Community Message: We're currently in the middle of our donation drive. For those willing to send a donation, we ask that you use the feature in the sidebar to send a donation. For those who send a donation, a donation badge will be featured in your profile next to every message you post. members can dismiss this message by clicking on the 'x' in the upper-right corner. Donations are used for hosting fees, license renewal for the forum software and domain name renewal.

Nena Camadera

Scarred Survivors

vanagandr    209
vanagandr

Oh, I get that the darkness will get deeper. That much I understand, and I never expected chapter 3 to be all rainbows and sunshine. 

It's alright, I'm not expecting any spoilers. I'll wait for the chapter :)

I see. I was wondering about this time delay, although I was primarily thinking it from Heaven's perspective, but then again it's not really important. And I did remember about the demon, which explains the appearance of a certain Valkyrie.

No worries, it took me a while to go through both chapters (thanks to my own distractions XD) but I must admit that it's a bit of a different thing alright.

IdiAmeanDada    47
IdiAmeanDada
5 minutes ago, vanagandr said:

And I did remember about the demon, which explains the appearance of a certain Valkyrie.

Actually, no.  There is no relation here.  Lind is tasked with ensuring the wish is carried out properly.  She was brought in because of Urd's incessant meddling, and has been dealing with it for many years now.  I will just say that they pretty much hate each other right now. 

vanagandr    209
vanagandr

I see... I guess I saw too much into it. Then again... Asgard must be too fond of their contracts to send a Valkyrie to ensure that such a wish is carried out. Not that it sounds wrong for a darker story.

IdiAmeanDada    47
IdiAmeanDada

You are right, a Valkyrie would not normally be tasked with this, but this is definitely a special case.  Without giving away too much, they are just blindly following the letter of the contract, and really have no heavenly idea why Urd is trying to interfere so much.  A while back it came to a head, and they decided an enforcer needed to be appointed to ensure that it is not tampered with, and Lind drew the short straw so to speak. 

Nena Camadera    63
Nena Camadera

Yeah...and then you add to it the various insults and jibes that have been thrown between Lind and Urd for the past several years 'because' of that, and...well...there's a bit of history and a bit of bad blood the two of them need to work out...

But it's okay.  They're a pair of full fledged adults, right?  I'm sure they can come to terms with the disagreements between them in a calm, peaceful, and mature manner.  But that'll come more in chapter four.

IdiAmeanDada    47
IdiAmeanDada
4 minutes ago, Nena Camadera said:

But it's okay.  They're a pair of full fledged adults, right?  I'm sure they can come to terms with the disagreements between them in a calm, peaceful, and mature manner.

The sarcasm is strong in this one.

Urd    52
Urd

Hmm..i sense Urd is going to be serving as a floor mop in the future chapters...

Poor Urd...at least put up a decent fight! Poke her in the eyes! Pull her pubic hair! I don't know..do something!

I can totally see Skuld cheering for Lind..lol

Edited by Urd

Nena Camadera    63
Nena Camadera

Nah, Skuld wouldn't be cheering for Lind. Urd is still her sister, regardless of the fights they get into.  Besides, Skuld's going to find herself too busy to cheer for anyone else other than herself; Valkyries aren't deployed as lone wolves and more than SEALs are, it turns out....

vanagandr    209
vanagandr

I'm probably wrong here, and I suppose that I won't get a straight answer, but... the girl in chapter 3 kind of seemed like Siegel to me. At least as far as her general description is concerned, although I'm not sure if it's just accidental or not. 

Nena Camadera    63
Nena Camadera

That's more an unintentional coincidence than anything else.  The girl is definitely not Sigel.  If she appears at all in this story, it'd still be around Skuld, since that's the one who created Sigel.  

vanagandr    209
vanagandr

Got it. I wondered if you had a biological (to word it in a more careful manner) version of her, if nothing for a basic character design. But that still works, since blue eyes and black hair are far from a unique feature. 

HotelKatz    46
HotelKatz

Gotta say, you did promise you would make it darker.

Maybe I'm seeing things that don't exist, but it kinda seems like Aoshima has quite a bit of hate towards himself, like he knows that the moment Belldandy leaves, everything will fall apart and the party is over because all of his success was due to her and he has no ability to keep any of it running at all.

But I have my doubts that you intended on Aoshima hating himself. I suspect you have him more 'drunk on power' than anything else.