Community Message: We're currently in the middle of our donation drive. For those willing to send a donation, we ask that you use the feature in the sidebar to send a donation. For those who send a donation, a donation badge will be featured in your profile next to every message you post. members can dismiss this message by clicking on the 'x' in the upper-right corner. Donations are used for hosting fees, license renewal for the forum software and domain name renewal.

Sign in to follow this  
vanagandr

Belldandy the... witch?

vanagandr    209
vanagandr

Now this is a pretty interesting one, given that it fits perfectly that old chapter where Sayoko got under the impression that Belldandy was a witch. 

So, I just happened to run into this amazing set of renders based on a Skyrim mod that allows one to recreate Belldandy as a witch. I kid you not. Take a look:

tumblr_or0woby6rV1uw4z7co3_1280.jpg

tumblr_or0woby6rV1uw4z7co1_1280.jpgtumblr_or0woby6rV1uw4z7co6_1280.png

tumblr_or0woby6rV1uw4z7co5_1280.png

tumblr_or0woby6rV1uw4z7co2_1280.jpg

tumblr_or0woby6rV1uw4z7co4_1280.png

Unfortunately, I have no information as to the actual mod itself (other than the above images), although I did found them here (https://megailikeawp.tumblr.com/post/161424425314/belldandy-cosplay) just in case anyone wishes to take a closer look at the subject. Still, I'll have to say that for a mod, whoever made it did quite a nice job :)

grayfox123    139
grayfox123

Cool Witch.

Though, canon wise, Belldandy could be considered a ' witch' since she does use spells, and rides a broom... 

vanagandr    209
vanagandr
9 minutes ago, grayfox123 said:

Cool Witch.

Though, canon wise, Belldandy could be considered a ' witch' since she does use spells, and rides a broom... 

That she does! Although I guess that in this case (as well as Sayoko's assumption) she more or less follows the whole 'pointy hat' and the rest of what seems to be the stereotypical outfit for a witch. 

Now, ironically enough, the whole pointy hat came from old tales that might go  as back as some of the legends about a Odin's days as a wanderer... which in AMG's context, should be Belldandy's grandfather ;)

Adelance    9
Adelance

Don't forget about the black cat that shows up eventually haha 

winedrinkingcritic    22
winedrinkingcritic
12 hours ago, Adelance said:

Don't forget about the black cat that shows up eventually haha 

Welsper. His name is Welsper. He has a name you know. I devoted an entire fan art page to him.

Adelance    9
Adelance
Posted (edited)
On 9/28/2017 at 12:10 PM, winedrinkingcritic said:

Welsper. His name is Welsper. He has a name you know. I devoted an entire fan art page to him.

Haha alright? Saying "Welsper showed up eventually" just doesn't get the same point across though :P

But really though, when that happened I couldn't help but notice she was slowly acquiring all the things associated with witches.  I was half expecting a moment to come where someone saw all these things and concluded that Bell was a witch.  That sort of happened with Sayoko, but not quite to the extent I was expecting.   

Edited by Adelance

winedrinkingcritic    22
winedrinkingcritic

Belldandy is a witch. She says so herself during the Judgment Gate storyline when conversing with her Father Tyr/Gate at the beginning of the Motorcycle Race finale.