Community Message: We're currently in the middle of our donation drive. For those willing to send a donation, we ask that you use the feature in the sidebar to send a donation. For those who send a donation, a donation badge will be featured in your profile next to every message you post. members can dismiss this message by clicking on the 'x' in the upper-right corner. Donations are used for hosting fees, license renewal for the forum software and domain name renewal.

Goddess Relief Office
Sign in to follow this  
Keiichi Morisato

Forum Upgrade Feedback

Keiichi Morisato    416
Keiichi Morisato

Now that the forum upgrade has been completed, use this topic to post your impressions about the changes to the forum along with any glitches or problems you might be having in relation to the upgrade. Remember, any problems you encounter in relation to the upgrade need to be detailed (and if possible, provide screenshots) so we can forward them to the developer. The enhancements that we've made to the community are as follows:

• removed the "Forums" header from board index
  • removed the "Articles" header from news portal
  • enhanced the "User Profile Info" into an organized format (displayed next to the posted message)
  • modified the navigation menu bar so that there's no "mouse-over" effect, renders the menu into just a clickable navigation menu

Just post your feedback about these changes as more are on the way. This post will continue to be updated as new enhancements are added.

DeLtA    8
DeLtA

Not sure if this is a glitch for this most current upgrade, but in my profile, the way to contact me is through AIM (which I no longer use), and in the Edit Profile section, there's no longer a field for AIM, haha. Not a big problem, but interesting to note. ;)

Keiichi Morisato    416
Keiichi Morisato

Let me know if it shows up. I just looked and it appears to be displaying for me. it should be displaying on your profile field. I checked the settings and it's set to display as well as allow members to edit their contact information. Have you tried editing your profile information? I think the only way you can do that is by actually editing your profile information.

DeLtA    8
DeLtA

Yup, it has shown up, and I was able to delete it. Thank you!

Keiichi Morisato    416
Keiichi Morisato

Don't mention it, my friend. I was sure that it was working properly. Ended up recaching the data for the forums and I'm glad it's working now. There is a new feature of the new version called "Clubs" which acts more like a social feature of the community. I'm trying to figure out how it works before I enable the thing. Son as I get it figured out, I'll enable it for the rest of the community. Should be able to get that up and running in a day or so. There can be different social clubs like one for fan fiction, another for anime, another for manga, a club for Ah! My Goddess and so on. I think, judging from what I've read about it so far, that everyone will like it. It will come in handy for all kinds of different discussion groups.

Sugoi    46
Sugoi

I have noticed that the font color of following text located in the upper part of the screen is white:

SUPPORT: We're in the middle of the donation drive for the site. If you're able to help support our community by sending a donation to the site, please use the Paypal donation sidebar feature. Remember, your support helps keep us funded and allows us to provide our community with features such as an image hosting gallery, community forums and more.

So it's barely legible. I guess that's not intended, is it?

Keiichi Morisato    416
Keiichi Morisato

Just updated the plugin. It should be working perfectly now. I've also enabled the message so that members can dismiss it by clicking on the 'x' icon in the upper right corner of the message.

Keiichi Morisato    416
Keiichi Morisato

I'm still working on some modifications and one of them that I've just figured out is a modification that enhances the "user profile information" box that is attached to every post any of our members post on the forums. This modification cleans that area up and aligns it in an organized way. For those who don't want certain information displayed, I can modify what information is displayed. I've already decided to remove the "member's age" from the field as I'm aware some of our members might be sensitive about that particular information as it relates to their account profile. But, there are more modifications on the way, I just have to work my way through them.

vanagandr    201
vanagandr

KM, I think that the recent status updates doesn't work as intended. All of a sudden it's showing posts that are most likely olf member's twitter posts(?) or something of that kind. 

Keiichi Morisato    416
Keiichi Morisato

I'm aware of it. it's the facebook and twitter login handlers integration for the forum software. I had disabled it years ago because of issues regarding the handlers. Guess I'll be removing it once again. I almost forgot another reason why I had it disabled.

Keiichi Morisato    416
Keiichi Morisato

Well, after trying to find a fix for the navigation menu for the longest time ever, I was finally able to fix the navigation menu bar so that there is no more mouse-over effect. I just didn't like the way the sub-menu was appearing. If anyone has any troubles with the new navigation menu bar, voice your concerns in this topic. I'm just trying to apply some modifications that make the forums easier for our members and visitors to use and to navigate.

Imaginos1892    18
Imaginos1892

Forums no longer have a Total posts in this topic: at the top.

If a user has a Title: longer than about 20 characters, it is not displayed. In addition, it overflows and wipes out the Posts: and Reputation: blocks as well.

Several users are affected by this, see mine here (40 characters) for an example.

A possible solution would be to allow Title: to wrap to two lines.
———————————
Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!!

Edited by Imaginos1892