Community Message: We're currently in the middle of our donation drive. For those willing to send a donation, we ask that you use the feature in the sidebar to send a donation. For those who send a donation, a donation badge will be featured in your profile next to every message you post. members can dismiss this message by clicking on the 'x' in the upper-right corner. Donations are used for hosting fees, license renewal for the forum software and domain name renewal.

Goddess Relief Office
Sign in to follow this  
solopy567

Oath of Flowers (OMG/Fate series crossover)

solopy567    23
solopy567
Posted (edited)

Hey guys, I began to write this thing. I posted the second chapter just today.

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12416539/1/Oath-of-Flowers

I'll truly appreciate any feedback you have about the story, and of course you can use this thread to discuss it as you see fit.

Hopefully you will enjoy what I have written so far and will enjoy what is to come.

Edited by solopy567

vanagandr    201
vanagandr

So far I've only read the first chapter, as I just noticed that you've uploaded the second one a few hours ago. I must admit that my knowledge of the Fate series is fairly limited, so, I'm bound to miss a lot of references here and there.

But with that being said, Archer is a pretty fitting choice of a character to throw into the mix, both in terms of personality, but also potential background. Although this might depend on which version of the nasuverse you're using (I know it's listed as an AMG/Fate stay night, but it could be a mix of various elements from other instalments too. 

I'll give the second chapter a proper look as soon as I can.

Edit: Alright, I've managed to read it. I do like the fact that you spent a chapter to offer some basic explanation of the setting of this crossover. 

I was kind of expecting for Archer to be Shirou, which seems to be the case so far (unless I'm misreading this). Also I'm sort of waiting for Skuld to realize that he's technically speaking a ghost (well not quite, but the closest thing to one). 

And I won't lie, but I was kind of chuckling when I got to the point where I saw Sagittarius A* being mentioned. 

solopy567    23
solopy567

Chapter 3 posted. 

solopy567    23
solopy567

Chapter 4 posted.

solopy567    23
solopy567

Chapter 5 posted.

solopy567    23
solopy567

Chapter 6 posted.

solopy567    23
solopy567

Chapter 7 posted.

solopy567    23
solopy567

Chapter 8 posted.

vanagandr    201
vanagandr

Something I forgot to mention in my review is that I couldn't help but find Skidbladnir's reference amusing. ;)

solopy567    23
solopy567

Hahahaha yeah. I was actually looking up famous Norse ships to use, and came upon that one. Then I remembered you used it too so it really was kind of amusing how that turned out.

vanagandr    201
vanagandr

That was an excellent choice, as it's the finest of ships. Skidbladnir (means "assembled from tiny pieces of wood") was described as Freyr's ship, that the sons of Ivaldi created under Odin's request and possessed the unusual ability to fold into a pocket sized package. And it was still large enough when deployed to carry all the gods with their wargear, and furthermore when its sail is hoisted it always finds good wind. However, the biggest of them all was Naglfrar ("nail ship"), which is owned by Muspell. 

And I've pretty much used both of them in my stories (along with a few that although borrowed from Norse mythos, they weren't ships), which kind of made me laugh when I saw that name pop up. 

solopy567    23
solopy567

Chapter 9 posted.