SUPPORT: We're in the middle of the donation drive for the site. If you're able to help support our community by sending a donation to the site, please use the Paypal donation sidebar feature. Remember, your support helps keep us funded and allows us to provide our community with features such as an image hosting gallery, community forums and more.

Welcome to Goddess Relief Office

Welcome to Goddess Relief Office, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Goddess Relief Office by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create your own image gallery and upload images
  • Post status updates and much more

Nena Camadera

Scarred Survivors

1,250 posts in this topic

Gonna put this in spoiler boxes, just in case.

Truthfully, a small part of me hopes Peorth had nothing to do with Belldandy's case, but the rest of me would be willing to read a story as good as this with Peorth doing that, if the event was handled well. Peorth might be my favorite goddess, but I'm more than willing to let her be a bad guy if the story is done well.

After all, sometimes, don't we sometimes wonder how a story might go, if one of our favorite characters was a villain?

Edited by HotelKatz

Wow guys, soooo many questions.  There is actually very little I can say, though.  Not without spoiling something.  The pieces that were left out, all the unanswered questions, all will be answered somewhere down the road.  Some of it will take some time to get there.  Even Urd's question around Belldandy's child form has several layers to it that we still need to peel back.  We will get there, just be patient with us. 

Van, your idea around Peorth is intriguing, but we already have plans for her.  Does not mean plans won't change, though.  We kind of have the next 5-6 chapters planned out, the rest is pretty fluid.  To give you an idea, though, we already have the end game in place.  Its the stuff between that we are still trying to nail down. 

Also, an interesting observation on the lying part.  What's funny is that I was literally thinking the same thing just before reading what you said.  :)

I will answer one question, Urd.  Where do they go from here?  Home.  ;)

Wow, lots of awesome questions and hypothesis as to the direction of the story itself.  This is awesome.

First off though, Urd, remember that Lind is part of a Valkyrie unit, which acts as the reigning military in Heaven.  They are not a police unit, as the magic they're equipped with is designed to combat demons, not civilian gods.  That alone makes the reason Lind was assigned to watch Urd rather odd, since, regardless of Urd's heritage, she's still a god.  Lind could potentially strong-arm her into doing something like returning to Asgard, buy magic would be out of the question because it's null and void against other gods; that type of magic is strictly used amongst justice deities who serve as law enforcement, leading back to the question, why have Lind hound Urd?

Unless someone perhaps suspected, but had no proof that there was something else going on...

Van, can't say anything about either Hagall or Peorth, other than what IdiAmeanDada hinted at.  Same with you Katz, though I am intrigued that you both feel that a deity is also at play in Belldandy's situation.

Also, at this exact moment the reviews are being shown on FF.net, so I don't know what questions you guys are asking yet.  When I have some time and the site loads them properly, I might get back to you on whatever those questions might be.

Policewoman was just a manner os putting it Nena.

Bottom line is...If Urd is not perceived as a threat in this Universe for being half-demon, then the only explanation for Lind to be assigned to hound her, as you put it, is that someone thought Urd's investigation would eventually lead them to a demon. A powerful demon, as it is, otherwise they prolly wouldn't have assigned bloody Lind to it.

So...someone knew...and that someone who knew was also someone who had the authority to assign Lind to Urd in the first place. I don't see many ppl in the known AMG Universe who could do that, aside from Tyr...or maybe Ansuz.

BUT....if either Tyr or Ansuz or whoever assigned Lind to Urd was suspicious in the first place...why leave Urd alone to do the digging? Maybe if she had help, she could have "rescued" Belldandy much sooner. Why hide in the shade?

When reading fics where Nena has her hand in, there's always a golden rule: there's always a motive. A reason.

What reason would that person have to do that? Would the outcome of trying to help Urd bringing Belldandy out of that crazy wish be worse than what Belldandy herself experimented? Who would be most interested in having Belldandy out of the picture, tied to an impoosible crazy wish? Who would most benefit from it? Just saying: "a demon" would be too....standart...simple. It feels like someone would have a personal reason to do this...as to whom....Well...have no idea. Yet...

Questions...questions..

Also, one thing that bothers me.

