NOTICE: Please be aware that the status update widget in the sidebar has been repaired, for those who have been unable to use it lately. This message can be dissolved by clicking the 'x' in the far right corner of this message.

Welcome to Goddess Relief Office

Welcome to Goddess Relief Office, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Goddess Relief Office by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create your own image gallery and upload images
  • Post status updates and much more

Nena Camadera

Scarred Survivors

710 posts in this topic

Read the chapter.

Damn, the tension in the house is so unnerving. It really was a matter of time before someone exploded.

Although it does feel like there is quite a bit of unreasonable antagonism towards Keiichi right now. He's the guy that almost died, the guy that got caught up in this all goddess business in the first place. It's really like nobody cares about his circumstances. Belldandy seems to be the one who at least puts him in her mind, but how can she help him if she can't help herself.

A smart man really would cut his losses already.

And these goddamn cliffhangers. You guys are killing meeeeeee.

Some of that is intentional on our end-especially on my end by placing Keiichi in a position he has no experience in.  When surrounded by the divine and already under pressure, at some point he's going to accidentally do something that puts other people against him, if only by the sheer fact that he's 'a mortal and therefore careless', as Urd so bluntly put it.  That's one of the reasons Belldandy is pressing so hard for Aiko to come, because of everyone, she's probably the most aware of how alone he is at this particular moment.  Belldandy has her sisters, Peorth, and even Nebo and Lind to help support her, but right now Keiichi can't even call on his team to help him out without explaining a very uncomfortable situation to all of them.  Even Braxton's experience with the divine is limited, and admittedly, Braxton is still pretty new to the Team, all things considered.  It's doubtful Keiichi would want to open up to him yet without going on a couple deployments with him first, and so Aiko right now is the more reasonable choice.

It gets better.

Kind of.

Maybe.

Sorta...

5 hours ago, Urd said:

And i'm also with Keiichi on the plucking of the feather thingy. It was just a handfull of feathers...how could it wound a goddess so much? Did he literally tore a piece of her soul? Ok, so he managed to pull one of the biggest feathers it seems (about the size of his arm), but i'm as confused as he is as to Urd's reaction. I wouldn't go as far as him and  say it would be just like pulling out a hair, but that much of a reaction?

I commented to Nena 'Keiichi, you dumbass, it's more like pulling out a fingernail' — and she said it's worse. Ever lose a fingernail? I've never had one pulled out, but I've had tools turn on me and do various kinds of damage and it hurts like HELL! I tend to jump up and down, and say many many Naughty Words, very loud. Entertaining for the neighbors, no doubt. Fortunately they grow back.

Those 'big feathers' are called primary flight feathers, and in most birds they have blood vessels in them until they're ready to molt. Nerves, I'm not sure about.

It's obvious that a few more months in that hell-hole would have killed Holy Bell, and Belldandy would have died soon after without immediate intervention from Asgard. Was Hagall planning on that? If she was murdered by a mortal, would that trigger the Doublet System?

Oh, Nena — I don't mind long chapters.

--------------

Nothing can ruin a neighborhood like…neighbors. — from Michael Nesmith's 'Elephant Parts'

Edited by Imaginos1892

4 hours ago, Nena Camadera said:

The first is for the story itself, in which case Keiichi can't muster up the courage or the brain cells to ask about Elegance's wings

Brain cells i would maybe swallow it. Courage no.

Simple because, at this point, as you said so yourself, Keiichi has no idea how a "normal" angel would like (besides the stereotype of one).

If, to him, a black and white winged angel is the norm, then there wouldn't be any issue at all asking or commenting on a black wing, no? It's like poiting out "hey, you have a nose," "So what you dimwit? Everybody has one." (me and my glorious examples after a night on duty...)

Even if he doesn't think black and white wings are the norm, i don't think Keiichi Morisato, Navy Seal and crusher of apples, had already connected the dots and figured Urd's angel has a black wing cause Urd has a dark side...I don't think he quite got the picture already that angels appearances reflect the own'ners soul. Maybe when/if he sees HB or NS he'll start getting the picure...

Then, unless someone tells him is a touchy subject with Urd, wanna see if he has the sense of not bringing it up to her...

26 minutes ago, Imaginos1892 said:

Ever lose a fingernail?

2009..summer.

I had this brilliant idea of going on a forced march with boots that weren't still "broken", as we usually say here. (When the boots are still too new and haven't molded to our feet yet. The theory is that if you don't "break" the boots first, it'll break your feet. There are various ways of doing this, the most popular being filling it with Nivea, hitting it with a hammer or passing over it with a car several times...)

After 3 hours going up and down the hills of the marvelous Infantry School, lo and behold.

Lost all of my toenails. All 10 of them. 

Trust me, you don't wanna know what's like to walk around with NO toenails on...

They had to grow back twice for me to fully recover (the first time they grew, i was still on the course and it never grew properly. Thankfully, they turned black and fell by themselves....again.)

So.....what's worse than removing nails? What exactly did Keiichi did to Urd/WoE?

Also, i don't ming long chapters either XD

Let 'em come!

35 minutes ago, Imaginos1892 said:

If she was murdered by a mortal, would that trigger the Doublet System?

AMG wise, doesn't matter who kills who. A death is a death. Doubt SS will have a different view on this.

1 hour ago, Urd said:

I had this brilliant idea of going on a forced march with boots that weren't still "broken", as we usually say here. (When the boots are still too new and haven't molded to our feet yet.

