Community Message: We're currently in the middle of our donation drive. For those willing to send a donation, we ask that you use the feature in the sidebar to send a donation. For those who send a donation, a donation badge will be featured in your profile next to every message you post. members can dismiss this message by clicking on the 'x' in the upper-right corner. Donations are used for hosting fees, license renewal for the forum software and domain name renewal.

Sign in to follow this  
Keiichi Morisato

Kousuke Fujishima Sued by Former Fiancé

Imaginos1892    21
Imaginos1892
4 hours ago, Urd said:

But don't try to make good of a guy who did the things he did, pls.

I'm not. If even some of that is true, he's been a sleaze. But the courts have much more important things to do than waste time with whiny people suing each other over breakups. Next thing you know, they really will be suing each other because a date was disappointing.

4 hours ago, Urd said:

Don't try to ridicularize things.

Why not? Just from your examples things are already ridicularized far beyond my poor ability to add or detract. Here, have a few more:

A burglar sued a restaurant after falling through a skylight while breaking into the building.

An idiot tried to rob a gun store, shot at the owner and missed, then sued him for being a much better shot. (rob a GUN STORE? Almost a Darwin Award right there!)

A burglar sued a family for injuries sustained while running away from their cat. Well, he was a pretty big cat, and he got a good piece of the burglar's leg.

A 19-year-old kid's parents sued the city, claiming a line on the pavement was painted wrong, after he crashed his motorcycle racing through downtown at over 80 MPH (130 KPH), drunk, at 2 AM.

Urd    52
Urd
46 minutes ago, Imaginos1892 said:

Why not? Just from your examples things are already ridicularized far beyond my poor ability to add or detract. Here, have a few more:

Because, like i said, and differently from the other ridiculous cases, the fact that the woman IS probably wrecked is there. 

Keiichi Morisato    422
Keiichi Morisato

While I'll be the first to defend the woman if she has actually suffered mental anguish, just from what little has been revealed, I don't see it rising to the level of mental anguish. We live in a world where women are free to make their own decisions, just like men. But, I still don't know. It just seems that she is a scorned lover who is just being spiteful to hurt Fujishima-san in the wallet as payback for spurning her. The thing is, these type of lawsuits are common in Japan, from what I have learned and they are usually brought forth by married couples. Here in the United States, it would be tough to prove mental anguish between couples and that if the couple isn't married, it's doubtful that such a lawsuit would ever reach a courtroom.

I think, in the end, that the lawsuit will either end up getting tossed by the courts or there may be a sealed confidential settlement between Fujishima-san and his ex-girlfriend.

winedrinkingcritic    22
winedrinkingcritic

Here, I commemorated the event. Nothing terrible, just slightly comedic and sympathetic towards Kosuke Fujishima's dilemma.