Yggdrasil has to validate the wish...How in the Nine Worlds could a pedophile wish be validated? Was the bug, or virus, or whatever you want to call it the reason it was validated?

About the questions i made in the ff.net review...Here's what i remember:

- Did Urd actually went wacko and killed Aoshima? If so, i can so see it coming to bite her in the ass!

- How did she came back to normal after going teethclawtalons mode?

- Why does Lind STILL has to keep an eye on Urd? Is it because she's afraid she's going teethclawtalons mode again? Is it because she's afraid she might loose it because of what she saw in those videos? Or is it because she knows Urd isn't letting the whole matter drop, and that demons are still lurking around?

-Who was Urd talking to on the phone? Betting is a demon, but who? Hild seems to be out of question at this point, so that leaves us: Mara?

- At this point, i begin to question what EXACTLY Belldandy did on that wish? Was she forced to split into multiple child-Belldandys to satisfy the needs of pedophiles?

- Also, what exactly happened when the lights "went off" when Belldandy made her wish. I mean, it has to serve some purpose...you guys wouldn't just throw that scene in for no reason!

(rant mode : switch on)

-Isn't there a safe-fail mechanism to the wish granting system that would prevent a goddess from falling that low? That seems to be a wish granted to a demon!!

- Couldn't Belldandy have "revoqued" the wish in the first place when the abusing started? Why couldn't she contact Heaven and ask for her wish to be nullified, based on XXX attitude from Aoshima? Why wasn't any1 allowed to contact Bell in all those 10 years?

(rant mode: switch off)

On the side notes: i TOTALLY dig how you guys portraited young adult Skuld. I had this picture in my mind she behaves exactly like the sidekick that follows Jane in the Thor movies =)

"Oh, you shouldn't do tha---there you go...see? Now THIS happens"

I thought Lind was assigned because Urd is simply that stubborn... also dangerous with her admin position. Anyone else might've been intimidated to look the other way by Urd after a while, but Lind is the one who intimidates right back every time.

Also, the new reviews are viewable now, at least for me.

I can see the new reviews as well, which is nice.

For what I don't answer, assume that you'll find the answers within the story as it progresses.

Urd, part of what you said regarding Lind's assignment to Urd is right. You'll have to figure out what part, though I'll say this: the heaven's aren't the 'bad guys' here.

Lind and Urd will steadily be revealed as more time passes in the story.  It's a bit more complicated than you would think.  Belldandy's time with Aoshima will be revealed in a similar manner though with an unlikely source.  Same with the reasons the wish went through; it's one of the main subplots since shit like that isn't supposed to happen, and the fact that such an event did transpire leads to a lot of uncomfortable questions no one is certain how to address.

Also, regarding Belldandy's wish: 'resetting' the last ten years of Keiichi’s life to ensure they met at the proper time would have done nothing for either of them.  Belldandy's own memories would not be erased, and if they were you'd have a scenario similar to the movie where she forgot about the horrible deed Celestine did.  Not good.  Keiichi would have become a vastly different person, and who knows the kind of wish he'd have asked for or how Belldandy would have reacted to it, especially given how fresh and deep the wounds inflicted on Belldandy would have been.  It's better and perhaps, kinder for them both, to pick up and continue as they are right now in this time line, rather than try a hard reset during a save that might lead to 'corrupted data files'.  Belldandy needs to heal, and a hefty chunk of what got her through her time with Aoshima was thinking of Keiichi and his own strength of character that he displayed during the time leading up to his wish.  He may not be the Keiichi of ten years past, but he's a bit older, a bit wiser, and a great deal more experienced than the younger man he once was, and it's something they'll both need if they want to start a relationship together.

Katz, just to help clear things up  For Lind's assignment, it's more the...outward appearance that she was assigned because Urd was stubborn. For Urd and Lind initially, that was all.  Whoever assigned Lind to Urd though had other ideas...

