Community Message: We're currently in the middle of our donation drive. For those willing to send a donation, we ask that you use the feature in the sidebar to send a donation. For those who send a donation, a donation badge will be featured in your profile next to every message you post. members can dismiss this message by clicking on the 'x' in the upper-right corner. Donations are used for hosting fees, license renewal for the forum software and domain name renewal.

Goddess Relief Office
Sign in to follow this  
Keiichi Morisato

Social Justice Movement: Racism Run Amuck?

Keiichi Morisato    418
Keiichi Morisato

I don't know what it is but this whole social justice movement has grown out of control. Over the past few years, I've noticed a rise in idiots proclaiming to be social justice warriors, whether it's antifa (anti-fascist protesters), black lives matter, white entitlement, feminism, cultural appropriation ... you name it, they abduct the movement into their cause.

The recent thing has been Black Lives Matter demanding that white people will their inherited properties to black and brown people and/or families and the whole "all white people are racists" thing. Here in the United States, the movement started back in January when white people started shaming all people as racists and about their "white privilege". It's like they're spouting all this crap without thinking because they're just trying to create "sound bites" for youtubers and the media to jump on. Now, I've watched many of these videos and this whole social justice thing really blew up around the Women's March earlier this year and it's simply gotten worse.

The latest debacle is the NFL, whose players decided to stage mini protests and refused to rise for the singing of the National Anthem of the United States, claiming that minorities are still repressed. The result? NFL saw its ratings drop by 14% over last year because the NFL pissed off a lot of football fans who didn't like what had happened. The NFL movement started with a spoiled African-American NFL player by the name of Colin Kaepernick. When the National Anthem was being sung, he wouldn't stand. Instead, be kneeled in protest. That happened last year and now other teams have jumped on the protest.

NFL opening season saw its ratings sank by 15%, with viewers sending a clear message that they didn't like the disrespect that NFL players had shown to the American flag and what our military fighting dads, moms, brothers. sisters, nephews, nieces and cousins do for this great country. NFL commissioner Roger Goodall decided to double down and blasted elected officials for disrespecting the NFL, their players and the game because someone had said that the owners of these NFL teams should fire any player who protested by refusing to stand for the anthem. They also locked arms in protest and refused to participate in opening ceremonies of the games they play. What I found to be disrespectful was that at the same time Roger Goodall said our country disrespected the NFL and the players, it was their players who started this in the first place by disrespecting the flag, our country's tradition and our soldiers who fight for our right to be free.

I have to say that I'm a patriot at heart. I love my country. While I have causes I believe in, all this social justice crap is just plain BS.

Perrhaps if these professional football players would stop acting like spoiled rich brats then maybe people would take them seriously This country doesn't have slavery anymore. It was abolished a long time ago. People from every culture have equal rights under the law, federal, state and local, they have constitutional rights and those rights are also protected under the bill of rights. But, to hear these morons shout about it all, you would think that this country never abolished slavery. Everyone, these days, thinks that they should just have things handed to them, free of charge, and that their new rallying cry has been to shame those who they think are oppressing them.

They talk a good talk about equal rights and about non violence but they resort to violence because they seem to be under the belief that they have an excuse for doing what they do.

Sugoi    47
Sugoi
On 26.9.2017 at 1:40 AM, Keiichi Morisato said:

People from every culture have equal rights under the law, federal, state and local, they have constitutional rights and those rights are also protected under the bill of rights.

I think some people just protest about the undeniably ongoing discrimination (against whoever) in practice. Sure everyone is considered equal and so on according to the constitution (at least in our case...). But in reality more often than not that's not how things go, unfortunately.

Having said that I do agree that there is lots of unjustified and unreasonable actions done by the protesting ones!! Also, life is not all guns and roses.

Keiichi Morisato    418
Keiichi Morisato

Don't get me wrong. I'm not saying that there isn't injustice going on in the world but I think these groups and organizations are trying to turn it into something it isn't. For instance, all of the videos you see about police brutality uploaded onto youtube are just glorified idiots who provoke the police into a confrontation and then they are surprised when the police act in an untoward capacity. I'm sure that there are some overzealous cops out there but most of my interactions with police are overly positive. I think there have only been two times where I've run into rude police officers, over a 50 year period and I live in a fairly large city.

