bit her Grandfather, not only was he not poisoned to death, (something she should be perfectly capable of despite his status as a retired Daitenkaicho) instead, he actually came down off of his bloodlust. Either she did not let any poison flow, or she has a way of applying whatever substance she wants, and in this case, it would be a focusing agent. Granted, it was too little, too late, but not a complete loss. Personally, I don't think he was shocked out of it by just seeing her. If that was the case, then none of this crazy shit would have gone down in the first place. Odin hunting down and killing anything with the faintest hint of a black feather is just too ingrained in him over the millennia. I just can't see it being anything other than a drug, delivered by Urd's fangs, that snaps him out of it.

She is apparently so well trained as a Tic, on the subconscious level, that she could never actually harm a family member, let alone any sentient being. It makes sense that this is possible even when she's out of it, as well as when rampaging. The hound, on the other hand, was as good as dead as soon as it was bitten.

It's quite possible that if I'm right about this, then the only reason that Urd would ever break out the old lab coat and chemistry set is to work on new concoctions for her own body to memorize - because she's not going to go in blindly slinging around a new kind of saliva off the cuff and just expect things to go well. She does have responsibilities as a Tic to first, do no harm.

With this theory in mind, I imagine that the scene picks up on the plains of Chugak, with Lord Tyr , who is supposedly convinced that Lind is on her last breath, Urd, who is starting to come back to conscious thought, and Lind, who for all intents and purposes, is dying very quickly. If the scene is written a certain way, it could initially look like a sad and somber goodbye to the only real friend Urd ever had outside of her two sisters... followed by a gentle bite that looks for everything like a mercy killing (which should be impossible for Urd), or a final, merciful sedative (for those among us who might know our Princess better). Lind's vital signs continue to drop, but she looks to be at peace... and then Urd lays her dragonesque head down over her friends' open wound, covering it from the elements, and falls asleep herself. The rest of this either happens off screen or the whole thing is a flashback. That should drive a few specific people nuts. The idea is that Urd's last bite that day stabilizes her friend, but just barely, and the average person who reads that passage wouldn't know it. Should Lind live, Urd cannot leave her side until she is perfectly recovered, like a proper Tic, and I think it could take well over a year Earthside before they can even show up in Midgard again. I'm hoping it won't be a century or so, though that would make more sense... Poor Brian. Gods, I can't even begin to imagine the state McGuinness is in right now. Stroke? Heart Attack? Worse?

At least "don't let him pull the trigger" doesn't seem to be a reference to Lind going Rabishu-splice-zombie on everyone. I hope...

Also, that thing Lord Tyr thought to himself about Lind being the one who was supposed to assassinate his firstborn Daughter... I get the feeling that, even though he is in a position called "The Almighty One", that Lind's original assignment had been defined by an overruling vote of the High Council. If that is true, and Tyr is in a position of omniscience, he will know for a fact that Lind went against her intended orders and instead became true friends with his little girl. No wonder he is in a mood to grant a boon, even if it is taking her to what even he seems to believe will be her final resting place... unless he's bluffing out loud to give them the chance they both need to recover. Omniscient, right?

I'm also pretty sure that Skuld didn't get to trying to ring Belldandy's phone off the hook until after they hit that magic dampening field where Bell herself uttered that one discouraging word... There's no need to involve a cell tower when the communication devices are only disguised as cellphones.

Edited by Xindran

Urd

Hmmm...you might be reading a little bit too much (or not) into Urd's biting Odin with some sort of "wake up" agent. Don't believe her humanoid form is capable of delivering poison, or whatever other substance, like that. Really think that, in this case, odin really snapped out of it when he actually saw urd for the first time. 

But who knows? 

I do like your theory thou that she can control what kind of poison she applies (when in super snake-dragon form anyway). Would be interesting to see the great serpent be able to kill and to save at the same time. And indeed it's a very interesting scene to think, having urd bite lind and fall asleep on top of her, saving the poor valkyrie from incoming death.

A save for a save. Fitting.

About urd's tic training being so rooted into her that she wouldnt be capable of killing a sentient being...i wouldn't place many chips on that one. That she has some reservations and hesitations about it, for sure. That she wouldn't do it? Hell no. The demon is strong in that one...

I have another question as well.

When urd first went all tendee on us at the beginning of the story, it was a being that was and wasnt at the same time. Something almost incorporeal, incomprehensible, without a fixed shape or form. Lind even said she wouldn't be able to do anything to it, unless she herself tapped into her 10th dimensional form.

Sooooooo....

What is the difference of that tendee and this tendee? How come ppl are able to interact with this one without acessing their own tendee forms, but lind couldn't?

Imaginos1892
1 minute ago, Urd said:

What is the difference of that tendee and this tendee? How come ppl are able to interact with this one without acessing their own tendee forms, but lind couldn't?

At a guess, because it happened in Asgard. They're all 'more present' there than in their virtual 3D bodies on Midgard. Remember waaaaaay back in the beginning of the manga, Fujushima explained that the Goddesses created and constantly renewed the 3D images of themselves that interact with mortals on Midgard.

Urd

I thought about that, but Lind didnt mention she would be able to do something about it if they were in another plane (in this case, Asgard). She only mentioned she would need to be in her 10th dimensional form (read: tendee) form as well to fight Urd in that state.

Which lind wouldnt do cause it was a grave offense to release their tendee forms in midgard. (That was what actually got urd banned in the first place).