Ai yi yi, you always break in boots or shoes before taking long walks in 'em! The best way is by wearing them, but that takes at least a couple of weeks. If you don't have that much time, beating them with hammers or chunks of wood, or running over them repeatedly with a tractor can make them tolerable. Never had new boots take toenails off, though, just got epic blisters.

Damaged nails, finger or toe, fall off as a new one grows underneath. Rushing the process hurts, snagging the old nail on something before it's ready to fall off hurts LOTS.

11 minutes ago, Imaginos1892 said:

Ai yi yi, you always break in boots or shoes before taking long walks in 'em! The best way is by wearing them, but that takes at least a couple of weeks. If you don't have that much time, beating them with hammers or chunks of wood, or running over them repeatedly with a tractor can make them tolerable. Never had new boots take toenails off, though, just got epic blisters.

I knew that..

It was a stupid, hasty decision taken by someone who was dog tired and sleepy as hell.

All my others boots were filled with mud (i called it UHU mud, cause it was smelly and sticky), so i thought:

Me:"hey, i still have a pair of clean boots. I'll wear those"

And my conscience was like: "don't do that, they're not properly broken yet."

Me: "It will be fiiiiiiine. At least they're dry."

One of the many many time i should have listened to my own conscience...

7 hours ago, solopy567 said:

Although it does feel like there is quite a bit of unreasonable antagonism towards Keiichi right now. He's the guy that almost died, the guy that got caught up in this all goddess business in the first place. It's really like nobody cares about his circumstances.

Part of that is due to everything else that's going on.  If it had been just about him, then I think there would be some more understanding about what's going on.  But Belldandy and Holy Bell's issue trumps him some because its more urgent since he is stable.  Plus Nebo just does not like him.

4 hours ago, Imaginos1892 said:

It's obvious that a few more months in that hell-hole would have killed Holy Bell, and Belldandy would have died soon after without immediate intervention from Asgard. Was Hagall planning on that?

Pretty much as you say.  Urd/Skuld/Keiichi's intervention came just in time, basically.  Not sure that Bell would have died, though.  We know that forcibly removing the angel causes the deity to lapse into a coma, and I guess that if someone in a coma was not properly cared for, they would eventually die.  But in this case, Holy Bell has been withering on the vine over a period of years, so if she passed, would Belldandy even have noticed it?  At this point, I say no.  Not until she tried to call for her. 

I'm imagining the end of this arc going like this:

Belldandy, after having reconciled with Keiichi, brings him to see Holy Bell. He sees her, and despite her appearance he still calls her beautiful, which causes both the goddess and the angel to hug him and thank him for accepting them as they are, and everyone lives happily ever after...until the next arc that is.

54 minutes ago, solopy567 said:

I'm imagining the end of this arc going like this:

Belldandy, after having reconciled with Keiichi, brings him to see Holy Bell. He sees her, and despite her appearance he still calls her beautiful, which causes both the goddess and the angel to hug him and thank him for accepting them as they are, and everyone lives happily ever after...until the next arc that is.

Kinda hard to call a anoretic, featherless angel beautiful, unless you are just trying to cheer up someone...or score points with that someone. Buuuut...that's just me. I hate falsehood.

I'm expecting next chapter to be the last of this arc, if we follow the average. With that in mind, i am half expecting Belldandy to stay all emo over HB during it, while still avoiding Keiichi, who doesn't know how to walk around in his own house.

We're prolly getting some more lip from Neebo, as he instructs Belldandy on how to take care of her angel. After last chapter i was disappointed that the Urd soda/beer can exploding scene was too short (it was my own expectations running high, really...). Only a handful of lines :(  

Because of that, I'm not really expecting some awesome scene to come from Lind/Urd. Probably Lind's going to either go:

A) "Urd, this is not yourself. Get a hold of yourself or i'll have to hurt you" while Urd growls and trashes around wildly. This scenario would prolly have Lind pulling a few punches but ultimately knocking Urd off after she sees she won't be calming down anytime soon.

or

B) Just a quick fight scene where Lind doesn't ask any questions. She just takes advantage that Urd is a little bit unfocused and angry at the world and knocks her ass silly.

or 

C) She miracuosly manages to calm down Urd with the Word of the Lord (= by talking her way out of it). Highly unlikely...not placing any bets thou...

Aiko will be showing up at the very end of the episode. Only doubt will be if Bell summons HB inside her again or if she prohibs Aiko from entering her room. The latest can go

A) Aiko calls it bullshit..."fuck this, this is my brothers house and i want to see what the fuck is going on here" and barges into the room and goes o.O

or

B) Aiko doesn't enter but she and Keiichi are super-hyper-mega curious/distrusful of what's happening inside the room.

And that will be food for the next arc....

Am i too far off the left field, as you usually say?

With our dear authors-san having their 20pages (+-) limit, i'm also suspecting too much is going to get crammed into a single chapter, and we're going to have too much of quick passages.

And i'm going to shut the hell up now...

1 hour ago, Urd said:

Am i too far off the left field, as you usually say?

So many things.....

First off, I can safely say that the next chapter does NOT end the arc.  Expect at least 1 more. 

Second, the cork has only just popped off Urd's champagne bottle.  The fountain has only just started to grow.  There is much more to go with her.  And as Nebo said, its not Urd so much as it's World of Elegance that is popping off.  Urd is kind of along for the ride in some respects, although she has her own ax to grind as you will see. 

Third, I am not 100% sure when Aiko shows up in the next chapter, probably second half.  As for what happens....

And that 20 pages thing is more of a guideline than a hard and fast rule.