SUPPORT: We're in the middle of the donation drive for the site. If you're able to help support our community by sending a donation to the site, please use the Paypal donation sidebar feature. Remember, your support helps keep us funded and allows us to provide our community with features such as an image hosting gallery, community forums and more.

Welcome to Goddess Relief Office

Welcome to Goddess Relief Office, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Goddess Relief Office by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create your own image gallery and upload images
  • Post status updates and much more

vanagandr

Ah! My Gilded Cage

47 posts in this topic

48 minutes ago, vanagandr said:

There is one catch though. Skuld is far from humble. If we take her whole introduction to Megumi, she doesn't like others to question her design decisions and if (under any circumstances) Keiichi were to meet her first and had a chance to date her, it would've put him in the position where he'd have to agree with her on most things. Now, this might be a bit of a harsh outlook to the whole situation, and it's entirely possible that given the right context, she would've made some concessions for someone she cares for (rather than make her ego as a priority) in order to reach a compromise. Still, it's going to be hard for Skuld to set aside her own skills and knowledge to rely on Keiichi's far more limited skillset (providing that as an adult, Skuld would most certainly possess a lot more experience than her current version in canon). 

I always feel (hope) that with maturity comes humility.  The hope being that mature Skuld would not react the same way (like electrocuting Megumi after pretending to be a good loser during the robot battle).  We can always dream.  In fact, that whole battle came about, as I recall, because Megumi basically took apart the ideas for her upgrades to Keiichi's bike because of her own better experience with that subject.  Mature Skuld may have realized her folly and the following robot battle may never have happened. 

6 minutes ago, IdiAmeanDada said:

I always feel (hope) that with maturity comes humility.  The hope being that mature Skuld would not react the same way (like electrocuting Megumi after pretending to be a good loser during the robot battle).  We can always dream.  In fact, that whole battle came about, as I recall, because Megumi basically took apart the ideas for her upgrades to Keiichi's bike because of her own better experience with that subject.  Mature Skuld may have realized her folly and the following robot battle may never have happened. 

Maturity is something relative when it comes to immortals, but I must agree that there's no way for Skuld to act like that if she was older. What I meant was that Skuld would be less likely to stand in the background, like Belldandy does (which is sometimes mistaken by the fans as being too passive). Then again, it's not an absolute necessity for her to act like that around someone she likes, so it's entirely possible for her to get along with Keiichi even in that context.

If there is one thing I will always love about OMG fics, is that Bell and Keiichi always somehow find a way to be together regardless of the circumstances.

Really like this fic, along with The Following Day.

Really looking forward for more.

Thank you very much for the kind words! I do enjoy writing these kind of scenarios, as it allows me to explore different things that would've otherwise been impossible if I kept strictly to canon AMG. 

I may be a bit busier these days, compared to when I first started writing these stories, but I do my best to at least get a chapter out every month. So, no worries, I'll keep them coming.

Ansuz and Skuld's interaction was the best part in the chapter in my eyes.

Thanks Katz! I thought that something like that would be interesting, and in reality it was based on a single panel from the manga (where Ansuz takes a closer look at Keiichi). And considering that Skuld is a bit more aggressive (and mature in way) compared to canon, the end result was that scene with their argument. 

It was rather humorous.  Still, wondering how you are going to get him out of his little issue Skuld put him in. 

I suppose with Urd being the Daimakaicho's deputy, this little problem will be resolved in a while, especially after she arrives on site to check what's going on... as well as yank some people's chains. And while this isn't the only story where I have her as a demoness, this will be the first where she honestly acts like one. 

Thanks for posting. :thumbsup: