Community Message: We're currently in the middle of our donation drive. For those willing to send a donation, we ask that you use the feature in the sidebar to send a donation. For those who send a donation, a donation badge will be featured in your profile next to every message you post. members can dismiss this message by clicking on the 'x' in the upper-right corner. Donations are used for hosting fees, license renewal for the forum software and domain name renewal.

Nena Camadera

Scarred Survivors

1,723 posts in this topic Last Reply

IdiAmeanDada
On ‎1‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 12:05 AM, Urd said:

What is the difference of that tendee and this tendee? How come ppl are able to interact with this one without acessing their own tendee forms, but lind couldn't?

I think the obvious answer to why people could interact with her was that they were in a tenth dimensional space.  As for the differences, Nena will have to correct me if I am wrong here, but the reason her form was like that in Chapter 5 was because a 10 dimensional object cannot manifest in 3 dimensions.  To quote: 

They weren't allowed to reveal their True Selves on a lesser dimensional plane. It went at odds with the dimensional rules of that plane and created paradoxes because the Rules that created the Law of the Land were broken and impossibilities that the lower dimension could not fathom were brought to reality.

20 hours ago, Xindran said:

basically a Fenrir with tits.

spit-out-cereal-meme-1024x668.jpg

18 hours ago, Urd said:

Her angel was in pain. She was in agony. All i really saw was a woman, a woman who grew up amongst demons, amonsgt Wilder demons, do whatever was in her power to stop a man from murdering her angel.

This!

18 hours ago, Urd said:

Regarding Ansuz. we don't really know (yet) what is her opinion of Urd in the SS Universe. My first instinct would be to think of her as a somewhat bitter and cold stepmother to Urd (**cough**blame Origins**), but it can really go both ways. And both ways would be easy to justiy.

A - Ansuz can despise Urd. And why wouldn't she? She's the living, walking proof that her husband loved another woman other than herself in the past. And not only she had to live with that knowledge, she has to face it every day of her life. Most women don't take that too kidly. She's also the cause of mistrust and headaches all around Asgard. She's the reason why she had to retiree from her career as a Valkyrie. She's the daughter of the enemy she fought against for years. She's now also the cause of her eldest daughter being trapped in a pedo nightmare for 10 years. Oh yes, i can see SS Ansuz hating on Urd.

B- She can actually be a reasonable woman and see Urd for what she actually is. A child that was removed (removed or "abandoned"?) from her own mother at a tender age and tossed into a new family of nearly strangers who didn't even speak the same language. A child who never really felt at home neither in Niflheim or Asgard. A child that possesses power that most gods can only dream of and pretty much is scared out of her mind (scared of herself) on what she can actually do with it.  A child that is caught in the middle of a political war that existed way before her existence and never asked for any of this. I can see this Ansuz offering all the support Urd could ever need, even if i think Urd would hardly accept any of it. Oh yes, i can see Ansuz making it clear that while she will never be a replacement for Hild, Urd can count on her for whatever she needs.

I think its already been implied, either in story in in Nena's Lore Ramblings that Ansuz has a good relationship with Urd.  Don't let Nena's other stories influence your perception of the relationships in this one.  Otherwise I will have to throw pinecones at you. 

45 minutes ago, Urd said:

Does not mean the authors will change something just because we found it farfetched. Or maybe they'll try to re-adapt something in order to make it look more feasible! We don't know!

Maybe they'll like one of ours theories and even run with it! Maybe they laugh at our faces behind their screens! We don't know!

While they have generally been few, there have been instances where we have made minor alterations to the story based on some of the theories/feedback, sometimes just to see what your reactions will be.  :)  We only do it if it does not change the outline or the end goal of the section/chapter. 

Urd
3 hours ago, IdiAmeanDada said:

I think its already been implied, either in story in in Nena's Lore Ramblings that Ansuz has a good relationship with Urd.  Don't let Nena's other stories influence your perception of the relationships in this one.  Otherwise I will have to throw pinecones at you. 

Hmm...i'm struggling to remember that Idi. The only parts that i can remember (from the top of my head) about Ansuz/Urd here in the SS world are the parts where Nena said Urd tore Ansuz arms to pieces in a fit of bloodrage and the part where you guys mentioned that Urd did something that riled Ansuz up so much it brought out her accent, and indirectly, when Urd revealed that she knew Valkyries had a "true name", not the one assigned to them as Valkyries.

Hardly anything that i can take solid conclusions from. (I might be forgetting something thou)

But the humor still lives in this one!

PINECONE BOMB much? ;)

Xindran
4 hours ago, Urd said:

Don't be afraid to theorizing Xindran. It's no secret i love to theorize about everything and some more, and i've also had moments where i read too much into such unimportant details that i created a storm inside a cup of water.

