Community Message: We're currently in the middle of our donation drive. For those willing to send a donation, we ask that you use the feature in the sidebar to send a donation. For those who send a donation, a donation badge will be featured in your profile next to every message you post. members can dismiss this message by clicking on the 'x' in the upper-right corner. Donations are used for hosting fees, license renewal for the forum software and domain name renewal.

Sign in to follow this  
HotelKatz

Plot discussion : Samurai Jack & Ah! my goddess

HotelKatz    46
HotelKatz

Kept thinking about Nena's post here.

My mental muse doesn't want to write the fic, but rather toss ideas around for it. Besides, such a fic is more of Nena's territory than mine.

Here's some things I've been thinking about.

Keiichi :Exists or not?

I kind of want him to not exist in the Aku timeline, outside of... I dunno, Belldandy having hallucinations? But if he does exist, what would he do? Be a one-shot character as a mechanic? Part of a biker gang that sometimes reappears to help or hinder Jack and Urd, depending on the plot?

How does Urd appear?

Does she appear and get attacked by Aku? Or does Jack unseal her, with Urd either not having much memory, or a majority of her powers being still sealed/weakened by being sealed? Ot just the unsealing thing?

And how would Jack react when he learns that Urd is half-demon?

Skuld?

Does she appear? Does she not? Or could she be under Aku's control to create machines?

Hild's role?

Chances are she'd be best being all hand-off, not appearing, and rarely mentioned. The other is that she's part of the cleanup crew, helping Odin and Company fight the eldritch entity that spawned Aku. Gonna be honest, not liking any possibility about Hild and Aku teaming up, but I wouldn't mind reading such a thing, if done well.

Belldandy?

Maybe she's also sealed, but in a fantasy where she's living with Keiichi like in canon. Or because Belldandy is so loved by everyone, she's prevented from entering the mortal realm. All she can do is help indirectly.

Mara?

Can you have Urd without Mara? Probably not. Would Mara help Aku? Could Mara be modified into such a crazed stalker, Urd is actually afraid of her? Or is she also sealed? Hey! Maybe she lost her memory and is acting as a beloved healer in a village, but returns to her villainous roots when Urd decides to help Mara regain her memory!

Anything else that anyone else wants to talk about this possible crossover?

Nena Camadera    63
Nena Camadera

Lol, wasn't expecting this to pop up.

Okay, so I'll throw in the plot bunny I'd been toying around with but in the end decided not to pursue for no other reason than Scarred Survivors.

So, couple things behind this idea: in order for it to work, the Norns would need to be nerfed somehow, if Keiichi appeared it wouldn't be as he was in the 'present' (and may not even be human), and Hild/Tyr/Ansuz would need to be excluded because they would most likely God-mode the whole story and bring the plot to a disappointing ending.  Also, (for me personally) the fic would most likely be JackXUrd.

My original idea was more Jack-focused rather than A!MG focused, but it'd still be a fun concept to toy around with.  Idea being that Aku messing around with time pretty much threw the Norns out of wack, and that one of the reason there are so many time portals around for Jack to attempt to find is because the Norns are attempting to right Aku'd wrong.  Primarily Urd, who's in a strange sort of psudeo-hostage status thanks to Aku, who's figured out she's half-demon and is using that to exploit her powers.  It'd be one of the reasons why Aku kept appearing at a time portal before Jack had the opportunity to go back through it-not just that he had eyes everywhere, but he could figure out where the time portals were through Urd.  Jack, most likely from an annonymous tip sent through Skuld or Belldandy, would end up rescuing her and helping her regain control of her demon side, which after so many years of exploition at Aku's hands, would probably manifest and take over when neither Jack or Urd were ready for it. 

Other ideas I was toying with were how Aku managed to keep his grip on Urd for so long, and that being the idea that the other Norns had been imprisoned by Aku somehow, and that part of Jack's journey to finally get back home would be to set Bell and Skuld free with Urd's aid, and that once they're free Urd would be willing to open a time portal up for Jack to return to the past. 

Another dynamic that was only recently introduced with the latest season is the new character Ashi, Aku's alleged daughter.  Because even now I am currently shipping the silly idea of JackxUrd hard, Ashi would most likely be filling the roll of a younger sister/daughter role to Jack or Urd, since her life experience has been nothing but cruelty and training since day one, and she was pretty much brainwashed by her mother to go out and kill Jack.  Urd and Ashi might actually see a bit of a kindered spirit in each other in retrospect to their individual heritage, and might bond over the fact that they've got their own inner demons (literally, in some aspects) that they need to conquer and that in helping eachother, they both end up growing as people.  Jack, who's done his best to lean as close to the side of good as possible, might recognize this and attempt to aid and mentor them both in overcoming the darkness that has so tainted them both over the course of years.

Again, it's just a silly little plot bunny that's pretty much been left free to graze, so I haven't really devoted a whole lot of time to it's development. However, if someone else wants to pick it up or even take snippets of it for their own story, by all means, go for it.

HotelKatz    46
HotelKatz

Gonna see if I can play and expand a little on some of what you said, Nena.

Considering Aku had some sort of time powers from day one and it stands to reason that the eldritch entity he spawned probably had even stronger time powers.

So Aku could have captured Urd by creating artificial time portals. She comes along to close them and he captures her, so he could find destroy the allowed time portals and then use her to seal up Belldandy and Skuld to prevent them from helping Jack.

The other powerful entities from A!MG could be more focused on cleaning up the mess that the eldritch entity created, even possibly doing their best to fight the eldritch entity in multiple time frames.

Imagine the A!MG glitch bunnies, but they've been replaced with tentacled horrors made of shadows.

Something like that could be why no one can help Urd or Jack for more than a moment, and that's if they're lucky.

HotelKatz    46
HotelKatz

Urd: Weapons, limited magic, or unreliable spells?

As for examples of unreliable spells, I'm thinking Orko from the He-man cartoon. Spells either fizzle out, don't do as intended, or backfire. They can work as intended, but it's a matter of either focus or plot reasons for it.

As for why I think Urd would be saddled with either limited magic and/or unreliable spells, I guess we can blame Aku's sealing of Urd. It definitely would be the A!MG method. Whatever the sealing might be, it would do a number on her and on purpose. I can even imagine Urd either having panic attacks or getting really snarky towards everyone, whenever she sees or hears something that reminds her of that particular sealing method.

If Urd does use weapons, I vote either whips or pollaxe. The latter hopefully having a similar design to the bug smashing mallets, like Urd rebuilt hers or something.

Hey, would it be ridiculous for Urd to be singing 99 hundred bottle of beer on the wall when Jack frees her?

Nena Camadera    63
Nena Camadera

Why not make it a mental/psychological block? Think about it-she'd have been imprisoned by Aku for centuries, most likely.  Make her semi-reluctant to cast spells or afraid to actually fight because she's afraid to lose control of herself. Make her lack confidence that Jack or Ashi need to help restore because she's no longer certain of her place in the world. Be imaginative, and then make it work for the story based off the characters and the world they're in.

HotelKatz    46
HotelKatz

That makes sense.

Truth be told, I sometimes wonder if there would be some sort of 'safe mode' or something in the divine for when they are able to use magic and their body thinks they are in danger somehow, but are unable to for mental/psychological reasons. It kind of be akin to the block the prevents First class goddesses from lying, in a weird way.

The safe mode would make Urd use magic, but probably would be a little... trigger happy. An example of this is the jealousy storms Belldandy is known to have.