NOTICE: Please be aware that the status update widget in the sidebar has been repaired, for those who have been unable to use it lately. This message can be dissolved by clicking the 'x' in the far right corner of this message.

Welcome to Goddess Relief Office

Welcome to Goddess Relief Office, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Goddess Relief Office by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create your own image gallery and upload images
  • Post status updates and much more

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Utti Jaeger

Bthesda at E3

7 posts in this topic

I was wondering if anybody else had seen the E3 presentation from Bethesda regarding their paid mod system they are creating and what everyone thought of it. My take is that their plans wont last like the old plans for paid mods from a while ago due to the backlash just like before.

What are everyone's thoughts on it?

Dunno, it seems that content created by participating in this "Creation Club" is more like combination of mod and DLC. The mod creator collaborates with Bethesda to test and localize the content. So Bethesda actually spends resources (time/money) on this. So I guess it's only fair for them to ask for a "reasonable" return.

Whether this new kind of model of mod creation will succeed is something that only time will tell I think.

ya i just saw an interview where Pete better explained it but I think the confusion came form the vague introduction at E3.

Well, if their revenue goes down because of that they will surely make an effort clear up the confusion. And if things won't improve nevertheless, they will simply revert back to the status quo I guess. But if it pays off for them other devs and publishers will definitely follow suit.

As a famous videogame analyst likes to say: It's a profit deal! ^__~

ya from what pete said it will be something like 5$ deals from corporation of developers and the community. it aperintly was a request form the dev teams to still be able to work on games that have had their last dlc made.

In that case it's beneficial for everyone. I mean if gamers can get new (semi-professional) content, that would otherwise take way longer to be created or in the worst case would not be created at all, for a small price, that's pretty neat I think.

And if you're patient enough you'll probably be able to get everything in a bundle at a discount price.

ya he also said mods would stay the same as they are now.