NOTICE: Please be aware that the status update widget in the sidebar has been repaired, for those who have been unable to use it lately. This message can be dissolved by clicking the 'x' in the far right corner of this message.

Welcome to Goddess Relief Office

Welcome to Goddess Relief Office, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Goddess Relief Office by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create your own image gallery and upload images
  • Post status updates and much more

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
HotelKatz

March's Manly Movie Month

19 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, HotelKatz said:

Munich, and Changeling.

Those 2 we've watched already.

Spotlight not, yet.

Let's see...

On Wednesday, we watched For a few dollars more. We liked it. No complaints.

On Thursday we watched Rambo First blood part 2. Kinda see where the series really diverted from the first movie. Did a little gag when Trautman appeared at the prison yard and asked Rambo. We paused the movie and did a little skit where Rambo said no, but Trautman said "John, the movie won't begin unless you say yes." Watch the AVGN review on the Rambo NES game to find out why we did that.

On Friday, we watched Raiders of the lost ark. We enjoyed it, even wore some Indiana Jones fedoras I bought a few years back while we watched it.

On Sunday, we watched Masters of the Universe. We had some He-man swords I bought some years back for a few costumes to hold up whenever He-man held his sword up.

Posted (edited)

When thinking of Manly Movies, the first one that comes to mind is Stalag 17. Patton, The Longest Day and The Great Escape are some other contenders.

On 3/18/2017 at 7:58 AM, HotelKatz said:

Thursday, we watched Soldier. The one that is set in the Blade Runner universe.

The one with Kurt Russell? It's set in a dark and gritty universe, but I don't think it has anything to do with Blade Runner.

On 3/11/2017 at 9:48 AM, HotelKatz said:

My sister was mock-disappointed that were was no songs about painting wagons.

Paint Your Wagon is a hoot and a half, and the line "Paint your wagon" is repeated several times in the song I Am On My Way.

Ben: "You a doctor?"

Settler: "Horse doctor, but bones is bones."

Edited by Imaginos1892

Well, we tried to watch True Crime. My sister counted it as a Manly movie because Clint Eastwood was in it. After ten minutes, I talked my siblings into watching something else because the True Crime movie felt... cookie-cutter-ish in its plot. That isn't always a bad thing, but it felt like Eastwood wanted to try his hand at a crime drama during the awkward transition between the 90's and the 00's, where a lot of movies and stories were on the 'miss' side of the hit and miss scale.

So we watched Escape from LA. Arguably, it's more cookie-cutter-ish, very juvenile, and tries to hide it with lousy CGI. However, we're fans of Snake Plissken.

So... Maybe we might give True Crime another chance down the line, should we do a crime drama month.

22 hours ago, HotelKatz said:

Well, we tried to watch True Crime. My sister counted it as a Manly movie because Clint Eastwood was in it. After ten minutes, I talked my siblings into watching something else because the True Crime movie felt... cookie-cutter-ish in its plot. That isn't always a bad thing, but it felt like Eastwood wanted to try his hand at a crime drama during the awkward transition between the 90's and the 00's, where a lot of movies and stories were on the 'miss' side of the hit and miss scale.

So we watched Escape from LA. Arguably, it's more cookie-cutter-ish, very juvenile, and tries to hide it with lousy CGI. However, we're fans of Snake Plissken.

So... Maybe we might give True Crime another chance down the line, should we do a crime drama month.

to live and in die in LA is a good crime drama movie for that month

On Friday, we watched The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly.

Honestly, it was so good, I'm glad I watched it now that I appreciate westerns more.

As I said before, Here's the pic of my siblings and before March started. From Left to Right, it's my sister, myself, and my brother.

IMG_20170302_194955.jpg

And here is the one we just took. Same order. My sister, myself, and my brother.

IMG_20170401_222034.jpg