NOTICE: Please be aware that the status update widget in the sidebar has been repaired, for those who have been unable to use it lately. This message can be dissolved by clicking the 'x' in the far right corner of this message.

Welcome to Goddess Relief Office

Welcome to Goddess Relief Office, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Goddess Relief Office by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create your own image gallery and upload images
  • Post status updates and much more

vanagandr

Ah! My Gilded Cage

26 posts in this topic

Yes, I'm actively working on that (along with the rest of my stories). Currently, I've got nearly half of the chapter done, but I need more to call it ready and then give it a read or two and find any issues there might be left in there. 

Nice chapter.

If you're not careful, you might wind up creating more chemistry with Keiichi and Skuld than Keiichi and Belldandy.

Not that that's a bad thing. Could be fun to have the competitive fights happen between Skuld and Belldandy, rather than Skuld and Urd.

Thanks, Katz :) 

I'm fully aware of that possibility, and that's partially why Skuld isn't a real adult here (despite having the ability to assume her adult form). Unlike the anime special, Skuld's mind is more or less unaffected by her current state and won't go after Keiichi for no particular reason. Of course their dynamic won't be the same as in the actual series, since Skuld's role here is the opposite of what she's trying to do in the early manga/anime. 

Actually, Skuld and Belldandy's relationship will change quite a bit, at least compared to the actual series (and even some of my other stories). By assuming the role of the "responsible goddess" in her big sister's absence, Skuld won't be the little kid anymore, at least not when it comes to the responsibilities she's going to assume. As a result, Skuld will begin to see her sister slightly differently, and vice versa. 

There might be some competitiveness, but not to the point where I'll accidentally get into anything too squeaky. 

Ohh, Aoshima gonna have some scars now?

Sort of. If you mean having his elbow ripped open by a 7.62 NATO...  then, yes. And given that this happened in the middle of the city, the demons won't be able to fix that after he's submitted to hospital (for the second time in a day). So, the best humans will do for him will leave him far from 100% Gonna keep the pretenses, so, no miraculous recovery for him. 

Ahh, couldn't happen to a nicer guy.

Nice chapter.

About what I had mentioned in the last post, it wasn't about Skuld and Keiichi forming a romantic relationship. It was more along the lines of 'Keiichi is in love with Belldandy, but gets along best with Skuld.' type of thing.

Let's face it, in canon, Belldandy is both his girlfriend and best friend.

In this story, I can see Skuld becoming the one that Keiichi feels comfortable the most with about talking about other-worldly matters. He'll still be dating Belldandy, though.

Thanks Katz! Glad you liked the chapter!

Well, from that perspective, I suppose that's indeed true. Romantic relationships aside, Skuld is the only goddess who actually shares most of Keiichi's interests. Of course there will be some ups and downs (as it will become apparent in the next chapter), but for the most part, the only friend Keiichi will have in this story is Skuld, with Belldandy being his girlfriend. He will meet some of the other immortals too (like Peorth for instance; and I'm not talking about their first meeting), but due to the current circumstances, Skuld will be the one he spends most of his time with (Belldandy being the next one on the list).

Honestly, I've always felt that a mature Skuld is a better match than Belldandy because of their common interests. 

12 hours ago, IdiAmeanDada said:

Honestly, I've always felt that a mature Skuld is a better match than Belldandy because of their common interests. 

In some ways, I think that this is indeed correct. A fully grown and mature Skuld could under the right circumstances bond with Keiichi even more than some other goddesses. They do share some common interests in mechanics, which is more than he shares with anyone else (except the fact that Belldandy is in racing too; albeit that's something mentioned way later in the series). 

There is one catch though. Skuld is far from humble. If we take her whole introduction to Megumi, she doesn't like others to question her design decisions and if (under any circumstances) Keiichi were to meet her first and had a chance to date her, it would've put him in the position where he'd have to agree with her on most things. Now, this might be a bit of a harsh outlook to the whole situation, and it's entirely possible that given the right context, she would've made some concessions for someone she cares for (rather than make her ego as a priority) in order to reach a compromise. Still, it's going to be hard for Skuld to set aside her own skills and knowledge to rely on Keiichi's far more limited skillset (providing that as an adult, Skuld would most certainly possess a lot more experience than her current version in canon). 

That's probably one of Belldandy's strongest points: to let Keiichi take the lead in many situations, and only step in whenever it's absolutely necessary. Even Urd could accomplish that, but only if she takes a much more laid out attitude on a relationship to avoid dominating a mortal. Skuld... well, it's going to be much more of a challenge for her to accomplish such a thing. Not impossible though, just difficult. 

However, as Keiichi's friend, Skuld has the best potential amongst all other goddesses. I was actually surprised how much the series avoided to have her show up in the Motor Club or later on, at Whirlwind. Sure, the machines Keiichi's making are pretty mundane compared to hers, but it's much better than being on her own. Now, there were a few instances, yet nowhere as much as it could've been.