NOTICE: Please be aware that the status update widget in the sidebar has been repaired, for those who have been unable to use it lately. This message can be dissolved by clicking the 'x' in the far right corner of this message.

Welcome to Goddess Relief Office

Welcome to Goddess Relief Office, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Goddess Relief Office by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create your own image gallery and upload images
  • Post status updates and much more

winedrinkingcritic

Bad Goddess: The Complete Series

25 posts in this topic

He's everybody's favorite public access time lord... !!! :biggrin:

Interesting. I never stopped to think about all the voice actresses that have played these characters. I just associate Eileen Stevens with the role the most.

GAAAHH!!! URD'S PLAYED BY A BUNCH OF WHITE WOMEN!!! AND THE BOTTOM ONE LOOKS LIKE MERYL STREEP!!!

Son of a bitch. Behelit- 89 doesn't have a video posted for Skuld. Dammit.

This was in response to the story, You Never Go Full Meta. If you haven't read it yet, here's the link:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1HsiXSkLAefLIsdSA4PxEqJymB5EVcVuDTMbij1YZotw/edit

You Never Go Full Meta.jpg

That does it, that does it. I'm done with this f**king series once and for all. If you think the plot of the first movie where Keiichi dies from a sex injury is too outlandish, consider for a moment that it almost just happened to me last night. I strained myself in bed so hard that I felt every muscle in my brain cramp up and I was in pure agony for 20 minutes. I thought maybe I'd popped a blood vessel or something. I haven't had an incident like that happen in 15 years, yet within no less than three months of writing the first story in this series, I've almost been killed five times. I'm done here.

Edited by winedrinkingcritic

One of the joke references in Bad Goddess is to a film called Emperor of the North Pole, where a depression era hobo Lee Marvin rides Ernest Borgnine's train for free to it's destination at the risk of his life for a silly title. Currently, my Zombie Life TV boss Eddie Rotten is attempting the stunt, riding on the roof of a train out of state, and then he's hitching a ride back home. All I can think is... holy shit, somebody actually went out and did it... and he's my boss... :blink:

Eddie Rotten is the Emperor of the North Pole

Eddie Rotten is the Emperor of the North Pole.jpg

Rest in Peace Bill Paxton... man if you had seen the Oscars tonight when they announced Best Picture, you would be rolling in your grave...

Bill Paxton RIP.jpg

Today, I have just come face to face with the greatest existential threat the Bad Goddess universe has ever seen... an anime show called Angel Tales.

Christf**k, it's like the Cheapskate K-Mart Go-bot version of Oh My Goddess. I should write a crossover story about that.

Angel Tales.jpg

I haven't actually had a chance to watch the TV series HELLSING, but looking it up on Wikipedia, I've noticed something interesting about it. In Bad Goddess, Dr What is a former demon who changed his license and identity to try and change his life. In Hellsing, Alucard is a former villain (Dracula) who after having been defeated by Van Helsing, pledged his servitude and changed his identity to hunt vampires. Interesting parallel there. Perhaps that reveal is what might've stopped Alucard from murdering Dr What at the end of the story... hmm...

Living proof that we had director Frank Oz on our show yesterday. I recall watching Little Shop of Horrors over 100 times on vhs when I was a kid, and then hunting everywhere for that recalled dvd for years, and finally when the Directors Cut was released on dvd, it was finally worth it. So fun story, he shows up, walks into the production booth, shakes everyones hands and asks us our names, then joyfully blurts out "well what do you know, it's a f**kin' control room"... five seconds later, it dawns on you that the voice of cookie monster just said the f-word. :biggrin:

Frank Oz.jpg

Posted (edited)

