SUPPORT: We're in the middle of the donation drive for the site. If you're able to help support our community by sending a donation to the site, please use the Paypal donation sidebar feature. Remember, your support helps keep us funded and allows us to provide our community with features such as an image hosting gallery, community forums and more.

Welcome to Goddess Relief Office

Welcome to Goddess Relief Office, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Goddess Relief Office by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create your own image gallery and upload images
  • Post status updates and much more

Nena Camadera

Scarred Survivors

1,330 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

27 minutes ago, Nena Camadera said:

I can answer this.

An angel's physical appearance generally won't change.  Given the fact that in this world, Nebo stated that the 'black feather mutation' was just that-a mutation, and one not affiliated with anything bad, the first thing you guys need to consider is that the heritage of the host may not equate to the appearance of the angel (unless you want to explore Peorth's rumors a bit more...).

So a random mutation, very rare, affected World of Elegance, and the fact that Urd is half-Goddess, half-demon is just a coincidence? I'm not calling bullshit, but I'm thinking it, I'm thinking it...

And the fact that World of Elegance's appearance is so appropriate to Urd's nature...

Something he has noted, however, is that the mutagen can appear on an angel if a foreign substance enters the angel in question.

Could Urd's half-demon nature be the source of such a foreign substance? It might not be what we on Midgard would think of as a substance.

EDIT: Damn it all... I'm going back and reading Fida's story and I need to make something clear.  Highway One/Ring Road is in Afghanistan, not Iraq.  When I was originally writing Fida's part I mistakenly had Fida from Afghanistan rather than Iraq (I religiously get the locations of where Kei met Urd mixed up with Fida's home) and only realized it at the last moment of change.  Ring Road somehow managed to slip past me so I wanted to make that error known right now.

OK, one more little change to Chapter 40. Iraq, Afghanistan, they're pretty close together, right? Easy mistake to make. :grin:

Why is Idi so opposed to changing a chapter after it's published? True, people would have to read it again to see the change, but isn't it worth it to have new readers see the correct version? I update chapters in my stories all the time when I find errors, think of details I want to add, or find better ways to express things.

20 minutes ago, Urd said:

Interesting. Didn't the demons wanted to inject some of peregrine's angels with some sort of substance at some point?

They said it was just to keep them from manifesting, so the Rabishu couldn't get to them. Of course, they were demons, so they could have been lying.

But now Nena says they weren't.

———————————

It’s reassuring to find that the world is crazier than you are.

Edited by Imaginos1892

Posted (edited)

8 hours ago, Imaginos1892 said:

So a random mutation, very rare, affected World of Elegance, and the fact that Urd is half-Goddess, half-demon is just a coincidence? I'm not calling bullshit, but I'm thinking it, I'm thinking it...

I'm thinking with you XD

Could Urd's half-demon nature be the source of such a foreign substance?

You mean, like drugging up urd and removing samples to create a substance to inject other angels with and spread the mutagen?  Or did i get this wrong?

Nena, i, for one, always mix up eastern countries, so i would never ever EVA have noticed the error.

In other news, there goes my mental image of belldandy crying in a corner, keeichi trying to confort her while aiko is trying to clean up holy bell's feather with a rag an dish soap XD

Edited by Urd

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, Urd said:

You mean, like drugging up Urd and removing samples to create a substance to inject other angels with and spread the mutagen?  Or did i get this wrong?

No, no, I mean when World of Elegance was born out of Urd's soul. I just don't buy that it's a coincidence.

1 hour ago, Urd said:

In other news, there goes my mental image of Belldandy crying in a corner, Keiichi trying to comfort her while Aiko is trying to clean up Holy Bell's feathers with a rag and dish soap XD

Aaaaggh! I see things when I read them, and now I can't un-see that. You'll just have to draw it!

By the way, dish soap would be a very bad idea. It would strip the oil off her feathers, leaving them both dried out and not waterproof.

Edited by Imaginos1892

18 minutes ago, Imaginos1892 said:

Aaaaggh! I see things when I read them, and now I can't un-see that. You'll just have to draw it!

Sadly won't be happening anytime soon. I'm buried in my woodworking project to the neck and i still have 2 SS themed draws to start/finish.