So, you took the first class test and passed? (...please tell me you get that reference)

4 hours ago, Urd said:

Maybe they'll like one of ours theories and even run with it!

Well, one day I was listening to the radio (which is rare) and I heard Natalie Merchant's "A Change Will Do You Good". One of the phrases in those lyrics kinda jumped out at me as something that could make for a half-assed Omake. No one in their right mind should want to run with it, though.

Then again, I can't be the only person that thinks this might be a wonderfully awkward time for a deployment. (And if it's in the Mediterranean sea... Why the hell not? Let's meet the Sirens! - I'm sure they're actually there to keep something sealed.) Do you really want me near the controls?

4 hours ago, Urd said:

I confess i didn't understand what you meant to say with this... :/

All I can say to that is that I've been reading just enough of the different FanFiction stories that some of them bleed together for me. Those were thoughts I had several weeks ago for worlds in which Urd was eventually meant to succeed her parents. I've come to understand that won't be all that relevant here.

19 hours ago, Urd said:

But i do have to agree with imaginos at some extent. Do try to read this forum. (Dont try to read all in the same day thou...our musings have become larger than the whole story prolly).  There will be loads of theories, loads of wild guessing and loads of author's comments.

...and in the meantime I can try to theorize in ways that don't need to reference so much of it

Xindran
3 hours ago, IdiAmeanDada said:

spit-out-cereal-meme-1024x668.jpg

...I will never live this down, will I? (you can't say that someone upstairs didn't have that thought, though).

Urd
3 minutes ago, Xindran said:

So, you took the first class test and passed? (...please tell me you get that reference)

Nope..have no idea about that reference...soz!

If there was ever a test, i failed and crashed big time!

3 minutes ago, Xindran said:

Then again, I can't be the only person that thinks this might be a wonderfully awkward time for a deployment. (And if it's in the Mediterranean sea... Why the hell not? Let's meet the Sirens! - I'm sure they're actually there to keep something sealed.) Do you really want me near the controls?

Nope..i'm half expecting Keiichi to be deployed at some point is the story myself. That the timing would be wonderfull now? Doubt it...but it CAN happen after all!

Xindran
1 minute ago, Urd said:

Nope..have no idea about that reference...

The first class Goddess test from the cannon script: Boil the water in the glass without heating it.

Answer: Tornado!

2 minutes ago, Urd said:

That the timing would be wonderful now?

The keyword for me was awkward... 

Nena Camadera

Xindran, you shall go down in this thread's history as the one who called Urd 'Fenrir with Tits'. I will find a way to make this canon for Scarred Survivors, mark my words.  Even if it's nothing but another half-crazed lore rambling, it will find its way into the story.

Anyways, to celebrate the weekend and my recent discovery that I'm gonna be an Aunt in about nine months, here's JormungUrd-Dalamaderp, I.e., what Urd's current tendee form might look like with heavy inspiration from Monster Hunter.

Spoiler

image.png

Who wants a hu~ug!?

• Upvote 1

Imaginos1892

Oh, that Monster Hunter. First thing I thought of was Larry Correia's Monster Hunter International series.

You have to be sure to give her FIVE fingers. Four-fingered dragons are just stupid brutes; Urd is a literate dragon.

Xindran
10 hours ago, Nena Camadera said:

I will find a way to make this canon for Scarred Survivors, mark my words.  Even if it's nothing but another half-crazed lore rambling, it will find its way into the story.

You were right. This is fun.

If I had to guess, it feels like something the Thor from the original myths might say, but then, it could just as easily be anyone we don't know yet.

IdiAmeanDada

And we are in beta!

IdiAmeanDada

Chapter 52 is up!

• Upvote 1

Xindran

It doesn't look like there's any point in the dark realms having a treaty with heaven if this is how "resources" (read: designated target species) are going to be treated. Is this really how Lord Tyr intends to deal with competition? Of course, the answer is no. This isn't his style. Whether Deb lives or dies, whether she manages to convey the words that were spoken to her as it was going down or not, somehow, I just don't think that Dreamweavers are supposed to kill anyone. Isn't that why they aren't targeted openly by any side? This is clearly an introduction to some new players.

So the question now is: Who are "they"? Is this a group of gods that live outside of the influence of the unified heavens, or are they insiders? Is the group purely made of deities, who are for this story's world, responsible for human atrocities like the inquisition and witch trials? Or worse yet, are they a celestial branch of Legion - reminiscent of Davner's 'Balancers', who were also made up of beings from both sides of the fence?

No matter what happens next, this one event can be taken as a threat to the peace between light and dark, and must be investigated thoroughly. On the god's side, I can easily see these events culminating in the sealing of individuals that may ultimately be unconnected and just framed - like whoever was the director of Belldandy's workplace from ten years ago. If this is the case, the movement is already beyond manageable bounds.

...and poor Mara thought she had a headache before...

• Upvote 1