Community Message: We're currently in the middle of our donation drive. For those willing to send a donation, we ask that you use the feature in the sidebar to send a donation. For those who send a donation, a donation badge will be featured in your profile next to every message you post. members can dismiss this message by clicking on the 'x' in the upper-right corner. Donations are used for hosting fees, license renewal for the forum software and domain name renewal.

grayfox123

first ever broken bone..ouch

grayfox123    139
grayfox123

So, a few hours earlier, at work, I tripped over a concrete block, and fell with my left arm outstretched.

X rays are back, shows a fracture of the left radial bone.

So, waiting for the attending orthopaedic surgeon to decide....operate now or tomorrow.

What a life!

Pics attached!

bones.jpeg

grayfox123    139
grayfox123

Will keep everyone updated!

And yes, it hurts.

grayfox123    139
grayfox123

The fancy name for the thing is a Galeazzi fracture. And yes, i do need an op. ouch

Urd    52
Urd

Ouch...

Like...ouch :cry:

grayfox123    139
grayfox123
48 minutes ago, Urd said:

Ouch...

Like...ouch :cry:

Indeed.

Op scheduled for Monday, according to the consultant surgeon. Meanwhile have gotten a cast for now

Imaginos1892    22
Imaginos1892

Ow! Ow! That hurts just to look at! Looks like you've got at least three major bone fragments there.

Had a broken arm in high school, but was not allowed to 'skate out of my farm chores' just because my arm was broke. As a result it didn't set right and 40 years later still bugs the shit out of me. Not quite enough to have it re-broken and try again, though!

vanagandr    209
vanagandr

Ouch... My sympathies. This looks painful, just by the X-Rays, so I hope the surgery will fix things without complications. 

Sugoi    47
Sugoi

Get well soon!

winedrinkingcritic    22
winedrinkingcritic
18 hours ago, Sugoi said:

Get well soon!

What Sugoi said.

HotelKatz    46
HotelKatz

Yikes... Looks nasty. I really do hope you get well soon!

grayfox123    139
grayfox123

UPDATE  UPDATE  UPDATE

1.So i checked into the hospital on this past Sunday, for the op on Monday proper.

2,How was it?

Well, i was wheeled into the theater, and put under the gas....and had a plate put in my radius. Plus a graft taken from my pelvic region because seems the break was way serious than expected.

3.First night after the op. Awful. Could not sleep, pain was awful, painkillers made me dizzy.

4.Second night...not so bad.

5.Have been discharged, and at home now, Hand's stiff, mostly in a sling., some pain. First check next week.

Nena Camadera    63
Nena Camadera

Sorry I'm just now getting back with you.  Glad to hear you're (mostly) okay, Boss.  Good luck with the recovery-surgery to get a plate put in your radius sounds absolutely terrifying to me, so you're a much braver person that I am.