Posted (edited)

By the way, dish soap would be a very bad idea. It would strip the oil off her feathers, leaving them both dried out and not waterproof.

So? It's aiko we're talking about here. Not the best specimen of the human race after all ;)

It would either be that or paint thinner for her, i think XD

Edited by Urd

On ‎6‎/‎16‎/‎2017 at 5:48 PM, Imaginos1892 said:

Why is Idi so opposed to changing a chapter after it's published? True, people would have to read it again to see the change, but isn't it worth it to have new readers see the correct version? I update chapters in my stories all the time when I find errors, think of details I want to add, or find better ways to express things.

It's not that I am opposed, although I actually do find it annoying when authors start moving things around as you mention.  :blum:

Admittedly, part of it is a combination of being busy and lazy.  The other part is me wanting to look forward rather than back.  Nena and I struggle enough to keep up with the weekly releases, to constantly be looking backwards to fix errors that, for the most part, do not effect the story only adds to that.  R/L plays a huge role in this as well.  We are going to have to pause again coming up as I will be away for an entire week at Boy Scout summer camp with my troop. 

2 hours ago, IdiAmeanDada said:

It's not that I am opposed, although I actually do find it annoying when authors start moving things around as you mention.  :blum:

Well, I'm not going to stop making improvements when I think of them. Sometimes later parts of the story make me think of things I left out, or ways to make the whole story hang together better. I see any story as a work in progress until the last word is published. Maybe even after! :blushing:

2 hours ago, IdiAmeanDada said:

Admittedly, part of it is a combination of being busy and lazy.  The other part is me wanting to look forward rather than back.  Nena and I struggle enough to keep up with the weekly releases, to constantly be looking backwards to fix errors that, for the most part, do not affect the story only adds to that.

Hey, I've done most of the work. All that's left is to make the changes, copy to FanFiction.net and update the chapters. :biggrin:

———————————

You think you know pain? Try wearing a corset!

New chapter, which starts the first major story arc of this 'season' is up.  Also, depending on progress, I cannot promise we will get a chapter next week as I am heading off to Boy Scout camp starting next Sunday.  We will push to get the chapter published on July 1.  I leave the 2nd and come back the 8th.  So it will be either that we do not get a chapter done this weekend, or the following weekend.  There is also a real possibility, depending on what happens, that we may miss both weeks, but I find that unlikely.  The next chapter also may be a little on the longer side compared to the norm. 

First, let’s talk about the elephant in the cellblock. Nena and Idi have all but beat us over the head with clues that Stewie-the-perv has got a demon contract. This raises questions:

What demon is it? How far back does it go? What does Stewie do for the demon? Does anybody doubt that ‘rape Aiko again’ is on the short list?

Debra abandoned her claim. Now that Belldandy has found more gold there, she wants it back. No! Plus, she’s up against Belldandy, Urd and the System Force. This ain’t-a gonna end well.

Debra WILL go to Keiichi’s room tonight. If turned away, she will go back.

Keiichi should sleep with mini-Belldandy until they’re away from Debra. In fact, he should be with a mini-Belldandy whenever he’s not with full-size Belldandy.

Maybe Aiko and Megumi should travel with mini-Urds.
———————————

G'Kar: “Weep for the future, Na'Toth. Weep for us all.”

If Keiichi asks nicely, will Lind 'remove' a problem and leave no traces?

Or will Belldandy volunteer to 'clean up the problem'?

Posted (edited)

14 minutes ago, HotelKatz said:

If Keiichi asks nicely, will Lind 'remove' a problem and leave no traces?

Or will Belldandy volunteer to 'clean up the problem'?

There are all sorts of rules against interfering with mortals, precisely because it's so easy for them.

Nobody knows about Stewie-the-perv and the contract, and I don't see how they would find out. As far as they know, Stewie is just an ordinary mortal pervert. Belldandy was stuck with Aoshima for ten years and she didn't notice that contract.

If you mean Debra, shame on you! :tongue: She's being an annoying bitch, but that's going too far.

———————————

In this world there are people who build things up, and those that tear them down. I have zero regard for the second group.

Edited by Imaginos1892

For Debra, I expect more along the lines of "Whoops! I tripped and spilled my drink all over your dress!" from Belldandy.

Lind? Discreetly tripping Debra and making her look foolish.