SUPPORT: We're in the middle of the donation drive for the site. If you're able to help support our community by sending a donation to the site, please use the Paypal donation sidebar feature. Remember, your support helps keep us funded and allows us to provide our community with features such as an image hosting gallery, community forums and more.

Welcome to Goddess Relief Office

Welcome to Goddess Relief Office, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Goddess Relief Office by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create your own image gallery and upload images
  • Post status updates and much more

Nena Camadera

Scarred Survivors

1,242 posts in this topic

Is it a stupid question to ask if the fight between Hagal and Keiichi be both a mind-trippy one and a bit of a shaggy dog one, as in 'Keiichi gives it his all in the fight and later learns that Hagal used her illusions to watch Keiichi flail around stupidly/beat himself up'?

No such thing as a stupid question.  I will just say that the fight between Hagal and Keiichi will be no contest, and leave it at that.  :)

Well lookie here..some idiot went out and made shitty fanart of her own fanfic...

"Let's take it outside,
Burn this town.
You see it on my face,
Gonna beat you down."

Skuld 'bout to whoop some ass like only a Norn knows how.

Skuld Redesign.jpg

I suppose I'm the only one who likes the 'shitty' fanart, then. Honestly, it's really nice to see a more mature version of Skuld, especially when the mature element isn't specifically meant for fanservice ;)

Very, very nice, Nena.

Its way better than anythibg i can do, thats for sure.  

Also, in case anyone did not notice, Chapter 4 is up.  

Just a very minor thing I've noticed was that you went with Chrono's original hair color, instead of having her as a blonde like in the late manga. 

Also, considering that there was a fleeting mention of Hild, I wonder if she had a hand in helping Keiichi, or if it was simply Urd's own joke.  

Alright, read chapter 4!

One of the first things that came to my mind is that there are too many threats going around. On the previous chapter, Urd threats Skuld. Now Lind threats Kara, and then Skuld threats both Valkyries...heck, even Keiichi is threatning ppl too (even thou he's in character wwhile doing so). If it was a longer fic, and the threats were more spaced in time, it would not stand out, but as it is, think it removes the "impact" of them...

Apart from that, the only observation i have to make is that the chapter felt short. Much too short. Was nice to be able to see a little bit of the story told by Lind's POV. A nice change of pace. Hope that you can finish the fighting scenes of the Valkyries vs. Skuld and Urd vs. Lind next chapter. Looking fowward to that. As for Keiichi, i had to giggle when the madness in his head started... Talk about "going along with the flow!"

Also, you guys are creating a background rich enough for this to last for a looong time. Let's see how you wrap things up.

PS: don't you slack on updating AB and Origins, Ms. Nena!

Edited by Urd

2 hours ago, vanagandr said:

Just a very minor thing I've noticed was that you went with Chrono's original hair color, instead of having her as a blonde like in the late manga. 

Also, considering that there was a fleeting mention of Hild, I wonder if she had a hand in helping Keiichi, or if it was simply Urd's own joke.  

Dark-haired Chrono is the only Chrono I imagine whenever I think of Chrono, so Brown-haired Chrono is canon Chrono in my mind.

Hild's mention had nothing to do with Keiichi.  Hagall was so overwhelmed and confused by the activity happening that she didn't immediately notice Keiichi was visualizing Urd.  Neither Urd or Hild were in any ways actively helping Keiichi at that point in time.

Urd, I'm still working on AB and Origins, this has just really hooked my attention as a new story.  Between IdiAmeanDada and myself, we've been rocking it by pumping out a chapter each week, and that is hugely impressive given the amount of content each chapter holds.  The pace is slowing with chapter 5 though so we'll see what happens by the end of this week.

Kara is more of a comic relief character over anything else, so half of what anyone says to her or what she does can be taken with a grain of salt.  Same with about half of the things Keiichi says.  It's really a matter of what's happening at the time and the situation warranting the threats that you should pay more attention to.  As for the chapter itself, it was actually one of the longest we've written yet (which is a bad on me...) however it chances perspectives a lot and leaves everyone with a cliffhanger to be addressed in Chapter 5, which was intentional on our part.  Nobody got a whole lot of 'face time' and nothing was actually resolved; a bit like a DBZ episode where the main characters do nothing but stand around screaming as they power up.  Again, more intentional than not-this allows chapter 5 to wrap everything up into a nice pretty (ugly) climax that I'm sure everyone is waiting for, and from there we'll be able to move on to the 'after party' that everyone keeps hearing up talk about.

In all seriousness, given the mental nature of this chapter's fight it would've been rather fitting for Aoshima to end up having someone remove Belldandy's 'interface' layer from his memories (basically let him see her as a 10D entity, instead of a pretty woman). With 10 years worth of memories... there's no need to do more than let his mind collapse as it struggles to make sense of what took place in his past. 

I know that it's unlikely to happen, but it would've been a very fitting way of removing him from the equation. Just a random thought...

Truth be told, I don't see that so-called party extending beyond 'Urd and Skuld looking for a place for them and Belldandy to live, while Belldandy hugs Keiichi's arm like she thinks she's in a dream and afraid to wake up'. But once again, I wouldn't be surprised to be wrong.

As I was typing that, I wondered if Hagal somehow was able to have Mara give Belldandy nightmares, before getting sealed. I doubt you guys would do that, but it'd be kinda neat.