SUPPORT: We're in the middle of the donation drive for the site. If you're able to help support our community by sending a donation to the site, please use the Paypal donation sidebar feature. Remember, your support helps keep us funded and allows us to provide our community with features such as an image hosting gallery, community forums and more.

Welcome to Goddess Relief Office

Welcome to Goddess Relief Office, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Goddess Relief Office by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create your own image gallery and upload images
  • Post status updates and much more

Keiichi Morisato

Fan Fiction Voting, Possible Mention On News Portal, Thoughts? Ideas?

3 posts in this topic

For the longest while, I haven't really participated in the fan fiction forums or topics but that is about to change. Our fan fiction community has been expanding in wonderful ways and I'll be starting to highlight our fan fiction on the news portal for our community. The thing is, it needs to be handled in a unique way. While I don't want to turn into posting a news item for every time a fan fiction piece is updated, I'm open to suggestions.

Some ideas I've been considering are the following (let me know what everyone thinks, or if you have a different suggestion):

• hold a weekly vote to determine who has the best fan fiction of the week (this would inspire other members to create their own fan fiction as well as receiving an honorable mention that would also be linked to on the news portal);
  • the administrator (or someone who could be appointed to post the recommended fan fiction) to the news portal; this person would have privileges to post news items regarding fan fiction to the new portal and they would be required to include a brief snippet, like a synopsis, of what the fan fiction entry is about;
  • the administrator would post news items directing visitors and members to new fan fiction that is posted or created on the forums;

These are just a few ideas I've been thinking about. If someone were selected to post news items regarding new fan fiction, they would be promoted to a moderator with the special privileges to post on the news portal, similar to what I post on the homepage in regards to site content and manga releases. Please note that the recommended voting on fan fiction of the week would be highlighted in a posting on the homepage as as the fan fiction author's username and a link to the forum/topic where the fan fiction is. This is the chance to be famous and see more visitors to the site read your content.

Just let me know what you think about this as I wouldn't mind getting something like started within the next week or two.

Are you looking to only have us highlight/vote for FanFiction that is written by people on the boards?  My only concern there is that we might run out of material.  :)  We have an extensive list of "recommended" fanfics, we could choose a number of them at random and use those for the poll. 

Also, are you wanting to limit to AMG Fanfiction?  Fujishima inspired Fanfiction?  Or any? 

Well, it could be a selection of either. It doesn't even need to be something that is written by someone on the community, it could be something that is written by someone else, posted on a fan fiction site. My main goal to influence more members to become active participants. Long as the fan fiction is original, tasteful and doesn't run afoul of our community rules, then I really wouldn't have a problem with voting for or selecting fan fiction that you find elsewhere. Since our fan fiction community has grown, the community has taken on a life of its own, and I mean that in a good way.