NOTICE: Please be aware that the status update widget in the sidebar has been repaired, for those who have been unable to use it lately. This message can be dissolved by clicking the 'x' in the far right corner of this message.

Welcome to Goddess Relief Office

Welcome to Goddess Relief Office, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Goddess Relief Office by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create your own image gallery and upload images
  • Post status updates and much more

Hildson

Ah my Goddess/Teen titans crossover

18 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, HotelKatz said:

As for that idea, it kinda seems like Hild and the others from A!MG could easily be replaced by any other version of demons and gods from any other series.

And if a piece of Trigon wasthe Lord of Terror, then wouldn't Hild be quite antagonist towards Trigon? Sure, Hild might've ripped out Urd's angel, but that's because Urd is her daughter. Anyone else trying it gets a faceful of fire from Hild.

Besides, Welsper seems more likely to team up with Trigon, even somehow giving him access to Nidhogg, if it means Welsper will have Belldandy.

But doing that somehow feels like the new comics of He-man. Where Horde Prime possesses Orko, turning him into Dark Orko! And his first action was to then possess all of Orko's home planet, Trolla! And then fuse Skeletor with his Havok Staff!

From what I hear, the comic is hated by the fans of He-man. 

Well, my thought was that Hild might not know that it was him, and maybe that no one even really thought to go down deeper into the underworld because it was far too dangerous down there, so the demons in Niflheim might not have even met the ones in true hell, and might've even thought of them as mere legends. Until Trigon made his move to try to conquer earth by coming through his daughter. (Though I'm not sure how the almighty one and his gods and goddesses missed that happening down on earth, and didn't do anything about it, assuming this story I'm coming up with happens after Trigon was driven out of earth's dimension) anyway, after that happened, Hild might start getting suspicious, and might try to find him to find out more about him, and seek him out and then they make some kind of deal to conquer earth together (or maybe Welspar or Hagall could do it, whichever you think works) plus, Hild always did sorta want for her daughter to be more like her, and the lord of terror did help in that regard, didn't he? With his help, she could do anything, even conquer both earth and heaven!

I don't see how Trigon would give Welsper the time of day.  In my opinion, Hagall is still the better candidate. 

On ‎9‎/‎7‎/‎2016 at 8:02 AM, Hildson said:

(I have a lot of notes I've made on the subject if you want to look at them, and maybe some of them do deviate from what ah my goddess should be, this is a fan fiction, and I think it's okay to make some stuff up, don't you?)

I don't know that I would call it making stuff up.  More like taking your favorite characters and putting them into situations that the author would not have thought of.  My personal opinion, as narrow as it might be, is that you still have to stay true to the original character, at least in the beginning.  To do otherwise will make the character unbelievable.  That is why, in my opinion, Hild would not take part in such a plan.  In fact she would actively oppose it.  She has explicitly stated that the status quo needs to be maintained.  Having her suddenly become this bloodthirsty demoness bent on taking over the world is no more believable (to me) than the idea that Belldandy would be unfaithful to Keiichi.  Hagal on the other hand just wants to burn it all down.  In all honesty, she would be the most believable in this role. 

On September 10, 2016 at 1:08 AM, IdiAmeanDada said:

I don't see how Trigon would give Welsper the time of day.  In my opinion, Hagall is still the better candidate. 

I don't know that I would call it making stuff up.  More like taking your favorite characters and putting them into situations that the author would not have thought of.  My personal opinion, as narrow as it might be, is that you still have to stay true to the original character, at least in the beginning.  To do otherwise will make the character unbelievable.  That is why, in my opinion, Hild would not take part in such a plan.  In fact she would actively oppose it.  She has explicitly stated that the status quo needs to be maintained.  Having her suddenly become this bloodthirsty demoness bent on taking over the world is no more believable (to me) than the idea that Belldandy would be unfaithful to Keiichi.  Hagal on the other hand just wants to burn it all down.  In all honesty, she would be the most believable in this role. 

You may be right. Though I wouldn't be surprised if Trigon disposes of both Hild and Hagall when he gets what he wants, no doubt they'd both be trying to outwit the other throughout the story. Perhaps Trigon might promise the demons in Niflheim more than what Hild is giving them, and perhaps even place himself on her throne if he manages to defeat her somehow. Then, after that, maybe Hild might come to the norns and maybe the titans to help get her throne back from him (or someone might ask both groups to do that, perhaps Mara might come to them with that message.) you think that could make more sense?