When you turn a public interaction and try to transform it into an 'incident', don't be surprised when people you run into have a negative reaction to what you're trying to do.

Take a look at all the protestors that happened after the election. Never before have I seen supporters for a candidate who claim they want peaceful demonstrations and turn around and turn every public display into a posterboard for violence. The way I feel about it? Every person who commits an act of violence, whether it's to make a statement or whether it's protesting, should be knocked unconscious by a police officer with a club or tased until they're unconscious. When you go out into public, people expect you to act appropriately, not cover your faces like the KKK and attack people because you didn't like the outcome of a vote or election. All this violence that has happened in this country has been perpetrated by supporters of the Democratic Party (no, I'm not turning this into political speech) who were upset that the person they wanted to be in the White House actually lost an election. They supported the wrong person and the DNC selected the wrong candidate to head into the General Election.

The actions of the NFL are just the result of entitlement wealthy brats who think their voice matters and it was football fans who decided they had enough of the hijinks and spoke by burning their NFL paraphenalia (I watched one fan burn a $450 Pittsburg Steelers leather jacket). Football fans clearly sent the NFL a message, leave politics out of professional sports. There's also something else that disturbed me, white people trying to shame other white people by calling them racist because they either supported Trump or did not voice their opposition publicly.

There's a reason why I don't discuss religion or politics with anyone because I consider both a private matter and I don't want anyone using my support for anything I may support against me.

Such things have a tendency to backfire on you, especially with your employers, employees, customers, etc. Don't pick a fight because you can, learn when to choose your battles because eventually, you're going to get slapped back down. I remember what my dad always taught me, karma always has a nasty way of biting you in the ass. You simply don't know when it's going to happen. Just don't be too surprised when it does.

DeLtA    8
DeLtA
On 9/26/2017 at 10:10 PM, Keiichi Morisato said:

The way I feel about it? Every person who commits an act of violence, whether it's to make a statement or whether it's protesting, should be knocked unconscious by a police officer with a club or tased until they're unconscious.

Concerning police... I think the issue is that people think that there shouldn't be over-reactions at all. My feeling is that they should use enough force to neutralize the situation and bring them in front of a judge. I don't want police officers to be handing out punishment because all people are innocent until proven guilty. Asking police to hand out physical violence is perverse, whether the person deserves pain to be inflicted on them or not.

Imaginos1892    18
Imaginos1892
Posted (edited)
On 9/25/2017 at 4:40 PM, Keiichi Morisato said:

The recent thing has been Black Lives Matter demanding that white people will their inherited properties to black and brown people and/or families and the whole "all white people are racists" thing. Here in the United States, the movement started back in January when white people started shaming all people as racists and about their "white privilege". It's like they're spouting all this crap without thinking because they're just trying to create "sound bites" for youtubers and the media to jump on. Now, I've watched many of these videos and this whole social justice thing really blew up around the Women's March earlier this year and it's simply gotten worse.

Well, of course the answer to anti-black racism in the past is anti-white racism today! Just ask Sharpton and Jackson!

Of course we must deny men's rights today because women's rights were denied in the past! Just ask the 'Feminists'!

42 minutes ago, DeLtA said:

Concerning police... I think the issue is that people think that there shouldn't be over-reactions at all. My feeling is that they should use enough force to neutralize the situation and bring them in front of a judge. I don't want police officers to be handing out punishment because all people are innocent until proven guilty. Asking police to hand out physical violence is perverse, whether the person deserves pain to be inflicted on them or not.

When confronting violent suspects the cops should do whatever it takes to render them no longer a threat. If that means busting their heads, using pepper spray or tasers, or shooting them dead, so be it. The suspects can prevent any of those things from happening by simply surrendering, as they are required to do by law. If they are too conceited or too stupid to do that, they deserve what they get.

Edited by Imaginos1892