So, there's a movie being released this week, called THE BELKO EXPERIMENT, and, I just got back from it. So shout out to James Gunn and Greg McLean.... unfortunately, for the small handful of people that actually took the time to read this short lived fan fiction series, there's now a white elephant in the room. Basically... the villain in THE BELKO EXPERIMENT is the closest I'll ever come to seeing 'The Gremlin' character from Assault on Yggdrasil onscreen. Yeah, they're very similar. I'm not accusing anybody, I'm here to clear things up. I wrote Assault on Yggdrasil in early December 2016. James Gunn's movie came out in March 2017, just three/four months later. Due to the nature of filmmaking, that would mean that his story had to have been written and copyrighted years beforehand. So there's no dispute that his came first. The dispute I'm making is... I DID NOT RIP HIM OFF EITHER. I had no knowledge of what James Gunn's movie was about until a week before it's release. I knew he had a movie in the works called The Belko Experiment, and that's it. I didn't even know it was a ripoff of Battle Royale. And the voice on the overhead villain played by Gregg Henry, well, that basically is what my villain is in the Bad Goddess series... an ominous voice coming out over speakers raining death and destruction upon humanity. I suppose if this had been an actual produced episode of Oh My Goddess, then you would have to cast Gregg Henry in the role as The Gremlin now as an acknowledgment to James Gunn/Greg McLean's movie.

I will point out one very important detail before I go. James Gunn's plot is, in fact, a blatant ripoff of Office Space and Battle Royale, and mine is not, I tried to be more original than that. I do not have The Gremlin ordering Goddess HQ to senselessly kill each other off with explosives planted in everyone's necks. I genuinely tried to write what I thought was a good original Oh My Goddess/Dr Who mashup episode, and beyond the foul language, I would not describe that episode as gory horror, more like offbeat comedy action adventure thriller, that acknowledged that humanity's introduction to the Goddess Race might lead a small ignorant faction of the population to theorize that their control over Planet Earth, was in reality, an Alien Invasion/Occupation, and that a terrorist group might fight back someday.

So, go check out THE BELKO EXPERIMENT, cause once again, that's the closest you'll ever get to seeing The Gremlin character onscreen, but more than that, it's just a flat out great movie. Here's the trailer:

Gregg Henry IMDB:

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001344/?ref_=tt_cl_t12

Bad Goddess Assault on Yggdrasil:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1x9Vdzt43dRKVYropV0aoqxCUOQmEJyWIASD6Biig-DE/edit

As long as we're on the subject of the villain, The Gremlin, I did a revisit of The Keys of Marinus Serial (He appears in two of the chapters). I still think this is an interesting serial. I spent the whole series setting it up in the fact that, everyone complains about my inability to complete a story, so no one has faith in my ability to handle a five part serial. It pays off a lot of the prior stories in the series, it takes you places where Oh My Goddess could never go. How far back was I setting this up? It started by introducing the villain in Assault on Yggdrasil. And the villains intention to murder God.

Bad Goddess Assault on Yggdrasil:

Goddess Central finds itself the victim of an Individual Me attack when a cyber terrorist calling himself The Gremlin hacks The Almighty's clearance level and booby-traps the compound with some of Skuld's most dangerous inventions. Lind, the Valkyries, and Dr What have less than an hour to survive a wave of attacks and find their way to the center of a deadly teleporter door maze before The Gremlin releases the Anti Gravity locks and drops Yggdrasil out of the sky. Kind of requires suspension of disbelief. I don't know the layout of the compound or how it works. Also, the Goddesses can shift through walls, yet nobody tries to escape because no one is allowed to abandon ship at the risk of reality being destroyed.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1x9Vdzt43dRKVYropV0aoqxCUOQmEJyWIASD6Biig-DE/edit

Then the first mention of the Keys of Marinus idea was in the opening chapter of the two part storyline Evangelion Must Die (the second part is The Girl Meets World Sequel).

Bad Goddess Evangelion Must Die:

The Goddesses have decided that Dr What's cameo roles are never going to go away, and in order to prove himself as a new full time cast member, request that he travel back in time and assassinate the creators of Evangelion so that their animation staff won't be stolen out from underneath them and they can finally have an Oh My Goddess Season Three. An amusing dialogue exchange short story that sets up the next episode. 

