Community Message: We're currently in the middle of our donation drive. For those willing to send a donation, we ask that you use the feature in the sidebar to send a donation. For those who send a donation, a donation badge will be featured in your profile next to every message you post. members can dismiss this message by clicking on the 'x' in the upper-right corner. Donations are used for hosting fees, license renewal for the forum software and domain name renewal.

Sign in to follow this  
Utti Jaeger

Bthesda at E3

Utti Jaeger    9
Utti Jaeger

I was wondering if anybody else had seen the E3 presentation from Bethesda regarding their paid mod system they are creating and what everyone thought of it. My take is that their plans wont last like the old plans for paid mods from a while ago due to the backlash just like before.

What are everyone's thoughts on it?

Sugoi    47
Sugoi

Dunno, it seems that content created by participating in this "Creation Club" is more like combination of mod and DLC. The mod creator collaborates with Bethesda to test and localize the content. So Bethesda actually spends resources (time/money) on this. So I guess it's only fair for them to ask for a "reasonable" return.

Whether this new kind of model of mod creation will succeed is something that only time will tell I think.

Utti Jaeger    9
Utti Jaeger

ya i just saw an interview where Pete better explained it but I think the confusion came form the vague introduction at E3.

Sugoi    47
Sugoi

Well, if their revenue goes down because of that they will surely make an effort clear up the confusion. And if things won't improve nevertheless, they will simply revert back to the status quo I guess. But if it pays off for them other devs and publishers will definitely follow suit.

As a famous videogame analyst likes to say: It's a profit deal! ^__~

Utti Jaeger    9
Utti Jaeger

ya from what pete said it will be something like 5$ deals from corporation of developers and the community. it aperintly was a request form the dev teams to still be able to work on games that have had their last dlc made.

Sugoi    47
Sugoi

In that case it's beneficial for everyone. I mean if gamers can get new (semi-professional) content, that would otherwise take way longer to be created or in the worst case would not be created at all, for a small price, that's pretty neat I think.

And if you're patient enough you'll probably be able to get everything in a bundle at a discount price.

Utti Jaeger    9
Utti Jaeger

ya he also said mods would stay the same as they are now.