NOTICE: Please be aware that the status update widget in the sidebar has been repaired, for those who have been unable to use it lately. This message can be dissolved by clicking the 'x' in the far right corner of this message.

Welcome to Goddess Relief Office

Welcome to Goddess Relief Office, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Goddess Relief Office by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create your own image gallery and upload images
  • Post status updates and much more

Nena Camadera

Scarred Survivors

1,018 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Imaginos1892 said:

I really don't think he would. I think he's learned the lesson  that drinking, or drugs, don't solve problems. When the high runs out, your problems are still there, plus now you've got more.

Parting on bad terms would be much worse for Belldandy. She won't turn to drugs, either.

You're not just trying to get the last word, are you?

———————————

Thor: “Merriment can be as great a burden as battle.”
Heimdall: “Then you are doing one of them incorrectly.”

Nope. Was really just wondering if Keiichi would be one of those SEALS from the article, if a specific set of conditions were met...

I like to imagine that for a noncanon humorous omake, Keiichi is asked to participate in a drug trial like that, Urd pops out of the ceiling and acts like Keiichi is cheating on her... or gets territorial.

Drug addiction was never an issue we were going to hit on in the story.  It was never brought into consideration.  If Keiichi were to fall into something addictive (not saying he will or he won't) then it'd be back to the bottle, as alcohol is the cheapest, easiest, and most familiar addiction he'd come across.

Drugs take effort and no one would feed his addiction.

A six pack of beer costs six dollars and an ID.

51 minutes ago, Urd said:

Nope. Was really just wondering if Keiichi would be one of those SEALS from the article, if a specific set of conditions were met...

What Nena said.  Without giving too much away, he's going to have enough 'other' things to worry about, tbh.  

Posted (edited)

17 minutes ago, Nena Camadera said:

Drug addiction was never an issue we were going to hit on in the story.  It was never brought into consideration.  If Keiichi were to fall into something addictive (not saying he will or he won't) then it'd be back to the bottle, as alcohol is the cheapest, easiest, and most familiar addiction he'd come across.

Drugs take effort and no one would feed his addiction.

A six pack of beer costs six dollars and an ID.

Welcome back, Nena! Have a good break?

Might we look forward to another chapter soon?

Not to nag, but there might be some 'Scarred Survivors' addiction going around here...

You didn't mention the biggest factor: alcohol's legal, and won't get you instantly kicked out of the Navy. You'd have to work at it.

———————————

Simon Illyan: “Do you know all those old folk tales where the Count tries to get rid of his only daughter's unsuitable suitor by giving him three impossible tasks?”
Ekaterin: “Yes…”
Simon: “Don't ever try that with Miles. Just....don’t.”

Edited by Imaginos1892

Err...what started me on this was that article..

Did you guys read it?

53 minutes ago, Imaginos1892 said:

Might we look forward to another chapter soon? Not to nag...

Technically still on break right now.  Next chapter will probably come next week during the labor day holiday.  Until then, I'll post some fanart I'd created a while back to help tide you guys over later tonight after work, to include one of Nebo and Mooney-ten points to whoever can figure out who Mooney was based off of.

37 minutes ago, Urd said:

Did you guys read it?

I personally did not.  I tend not to follow articals that follow the military and substance abuse, because sooner or later it'll work its way down the chain to us anyways through some form of resilliancy training *shudder*.  The only time I follow any kind of news article at all is generally if there's something going on in my AOR that could possibly affect operations in the Pacific *cough*Northkorea*cough.

As promised earlier this morning. Drew this a couple months ago while Nebo and Mooney were still in their concept stages. Forgive the shitty phone quality photo and Nebo himself-I went a little wild with a doodle and this was the end result. 

20170519_174726.jpg

Posted (edited)

Huh. I pictured Luna Spirit as looking like 'Alien' only more so.

Best for Keiichi that he didn't see her.

Why has Nebo got suspenders? Is he a Lumberjack? Is he OK?

———————————

Mark: "Oh, yes. I've met several of his girlfriends, in fact. The most appalling bunch of bloodthirsty amazons you ever saw. God, they were frightening."

Edited by Imaginos1892

That is not how I imagined Nebo. I thought he was...fuller, and less of a hobo.

On 2017-5-19 at 0:26 AM, Nena Camadera said:

include one of Nebo and Mooney-ten points to whoever can figure out who Mooney was based off of.

That is so the alien-Queen from The Aliens...

On 2017-5-19 at 0:26 AM, Nena Camadera said:

I personally did not.  

Bad Nena...Baaaad...

Here's the juice of it..the part that got me thinking about SS.

"

While the evaluation process would emphasize safety — “We’re not cutting any corners,” Chitty said — any proposal to deploy pharmaceutical substances among special-operations troops is likely to draw scrutiny, especially in light of recent revelations about a what Capt. Jamie Sands, the commander of 900 Navy SEALs on the East Coast, called a “staggering” number of drug cases among Navy Special Operations units.

Three active and retired SEALs spoke to CBS in April, with their faces masked and voices disguised, telling the network that illicit drug use among SEAL units was increasing.

“People that we know of, that we hear about have tested positive for cocaine, methamphetamine, heroin, marijuana, ecstasy,” one of them said.

Another active-duty SEAL described by the CBS report tested positive once in the past for cocaine, and, during a new round of testing prompted by a drug-related safety stand-down in December, tested positive again for prescription drugs. He was being removed from SEAL teams.

While Navy SEALs are supposed to undergo regular drug tests, that doesn’t always apply when they are away from their home bases. As demand for SEALs in operations around the world has grown, they have spent an increasing amount of time deployed.

Three active-duty SEALs told CBS they hadn’t been tested in years. Sands, for his part, announced in December that SEALs would start undergoing tests while deployed.

While Chitty did not mention the frequency of operations — and the physical and emotional wear and tear related to it — as a reason for pursuing nutritional and pharmaceutical supplements, other special-operations officials have warned that their forces are being depleted by an overreliance on them."

Posted (edited)

36 minutes ago, Urd said:

That is so the alien-Queen from Aliens...

Dunno. Actually, it looks kinda...feathery. And the haunches look furry. And the tail — tail? Huh?

The exposition in Chapter 37 had me picturing something between Alien and the critter from Poltergeist.

And I still say Nebo looks like he's trying to find his ax.

———————————

He's a Lumberjack and he's OK...

Edited by Imaginos1892