Yes.  However, you do not need to defeat Hild, she is already sealed, at least her main body is.  Her 1000th avatar is still around, but you could say that he is more powerful.  So Tridon only meeds to defeat Hagall, and she is sitting in the throne room alone while her subordinates are dealing with K1 and the goddesses.  So she is vulnerable. 

Have you read the manga?  I have been wondering about that for a bit.   

18 hours ago, IdiAmeanDada said:

Yes.  However, you do not need to defeat Hild, she is already sealed, at least her main body is.  Her 1000th avatar is still around, but you could say that he is more powerful.  So Tridon only meeds to defeat Hagall, and she is sitting in the throne room alone while her subordinates are dealing with K1 and the goddesses.  So she is vulnerable. 

Have you read the manga?  I have been wondering about that for a bit.   

I actually haven't I'm sorry to say, I've only watched the anime. sorry to disappoint you… but wouldn't Hagall, after she'd been defeated, want revenge if she was still around, and get it if Trigon sought her out?

Alright, The Madwoman's going on a rant.  Here we go.

Go to the manga and at the very least read the Niflheim arc before asking any more questions about Hagall.  It's important that you understand her character, because IdiAmeanDada has a very good idea going for a plot that even I could see working as a crossover.  Hagall is a demon who ends up doing the impossible and seals Hild's main body, allowing her to effectively become the reigning 'Daimakaicho' in Hild's place.  However, because of the fact that a small avatar- that 1/1000 piece of her- is still on earth harassing her daughter and the rest of the cast, it could effectively mean an 'incomplete reign'.  If you go by that idea, its easy to see someone who's power hungry like Trigon take advantage of the playing field and stage a second coup that takes Hagall and Hild out of the game.  However, if you want to make it work, you 'need' to know Hagall's character, to include her allies and the motivation behind her actions, especially if you want the story to make sense from an 'AMG!' perspective.

That anime is okay, but it doesn't cover nearly the amount of actual content located within the manga, and so for source material it's sort of 'meh'.  Kind of like if you decided to just go with the Animated Teen Titans without dipping into the comics, and then trying to create an expansive world with only what you've seen from the cartoon series-there's no mention of how Slade is Deathstroke, it doesn't factor in Batman or the reasons behind the actual formation of the Teen Titans, doesn't go into the expansive DC universe, and doesn't cover the Justice League in the slightest-there isn't even a mention of it in the cartoon series, and you only see a small fraction of villains, some of which could be themed as a 'villain of the week' in much the same manner that the Ah my Goddess manga portrayed Mara. 

If you don't have an accurate understanding of the characters you're planning on imputing into the story, then they'll appear too out of character for anyone to enjoy or appreciate.  Knowing your characters and how they might react to various situations makes them real in a 'human' matter that's more enjoyable to read. The characters are more fleshed out and easier to relate to.  They aren't two-dimensional 'heros' or 'villiains' playing at the whims of a writer's keyboard.  They aren't OOC because they have reasons that back up their personality.  Urd's not all of a sudden going to stop drinking.  Raven isn't all of a sudden going to start expressing bountiful emotions and painting her room pink. Hild isn't going to sleep with just because he's powerful and Hagall may or may not seek out revenge because there was a coup of her coup. 

I know I'm coming across a little harsh, but from one writer to another I feel that you need to understand this if you're going to start writing a story, especially if it's a plot that could appear convoluted to anyone who's familiar with both series.  Know your characters before you know your plot, and the plot will come together on its own.  Research your characters on your own and find out their motivations, and most important of all, question yourself: Why does Trigon want to take over Earth if Niflheim and Asgard get a stock share based off the humans who live there? Why would he want to take over a higher dimensional plane?  Would Asgard step in to stop him? Would Asgard side with Niflheim to stop him? If you can answer the questions and the answers are in line with how the characters most likely would behave, then you've got yourself a story.  If you can't though, then the answer will return to the question of "Why?" 

Rant over.

With that, don't let what I've just said discourage you from asking questions.  Keep asking them, as you'll get a better understanding of the source material...but also do your own research as well.