SUPPORT: We're in the middle of the donation drive for the site. If you're able to help support our community by sending a donation to the site, please use the Paypal donation sidebar feature. Remember, your support helps keep us funded and allows us to provide our community with features such as an image hosting gallery, community forums and more.

Welcome to Goddess Relief Office

Welcome to Goddess Relief Office, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Goddess Relief Office by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create your own image gallery and upload images
  • Post status updates and much more

winedrinkingcritic

Bad Goddess The Anime Video Comic Series

6 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I've come to the conclusion that they're probably not going to make Oh My Goddess Season Three, at least not for a while. So I'm making my own personal unofficial spinoff season in the form of a animated video comic. This is not a professional production. This is me by myself using photoshop and internet materials. This fan film series is a Satire. It openly states in the first pilot movie that the point of this Satire is to completely break canon in a way that makes fun of and examines the original series. I've compiled the entire series into one video playlist for your convenience - Kevin Neece

You can rip the videos for home viewing using this website: www.keepvid.com

Edited by winedrinkingcritic

Posted (edited)

If you choose to rip the episodes and burn them to dvdr, These are how the discs should be split:

Disc 1

The Pilot Movie

How is That Funny

Misrepresentations of Our Gods Through the Media

Doctor What

Disc 2

The Rejected Sequel

The Bad Goddess Who Fell to Earth

About Urd's Girlfriend

Disc 3

Assault on Yggdrasil

Evangelion Must Die & The Girl Meets World Sequel

What is the Meaning of All This

Disc 4

Season Two The Pilot & You Never Go Full Meta

Let's Get a Pizza

Renaissance World & Identity Crisis

None of You Saw This Coming & Love in an Elevator

Disc 5

Bad Goddess at the Slimebowl a Rama

Oh Brother

The Joy of Love Hate Lovin'

Bad Goddess Fan Club

Disc 6

The Keys of Marinus Serial

Hot Off the Press & Where Did All the Aliens Go

So there you go, that's my Satirical Season Three of Oh My Goddess.

Edited by winedrinkingcritic

One of the things I learned from making this series is how the argument of "what is canon" is total bullshit to the perspective of the person making the series. I adapted my own series as verbatim as possible so that it would be canon to the fan fiction I wrote, but the limitations of the animation I had to work with and having a no budget created unavoidable changes. The fact that it's not canon to Fujishima's manga/anime show is a part of the joke. The entire point of fan fiction is to do all of the balls to the walls crazy shit that the producers never would have allowed on the original tv show. I also improvised a lot of dialogue on the spot while I was animating that isn't available in any kind of script format, but it's better than what was in the original stories. I did this so that people who had already read the stories dozens of times over would have something fresh to laugh about while remaining faithful to the series. But in the end, my own series is going to be perceived as "not canon" to my own fan fiction... and I'm the guy that wrote the bloody thing, and I handled every aspect of this show. I understood that one of the running gags of the series was that I had trouble completing the stories that I wrote, frequently had unavoidable hot off the press spelling/grammar errors that spellchecker couldn't seem to fix building up to that payoff episode with Lloyd Kaufman (my production mistakes were left the way they were on purpose), smartass quips in the descriptions that couldn't be visualized, and fight scenes that were not staged out but had music lyrics in place of them. All of this to the point that the characters bitched and commented on it like that Daffy Duck cartoon Duck Amuck where Daffy is arguing with the animator and the animator starts pranking him to get back at him. I understood that these elements were canon to the fan fiction that I had written and no anime studio pandering to an audience would ever understand that. They would've completed the scripts, and everything would be made perfect like the 2006 anime show, and the writer from the other dimension would be a perfect movie actor instead of a fat ugly slob like Plinkett from Red Letter Media (or removed from the show entirely), and that would not be the fan fiction series that I wrote. Making this an Ed Wood Public Access Show was the only format that this would ever be able to exist in because every other method would cost money that I don't have. I don't believe that the brutally honest outspoken nature of this series would ever survive if it had to go through a producer trying to make his investment back.

I actually have a story to tell about The Bad Goddess Who Fell to Earth Video Comic. So, basically, there's a scene in the Video Comic that's not in the original script. Doctor What, upon seeing Skuld's crazy restaurant, freaks out and tries to explain to her that when people go out to eat, they want a restaurant that adheres to a specific theme, and her restaurant is pure anarchy/all over the place. Making a restaurant is like making a work of art, and art is about restriction, not the freedom to do whatever the hell you want.

This scene is actually based on two people in my life: Indie Filmmaker Josh Becker and Zombie Life TV Host Eddie Rotten. The musing about art being about restriction comes from Josh Becker, but the metaphor about the restaurant is inspired by Eddie Rotten. When Eddie Rotten was producing Zombie Life Season Two this year, his attempts to outdo himself in every episode took what should have been a conspiracy theory discussion show, and turned it into a crazy goth punk pagan freak variety show. Eddie was packing in punk goth bands that took too long to show up and had us scrambling at the last minute, and carnival sideshow hosts, and basically so many different guests with so many different themes that each episode was all over the place. In one of the episodes, there was a tarot card reader named Reinero Cone that only got about seven minutes of screen time, and the entire episode could've been about her alone. So eventually, the directors/producers had to have a talk with him and tell him to tone these variety show episodes down to about one per month.

And then the most amazing thing happened. In one of the following episodes, Eddie sat down and had a legitimate discussion about why he thinks Bigfoot may have been real. In all of the other episodes, this was just a joke hot seat question, but here Eddie was finally engaging again in honest to god discussions and the show was better and more interesting for it. Oh, sure, the variety freak show episodes are a blast, but keeping them in equal balance with the discussion episodes is the way to go.

So, recently I set out to make a Japanese Translation of the Bad Goddess The Three Part Pilot Movie using Bing Translator to see what it would look like... and I succeeded, it's finished. However... not only did it butcher my dialogue, but it also removed all of the foul language and strong subject matter, and you could no longer tell what the plot was about. You knew Keiichi was in the hospital, but you didn't know why and it didn't make sense as to why everyone else thought it was funny. This was basically the Love Conquers All version of Terry Gilliam's Brazil all over again. I showed it to like two people, and then I promptly deleted it from the internet. So that is why I will not translate this series into Japanese. It's like watching a Quentin Tarantino film where all of the beautiful diatribes have been re-written by a guy with brain damage. Better it not exist at all.

This video was an inspiration to the Photoshop Animation Style of the Video Comic series I just made.

This video was a subconscious inspiration. Kevin from the Other Dimension comically writes the Oh My Goddess characters into the worst plots of all time,

and they repeatedly bitch him out and complain about his bad writing decisions.

This scene from The Never Ending Story was another direct inspiration.