Community Message: We're currently in the middle of our donation drive. For those willing to send a donation, we ask that you use the feature in the sidebar to send a donation. For those who send a donation, a donation badge will be featured in your profile next to every message you post. members can dismiss this message by clicking on the 'x' in the upper-right corner. Donations are used for hosting fees, license renewal for the forum software and domain name renewal.

Goddess Relief Office
Sign in to follow this  
ehbowen

Hello from The Loco Engineer...

ehbowen    6
ehbowen

My name is Eric Bowen. Yes, that's my real name; I have never concealed my identity online, going back to the days of BBSs and CompuServe. I realize that there are very real risks to this; I accept the risks.

I cut my teeth (literally) on Astro Boy more than fifty years ago, and was a big fan of Speed Racer and the classic Looney Tunes as I was growing up (and I own all six of the Looney Tunes Golden Collection DVD sets....), as well as of the Disney classic and Renaissance features. I actually encountered Oh My Goddess! in the video store more than twenty years ago and was intrigued; however with the title and jacket descriptions ("...put the moves on....") I thought it might be too racy for my decidedly G/PG tastes. However, about seven years back Anime Works and Funimation put several of the episodes up on Hulu for viewing, gratis. I watched them...and then watched the entire series. I don't suppose I have to tell this audience why....

Since then I have purchased virtually everything OMG/AMG related which is available in the English language, including all of the Dark Horse manga volumes, the Colors book, the OVA series and the DVDs of both AMG season 1 and Flights of Fancy. I am an unabashed fan of the series; the characters as Fujishima portrays them are the kind of people I would like to have as friends. I might even be attracted to Belldandy, were it not that my heart is already captive to another goddess....

vanagandr    203
vanagandr

Welcome to the forum! We're always happy to have another AMG fan here! 

Feel free to take a look around and don't be afraid to participate in any thread. We don't discourage members to bring back old posts, so feel free to check everything you might like!

gdata1954    14
gdata1954

welcome

Keiichi Morisato    418
Keiichi Morisato

Most definitely. Welcome to our community. I was introduced to this series by way of a local comic shop owner who knew I collected and read Japanese manga. Purchasing Oh My Goddess Part II #1 (this was back when Dark Horse Comics was publishing the manga as a monthly comic book series), I fell in love with the series, snagged the six issues from the first six issues of the first series, and the rest is history. I've been collecting and reading the series since 1994. I've even managed to convince a friend to read the series, although he had never before but he was a fan of You're Under Arrest. This is why I created this website and this community and we've been here since April 2004 and it's due to the support of our members as to why we're still here, where all of the other Oh My Goddess communities have shut down. This is because our community supports us and I'm very thankful for that.