Community Message: We're currently in the middle of our donation drive. For those willing to send a donation, we ask that you use the feature in the sidebar to send a donation. For those who send a donation, a donation badge will be featured in your profile next to every message you post. members can dismiss this message by clicking on the 'x' in the upper-right corner. Donations are used for hosting fees, license renewal for the forum software and domain name renewal.

Sign in to follow this  
Keiichi Morisato

Upcoming Anime Season: July/Summer, What's On Your List?

Keiichi Morisato    422
Keiichi Morisato

I'm just curious what anime shows that are upcoming for this July that everyone is anticipating? For me, there are several that have piqued my interest.

July/Summer Schedule: http://anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=calendar&do.filter=1

Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e
http://anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=anime&aid=13153

Koudo Ikusei Senior High School is a leading prestigious school with state-of-the-art facilities where nearly 100% of students go on to university or find employment. The students there have the freedom to wear any hairstyle and bring any personal effects they desire. Koudo Ikusei is a paradise-like school, but the truth is that only the most superior of students receive favorable treatment. Koudo is accidentally dumped into "Class D", the inferior class where classmates are constantly ridiculed.

Hajimete no Gal
http://anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=anime&aid=12554

Hashiba Jun'ichi is an uncool high school student who frets about wanting to lose his virginity. Egged on by his friends, Jun goes on his knees and confesses his love to a classmate named Yame Yukana. The confession surprisingly works and the couple goes out. However, Jun finds himself in uncharted waters with Yame, a trendy and fashion-conscious gal.

Princess Principle
http://anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=anime&aid=13031

The spy action series follows five girls in 19th century London, a city within the Albion Kingdom divided into east and west by a large wall. The girls serve as undercover spies enrolled as students at the prestigious Queen's Mayfair school. The girls make use of their individual abilities to remain active in the underground world of disguise, espionage, infiltration, and car chases.

Aho Girl
http://anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=anime&aid=12803

Yoshiko is a genuinely stupid girl (she can even manage to get all 0's on multiple choice tests). She hangs out at school with her childhood friend, who she claims to like, and he has to put up with all her ridiculous behavior!

Battle Girl High School
http://anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=anime&aid=12080

The Shinjugammine Girls Academy is a school for these "Hoshimori" (Star Guardians) destined to fight the Irōsu. The player is assigned to this academy to train the girls and take back the contaminated Earth. And so, once again, the chimes echo through the sun-strewn schoolyard to mark the beginning of classes today …

Nora to Oujo to Noraneko Heart
http://anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=anime&aid=11864

The story centers around Handa Nora, a high school boy whose mother adopts a girl named Yuuri Shachi who is younger than him. Shachi lost her mother and no longer lives with her father, but both Nora and Shachi were raised well. Nora's childhood friend and honors student Kuroki Michi is the head of the school's public morals committee, and is also friends with Asuhara Yuuki, who acts like a kogal but is a reliable confidante. One day, on the way to school, Nora meets a girl named Patricia in a park. Patricia says that she is a princess of the underworld, and she has come to the surface world to destroy all life. But the first time she touches someone in the surface, she faints, and Nora finds himself nursing her. Patricia asks Nora to tell him the secrets of life, and Nora starts by explaining the adult magazine that they found in the park.

grayfox123    139
grayfox123

List looks interesting.

Usually when looking for anime to follow for a season, I start by watching the first episodes of a wide selection of new releases , and usually skip over those anime that are in the second or third season if I haven't seen the first (though I made an exception for Shingeki no Bahamut: Virgin Soul..which is the second season of the Bahamut series...haven't seen Genesis yet)....and if any catches my interest, I follow them.

Looking at the watchlist for the new season( FROM my anime list)...these seem interesting.

1.Hajimete no Gal

Spring. The "season of love" has arrived and it seems that finding himself a girlfriend was harder than Junichi believed. To break the status quo, Junichi's friends have forced him into confessing to the gal, Yame Yukana. However, things do not go quite as he expected. A series of "firsts" begins!

2:Centaur no Nayami

Himeno is a sweet, shy little centaur girl. In her world, everyone seems to be a supernatural creature, and all her classmates have some kind of horns, wings, tails, halos, or other visible supernatural body part. Despite their supernatural elements, Himeno and her best friends, Nozomi and Kyouko, have a fun and mostly normal daily school life!

3.Isekai wa Smartphone to Tomo ni.

Touya Mochizuki was accidentally killed, and as an apology, God allows him to be reborn in a fantasy world and will grant him any one wish he desires. And so, Touya chooses to keep his smartphone in the next world. In his second chance at life, he befriends many important figures and comes across the world's secret.

4.Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e

Looking forward as always to the new season.

bejay53    7
bejay53

Anyone know where they will be shown? Hopefully not Amazon!

Keiichi Morisato    422
Keiichi Morisato

haven't heard anything yet but I would imagine Crunchyroll, Funimation, or one of the other legit anime streaming services. I'll have to do some checking tomorrow, being that it's already late evening here. :grin:

bejay53    7
bejay53

Thanks,

It just seems lately that a lot of the good titles are going to amazon. There are at least 3 series I'd like to see, but I'm not paying for prime and the video.

Keiichi Morisato    422
Keiichi Morisato

I know. One series I wish that would be released is Sora o Kakeru Shōjo. Unfortunately, a dual audio version will probably never be released. I watched the original fansubs when they were released.