NOTICE: Please be aware that the status update widget in the sidebar has been repaired, for those who have been unable to use it lately. This message can be dissolved by clicking the 'x' in the far right corner of this message.

Welcome to Goddess Relief Office

Welcome to Goddess Relief Office, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Goddess Relief Office by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create your own image gallery and upload images
  • Post status updates and much more

Nena Camadera

Scarred Survivors

1,018 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Imaginos1892 said:

Could those giant centipedes have been an inspiration for your version of the Angel Eater?

Only in how it could kind of look like a centipede in the manga. I had to examine the scans carefully to try and figure out how it might function as an actual creature, and if anything it works more similar to a parasitic wasp than a centipede regarding its actions. The false head and how it grabs its victims are the only thing similar to a centipede, with it praying on another species and laying eggs beneath the flesh of another creature being closer to a parasitic wasp. 

And then in the anime they turned into a deformed pumpkin. It was actually more threatening looking in the manga.

It was interesting thought as to why it kept on holding onto Spear Mint, yet ate the rest. 

Posted (edited)

I thought it kind of looked like a mutant lizard in the manga.

4 hours ago, solopy567 said:

It was interesting thought as to why it kept on holding onto Spear Mint, yet ate the rest. 

Wasn't Lind holding Spear Mint back? It couldn't get a good grip on her, only one wing. And the 'eating' end was a lot more limited than the 'attack' end.

———————————

Dayna: “Don’t you get tired of being right all the time?”
Avon: “No, I get tired of other people being wrong.”

Edited by Imaginos1892

4 hours ago, Imaginos1892 said:

———————————

Dayna: “Don’t you get tired of being right all the time?”

Where on Earth did you find that name?

Posted (edited)

24 minutes ago, Urd said:

Where on Earth did you find that name?

It's from Blake's 7. British sci-fi show that makes the old Doctor Who episodes look big-budget.

It's a continuation of their conversation in the preceding scene.

Dayna: "Well, come on!"

Avon: "You won't do them any good if you run into something hungry on the way there."

...and she did run into something hungry, Avon got there just in time...

———————————

Shrinker: “You promised to set me free!”
Avon [points to a blaster with one charge left]: “No, I promised you a way out.

Edited by Imaginos1892

1 hour ago, Imaginos1892 said:

It's from Blake's 7. British sci-fi show that makes the old Doctor Who episodes look big-budget.

It's a continuation of their conversation in the preceding scene.

Dayna: "Well, come on!"

Avon: "You won't do them any good if you run into something hungry on the way there."

...and she did run into something hungry, Avon got there just in time...

———————————

Shrinker: “You promised to set me free!”
Avon [points to a blaster with one charge left]: “No, I promised you a way out.

That's my sister's name.

Dayna is an indian word (from native tribes in Brazil) that means "morning flower".

Was reading to this article, and remembered SS.

http://taskandpurpose.com/special-operations-super-soldiers-performance-enhancing-drugs/

The part where it says SEALS are having a growing problem with drugs, specially with soldier that spend loads of time being deployed.

Is our resident SEAL going to face any similar struggles?

Posted (edited)

12 minutes ago, Urd said:

The part where it says SEALS are having a growing problem with drugs, specially with soldier that spend loads of time being deployed.

Is our resident SEAL going to face any similar struggles?

Most unlikely. He drank, and seems to have learned the lessons from that.

Besides, who needs drugs? If he really feels the need, Urd can whip up potions that will do things no mortal drugs could, and won't show up on tests.

———————————

Seen on Outrageous Acts Of Science:
WARNING: THIS WILL KILL YOU, AND IT WILL HURT ALL THE TIME YOU ARE DYING.

Edited by Imaginos1892

2 hours ago, Imaginos1892 said:

Most unlikely. He drank, and seems to have learned the lessons from that.

Besides, who needs drugs? If he really feels the need, Urd can whip up potions that will do things no mortal drugs could, and won't show up on tests.

———————————

Seen on Outrageous Acts Of Science:
WARNING: THIS WILL KILL YOU, AND IT WILL HURT ALL THE TIME YOU ARE DYING.

I don't know.

Ask that to the millions of ppl who do drugs. Not me.

Was just wondering. If he gets separated from Belldandy at some given point due to a deployment, depending the terms they are at that time, would Keiichi go that low?

15 minutes ago, Urd said:

Was just wondering. If he gets separated from Belldandy at some given point due to a deployment, depending the terms they are at that time, would Keiichi go that low?

But why? He'd pretty much gotten over his problems before he met Belldandy, and she, uh, wasn't really helping him deal with them.

He'll miss her, and be impatient to get back to her, but not enough to do stupid shit.

Belldandy will probably need Urd's support while he's away.

———————————

Edna Mode: “No capes!!

14 minutes ago, Imaginos1892 said:

But why? He'd pretty much gotten over his problems before he met Belldandy, and she, uh, wasn't really helping him deal with them.

He'll miss her, and be impatient to get back to her, but not enough to do stupid shit.

Belldandy will probably need Urd's support while he's away.

———————————

Edna Mode: “No capes!!

Well, hence why i said, depending the terms they part with.

If all it's fine and dandy between them, i would go for him being anxious and just impatient to get back.

I'm just asking, what if it wasn't...what if when he departed things were loomy between them. Would Keiichi go that low?

4 minutes ago, Urd said:

Well, hence why i said, depending the terms they part with.

If all it's fine and dandy between them, i would go for him being anxious and just impatient to get back.

I'm just asking, what if it wasn't...what if when he departed things were loomy between them. Would Keiichi go that low?

I really don't think he would. I think he's learned the lesson  that drinking, or drugs, don't solve problems. When the high runs out, your problems are still there, plus now you've got more.

Parting on bad terms would be much worse for Belldandy. She won't turn to drugs, either.

You're not just trying to get the last word, are you?

———————————

Thor: “Merriment can be as great a burden as battle.”
Heimdall: “Then you are doing one of them incorrectly.”