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1S5bESI8b1D5QlXIpemeCo8gCovIU1Lp6OCXxRHu-qIA/edit

After the first "season" had ended, I took the meta aspect one step further with the stories Season Two the Pilot and You Never Go Full Meta:

Bad Goddess Season Two: The Pilot

Kevin from the other Dimension is finally ready to pass the torch on the series and move on with his new job... but unfortunately, he's gained a small following of Cosplayer Psychos who demand he write Season Two at gunpoint. Meanwhile in Goddess World, Keiichi and the Goddesses try to think of a way to help him out of his predicament and save his life. While Evangelion Must Die set up the Meta nature of this series, this mind warping experiment in storytelling takes Meta up to an art form and the series gets progressively crazier and crazier from this point out. We have officially passed the point of no return.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1L253CjcKokVRkMcfCZ7x0qFCHswmCtme1SRYQOsvoCo/edit

Bad Goddess You Never Go Full Meta

Kevin from the other Dimension has officially gone full meta, and it's driving all of the OMG characters up the wall. This story sets up an interesting second layer in the series. The Goddesses, having been managed by the best for decades, are self aware that they find themselves in the hands of someone that has been changing their own personal natures and they're not so sure that they like the idea. Humanity has always been in inner conflict with God, who controls all fate and reality. Now, due to the nature of the storytelling process, the Goddesses finds themselves in inner conflict with a Man that controls everything they say and do, and they don't have the nicest things to say about it.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1HsiXSkLAefLIsdSA4PxEqJymB5EVcVuDTMbij1YZotw/edit

I then created the relationship set up between Dr What and Sayoko in The Joy of Love Hate Lovin':

Bad Goddess The Joy of Love Hate Lovin

The Goddess Gang conclude that ever since Keiichi has gotten over the sex problem, they've had an empty hole in their lives. They need a new patsy to meddle in his love life. They also decide to engage in a contest to see who can bed Dr What. The winner will be crowned Empress of the North Pole, until she is dethroned. Meanwhile, Sayoko is the only one not engaging in this contest. She just likes him for his conversation.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1npogQ1imlGv2tsC-6o-Z7bz_hJ0SEJVRZRRETWxu6fg/edit

All of these created the setup premise in the audiences mind for what I was about to make. The Keys of Marinus serial (so nicknamed from a classic planet hopping Dr Who serial starring William Hartnell) is thematically about the brainstorming process that goes into storytelling, and how the epic expectations of what you want to make, don't always match up to the writing ability of what you're able to make. Kevin the writer from the other Dimension, once again has to write this story with a metaphorical gun pointed at his head (just as in Season Two The Pilot), but lacks the experience, preparation work, and ability to write a proper serial, and thus, is forced to search within himself to the inner workings of his soul to discuss the things that are on his mind, simply to keep the story going to his conclusion. The Gremlin returned for two chapters during this serial. In Assault on Yggdrasil, The Gremlin's intention is to murder God. In The Keys of Marinus Serial, the Gremlin realizes that the God he tried to murder in Assault on Yggdrasil was actually being controlled by a higher power himself, the writer from the other dimension that makes Bad Goddess (as addressed in You Never Go Full Meta), and thus sets out to escape the boundaries of the story to murder the real creator of the existence that he lives in. The story also features an allegory tale in the chapter I Tried to Discover, which paired together with What is the Meaning of All This, creates a backstory for the writer's life.

Bad Goddess The Keys of Marinus Serial

Dr What, Urd, Natsumi, and Otaki set out on a Planet Hopping quest of adventure and excitement to find the Lost Cast Members of You're Under Arrest... for no other reason than so they can get their twitter handles and stay in touch. Experiments with the foundations of storytelling set forth in the Season Two Pilot Episode.

