Community Message: We're currently in the middle of our donation drive. For those willing to send a donation, we ask that you use the feature in the sidebar to send a donation. For those who send a donation, a donation badge will be featured in your profile next to every message you post. members can dismiss this message by clicking on the 'x' in the upper-right corner. Donations are used for hosting fees, license renewal for the forum software and domain name renewal.

Sign in to follow this  
Keiichi Morisato

What are your favorite LIVE albums?

Keiichi Morisato    423
Keiichi Morisato

With the unlimited amount of music out there, what are your top favorite live albums that are on your "must listen to" list? Mine?

1. Peter Frampton - Frampton Comes Alive
  2. Pink Floyd - Pulse
  3. Jimmy Buffett - Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays
  4. The Concert for New York City
  5. Johnny Cash - Live at Folsom Prison
  6. Tesla - Five man Acoustical jam LIVE
  7. Woodstock - Three Days of Peace and Music
  8. Elton John - 60 Live at Madison Square Garden

bejay53    7
bejay53

Gotta be "The Allman brothers,...Live at the Filmore".

Imaginos1892    22
Imaginos1892

Blue Oyster Cult — On Your Feet Or On Your Knees. The 14-minute version of 7 Screaming Diz-Busters is a trip.

Pat Benatar — Live From Earth (mainly because it's got the studio tracks Love Is A Battlefield and Lipstick Lies which aren't on any other album)

Live albums are not really my thing. The crowd noise, the idiots screaming for attention…I just want to hear the band.

Edited by Imaginos1892

Keiichi Morisato    423
Keiichi Morisato

I'm the same way. There are some bands and groups that I don't really care for the live albums because it just doesn't sound right. Garth Brooks, Jimmy Buffett, Coldplay, Train, Genesis, Phil Collins, Simple Minds are just a few examples of some bands that have awesome live shows and live albums. While others like Imagine Dragons just don't work well since their live versions of their songs are drastically different than their studio recordings with tempos being offbeat and off cue, you can't sing along. The best type of live album isn't the screaming but rather the audience participation when they sing along to the songs, that is what sends chills down my spine, when they sing along to the chorus. This can be felt with live acts like Garth Brooks - Double Live album and Jimmy Buffett - Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays album.