To clarify, I only mentioned Peorth since she wasn't mentioned in the story so far. But given that Chrono made an appearance, I wondered if she had a role in this story to play. Not necessarily as an antagonist, though, since it's entirely possible that she may had been tricked into thinking Hagall could help her extract some revenge on Belldandy, although without knowing the extends the demon would go to do so (albeit mostly for her own amusement). Ignorance is bliss as they say. However, given that you've got plans for her, then I'm more than happy to know that and I'll just wait to see what those might be.

11 hours ago, Nena Camadera said:

Van, can't say anything about either Hagall or Peorth, other than what IdiAmeanDada hinted at.  Same with you Katz, though I am intrigued that you both feel that a deity is also at play in Belldandy's situation.

I know that I'm probably assuming too much by looking at details, but given that Ansuz was aware that Belldandy had consummated her 'marriage' and yet she hasn't passed the Test for more that TEN years... I find that to be somewhat fishy. Belldandy isn't the kind of goddess who'd happily... well... screw around with mortals (for the lack of a better term), so it should've been fairly obvious to anyone who knows her that something wrong is taking place. And yet, there was no one other than Urd who tried to do anything about it. I'd like to think that this was due to someone;s interference, rather than Tyr and Ansuz being too busy to check on what's happening.

But like I said, I'm assuming too much.

I'll have to do the same thing i do with Origins and AB...

Read the bloody thing all over again and look for Easter Eggs =)

There's always eggs somwhere, if you look closely enough ;)

Here's a question that's probably pointless : Has Hagal used her illusion ability like how a drug dealer sells drugs to people? Selling fantasies to people to experience. A hit here, a hit there. Soon, the person is willing to do anything to go back into that fantasy of the life they always wanted. Does it matter if it is a complete fake? Not to the person experiencing it.

And if you go by the saying of "perception of time is an illusion", then they could experience years in a matter of moments. They'd be limited to a mix of what Hagal knows and what they know, though.

I'm probably not the one to answer this, but if we're talking about AMG in general, I doubt that Hagall would bother offering illusions as a means of gaining a profit. Mainly because the wish and the reward are proportionate to each other. If all she offers is an illusion, then the reward will be of a similar nature and... I don't think it's worth the effort to involve herself just for the sake of earning kudos but no real profit. Worse, she could actually cause inflation within the demonic realm if she just granted wishes that left them with practically no gains. 

Now, that doesn't mean she couldn't be doing this for her own amusement. And in the context of this story, I wouldn't be shocked if she had a turn with Belldandy, without the latter knowing about it. Kind of similar to how she got Keiichi trapped into that vision, although in a more physical manner in Belldandy's case. 

Something to also consider with wishes is how much another deity is allowed to interfere with a wish. Canon Belldandy didn't mind having her sisters around,  or anyone else for that matter,  however SS Belldandy made it quite clear that she wanted no other gods around her. Because she was under contract with Aoshima when she made the... Let's face it,  demand, everyone else needed to back down because of previous laws set in place that ensure the wish is followed as the God in question dictates. 

Urd of course couldn't care less about such things if it means helping her little sister out,  and thus what she was doing was illegal, falling back into one of the reasons Lind was assigned to her. 

As for Hagall: what use has she for material wealth? For her, the people around her are tools; a means to an end only she knows. She won't waste her talents on humans unless she sees some advantage to her own end game plan. 

I woke up this morning with a fresh new theory...and Nena completely squashed it before i could even post it.

My random theory number 1, after re-reading the first chapters was:

- Why would Belldandy personally demand NOT to be contacted by any1? Even her sisters?

In my POV, it would be either cause she was too ashamed of the things that were happening to her and didn't want any1 to see it...or she was being blackmailed into keeping her mouth shut. 

The first part would be plausible, but only at some extend, i think. After 10 years of rape, and god knows what else, if pride and shame were the only things holding her back,  i'm pretty sure Belldandy would have broken by now and returned the msgs Urd had sent her asking for help.

But if blackmail was the answer....ohohohoho...then it would probably be:  someone is threatning Belldandy's loved ones with pain if she opened her mouth...

So that leaves either someone threatning Urd and Skuld, or maybe Keiichi. (even if in this Universe they hardly met and the connection between them is not that strong.)

And then Nena came...

And squashed it like a bug -_-

Edited by Urd
add stuff