Community Message: We're currently in the middle of our donation drive. For those willing to send a donation, we ask that you use the feature in the sidebar to send a donation. For those who send a donation, a donation badge will be featured in your profile next to every message you post. members can dismiss this message by clicking on the 'x' in the upper-right corner. Donations are used for hosting fees, license renewal for the forum software and domain name renewal.

Sign in to follow this  
Keiichi Morisato

Ah! My Goddess: Do You Still Watch?

Keiichi Morisato    422
Keiichi Morisato

I'm curious how many members of our community still watch the OVA series, the anime TV series, the Ah! My Goddess movie and the Adventures of Mini Goddess anime series. Be interested to hear from anyone who continues to watch the episodes. For me, I watch the anime series, from time to time, when I want to reminisce of what has previously been produced. The original OVA series still remains my favorite ... with the original English voice actors, Juliet Cesario, Scott Simpson and the rest of the voice actors from the 1993 OVA series. :grin:

grayfox123    139
grayfox123

Watched the first two episodes of the 2005 anime three weeks ago...and watched the movie back in April...otherwise, it has been a while.

Utti Jaeger    9
Utti Jaeger

once a year I watch it all in continuity. usually in the beginning of summer as a way of celebrating it finally being warm. my favorite still has to be the first season of the anime TV series with the English dub cast.

Nena Camadera    63
Nena Camadera

The only bit of the animated series I may ever bother to watch is the movie.  I'm honestly not a huge fan of the other series, given the fact that none of them are an accurate portrayal of the manga.  I still read the manga on occasion, and have most of the volumes downloaded on my computer.

Keiichi Morisato    422
Keiichi Morisato

I think I consider as my way of reliving the nostalgia that I have some a few particular anime shows. Ah! My Goddess, You're Under Arrest, Love Hina, Tenchi Muyo (original OVA series), Tenchi Muyo: Galaxy Police; these remain some of my favorites ... Personally, the original OVA series of Oh My Goddess remains at the top of favorites list. That's the one that addicted me to the series, beyond my usual fandom with the manga series.

Utti Jaeger    9
Utti Jaeger
Posted (edited)

I'm re watching Galaxy Police right now. having trouble deciding if i want to watch the sub or dub and bouncing between the two.

Edited by Utti Jaeger

Keiichi Morisato    422
Keiichi Morisato

I only watch the dubbed version, because I'm usually on my computer, working on the site or doing something or the other. :grin: Thinking of getting back to watching some of my older archived anime, and I've downloaded quite a bit of dual audio anime. Need to finish downloading Chuunibyo and Robotics Notes, two anime shows I have yet to sit through and watch. Still trying to get my hands on a high-definition version of the Robotech animated series. Don't know why, but I have a sense of nostalgia when it comes to the Carl Macek series. :laugh:

winedrinkingcritic    22
winedrinkingcritic

I re-watched Ah My Goddess for the first time in six years shortly after completing the fan fiction series. it held up very well on all levels. The one thing that tickled me is over the years I forgot what these characters sounded like on the show, and re-assessing them in my mind to the dialogue I wrote was disturbingly funny.