Community Message: We're currently in the middle of our donation drive. For those willing to send a donation, we ask that you use the feature in the sidebar to send a donation. For those who send a donation, a donation badge will be featured in your profile next to every message you post. members can dismiss this message by clicking on the 'x' in the upper-right corner. Donations are used for hosting fees, license renewal for the forum software and domain name renewal.

vanagandr

Ah! My Gilded Cage

vanagandr    209
vanagandr

Back when the AMG manga was still running, I must admit that the whole Niflheim arc kind of intrigued me. There was a great potential for speculating what possible outcomes might’ve come out of that situation, and even as I worked on “Ah! The following day” several of those scenarios kind of popped into my mind. Of course, for more than obvious reasons, I chose to maintain the same lighthearted feel to my first and probably longest story, yet at the same time, I kind of wished to explore some of those scenarios in a very different kind of story.

Before anyone starts wondering, this isn’t my declaration of abandoning the lighthearted comedies I so much enjoy writing, since I don’t consider any form of style as inherently superior to another. However, I do feel that before starting yet another comedy series, I wanted to try writing something a lot more serious.

Naturally, this means that I must warn you that this story might contain some mild cases of coarse language, violence and even adult (in some cases even occasionally controversial) themes, so if you’re expecting the same thing as the majority of my other works, then you’re in for a surprise. I do however reassure you that I’m not going to throw anything too graphic in this story (with the potential exception of some action scenes -but then again, not beyond what’s depicted in popular media these days), so, there’s going to be a fine line on how far I’m willing to go. Still, this is probably the first of my stories that really deserves the M rating I’m giving it. In all other cases, that was just to play safe, but not here.

With that in mind, this is an AU story based on the manga, along with elements imported from my other stories (“Ah! the following day” in particular). And while knowledge of the manga is obviously necessary to avoid feeling lost in here, anything else isn’t really needed. I’m not expecting anyone to read the rest of my stories to figure out what’s going on, as I’ll address everything whenever I run onto them.

For those who might want to see something a bit different, I hope you’re going to enjoy this story.

Also, I should note that due to all the aforementioned topics, I'll avoid directly posting the chapters' contents here. However, I will provide a link to the work, and if anyone wishes, we can use this thread for feedback/discussion over them.

Chaprer 1: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12192050/1/Ah-My-Gilded-Cage 

grayfox123    139
grayfox123

Morning.

How is the Gilded cage fanfic coming along? It is really interesting, and I like the whole alternate view of the final arc of the manga.

vanagandr    209
vanagandr
9 hours ago, grayfox123 said:

Morning.

How is the Gilded cage fanfic coming along? It is really interesting, and I like the whole alternate view of the final arc of the manga.

It's almost done! I just need to give it another read to pick any leftover errors and I'll post it later this day :)

grayfox123    139
grayfox123
8 minutes ago, vanagandr said:

It's almost done! I just need to give it another read to pick any leftover errors and I'll post it later this day :)

Good to hear!

Urd    52
Urd

We demand more Urd in it!

XD

vanagandr    209
vanagandr
9 minutes ago, Urd said:

We demand more Urd in it!

XD

She's going to make an appearance on the next chapter! I just made this one long enough to stop there, but she'll return with something... interesting. (hint: she's going to have to interview her new employee at some point.)

grayfox123    139
grayfox123

Just read chapter 4. Nice chapter...with a very very scary Verðandi indeed. (grin)

(She was so scary there that I had to refer to her properly.Might have made a good demon. Lady Hild was on to something in the Angel Eater Arc....)

What i liked best about the chapter was Bel(oops sorry) Verðandi and Keiichi's conversation about relationships. It really sounded like something that could have come out from the actual manga. 

Looking forward to the next chapter of this fanfic...and all your other incomplete fanfics.

vanagandr    209
vanagandr
10 hours ago, grayfox123 said:

Just read chapter 4. Nice chapter...with a very very scary Verðandi indeed. (grin)

(She was so scary there that I had to refer to her properly.Might have made a good demon. Lady Hild was on to something in the Angel Eater Arc....)

What i liked best about the chapter was Bel(oops sorry) Verðandi and Keiichi's conversation about relationships. It really sounded like something that could have come out from the actual manga. 

Looking forward to the next chapter of this fanfic...and all your other incomplete fanfics.

I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed the chapter. I was kind of worried that it would've come out a bit disappointing for not going too far with Keiichi and Belldandy's date, although it was mostly meant as an early introduction between them. The whole discussion about relationships was also part of what I needed them to consider, and in Belldandy's case, it also acted as an opportunity to think about her ideas for possible wishes she wanted to grant for Keiichi.

Now, if we accept the late manga's story of Belldandy spying on Keiichi for who knows how long (which is what I'm doing in this story)... then it's inevitable that she must've some ideas on how to change Keiichi's life with a wish. Of course we all know what Keiichi wished for in the series, but that was a bit of an unusual wish, so I doubt that she would've  thought of something like that. Still, it's obvious that she did try to ask him in an indirect manner and it looks like the most typical things (money, successful career etc...) isn't going to work. 

As for Belldandy's reaction to Aoshima's threats, then yes, she's quite scary when someone threatens Keiichi. In the manga she punched Thrym a couple of times and as a demoness... it's only bound to get worse.

Oh, and don't mind a few curveballs that I'll throw in this story. After all, it won't be fun if I take the most obvious path towards the endgame, so I hope you'll enjoy the rest of the story as well.

grayfox123    139
grayfox123

A new month,  a new chapter.......