1) Dr What Has Lost His Voice (Prologue and Chapter Two)

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Wg-Ya51fW4EmOHvUC3TcUeC3hmjUNMZ1ClpUAW3T-p8/edit

2) The Reboot (Chapter Three)

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1mTSzUMQTa4wSIXiPCzh0jloLalfUWBcuagmAi8GzeNM/edit

3) Does Banpei Dream of Electric Sheep (Chapter Four)

https://docs.google.com/document/d/12xWbwj26PnfXhvyu4yMZ3HH4E3HXdrnbPq8Euqm-rhg/edit

4) I Tried to Discover (Chapter Five)

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1DtFz9BTjm8p9LwAiWyyfKcHCPAPD0f5vO1CG8DHJXbE/edit

5) Planet of the Valkyries (Chapter Six)

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1LireXhhno29rV-Sg56xjJe_FhRkZL1LZOLksTTp3OCc/edit

6) Hot Off The Press (Epilogue)

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1cJRTKoflns65B0Eiecw-8MH4C0NS3CF6iR6iaeKeaiQ/edit

Now take the love story in I Tried to Discover, and pair it with the following two stories: Keiichi's Fight Club Divorce Story AND Kevin from the Other Dimension's Theater Story in What is the Meaning of All This:

The First Rule of Bad Goddess is You Do Not Talk About Bad Goddess

Keiichi Morisato amusingly has an old score to settle with a certain infamous David Fincher movie. Now why would that be? I feel like this is the opening Meta setup for a greater serial storyline where as this universe progresses, Keiichi's backstories that may have fit Fujishima's life mysteriously change over to mine without the OMG characters noticing at first, then when they become self aware that their backstories are being erased and changed because of the different writer controlling the show, it becomes an issue that they must somehow address and fix. None of what I've just said is in this actual story, but that's the setup I was thinking of when I wrote it.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1J397pBbYJbcLGFF3cLrOzW3c-HIFv_yLFnN5o29bk4A/edit?usp=sharing

Bad Goddess What is the Meaning of All This:

A somewhat Q&A with where the fan fiction series writer, Kevin from the other Dimension, attempts to explain the origins and reasoning that went into this series, and it's offensively outspoken nature. As a side note, during this series, Kevin from the other Dimension's slice of life stories are based on true stories, because sometimes real life can be stranger than fiction. The writer believes that he's said everything he's had to say, little realizing that this is just the beginning.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/17C3KdWqCXyJWFVyZptnAcZ9wt2jqkRj_CEycLUdd6xs/edit

And now with all of the prior stories you have just read... complete the story with The Bad Goddess Who Fell to Earth:

The Bad Goddess Who Fell to Earth:

After celebrating her Birthday at a disappointing BeniHana's restaurant, Skuld's depression with being immortally trapped in the form and mindset of a child comes to a head, leading her to take a walk into oncoming traffic. Saved at the last minute, Dr What tries to set her on a different path and convinces her to follow her passion and finally get all of her engineering work out there for the public. Taking inspiration from the David Bowie movie The Man Who Fell to Earth (one of the few people Skuld identifies with for various reasons), she sets out conning the Pawn Shop circuit with fabricated copies of Keiichi's wedding ring and raises the money for a Patent Lawyer. What are Skuld's plans for her newfound wealth... is it to save her home planet... is it to bring peace love and understanding to humanity... hell no... she's going to open the craziest family restaurant franchise of all time, Casa De La Skuld, a combination of BeniHanas, Chuck E Cheese, and... Pole Dancing? Skuld's request for Ukrainian Pole Dancers (that she's seen on Talent Show television) leads to some confusion causing everyone to believe that she's lost her mind intent on opening up the world's craziest Burlesque Club. But the Board Members love it.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1zYHvLHa6C-uZmqAD1TWJGWZa-bZ4qzYUXkULaQ402Bs/edit

So it looked like I didn't know where I was going, which is partially true, but in a way, it does sort of all tie together through the Keys of Marinus Serial. I would say that's a fully rounded out story. I would say this series is finished.