Community Message: We're currently in the middle of our donation drive. For those willing to send a donation, we ask that you use the feature in the sidebar to send a donation. For those who send a donation, a donation badge will be featured in your profile next to every message you post. members can dismiss this message by clicking on the 'x' in the upper-right corner. Donations are used for hosting fees, license renewal for the forum software and domain name renewal.

Urd no Aikousha

Online Sources for Japanese Manga, etc.

8 posts in this topic Last Reply

Urd no Aikousha

Hello minna-san,

I've been out of touch from the physical world for a while so my sources are all stale.

Anyone know the best place to order the original Japanese manga (and other collectibles)?

All Glory to Urd-sama!

Keiichi Morisato

I'll try to to create a guide for you here.

http://www.yesasia.com

This site sells both the original Japanese edition of the manga as well as the Korean version of the manga. When shopping there, examine each listing carefully. The Korean version of the manga will have enlarged or 'fat' logo's for the manga title whereas the original Japanese version of the manga will have a thinner logo. To see what I'm talking about:

Untitled-2.png

If you notice the logo for 'Ah! Megami-sama', you'll notice this is the Korean version and that the logo is enlarged and fat. They also have the publisher listed as 'Jonsky". Notice the logo on the cover above? It's in Korean, not Japanese. The original manga will not have the Korean Ah! Megami-sama logo printed on the cover.

The original manga volume will have a smaller logo for 'Ah! Megami-sama' and in the original hirigana Japanese lettering, like it's shown below. The original covers will only have the Japanese hiragana logo on the cover:

14.gif

When shopping for original Ah! My Goddess manga volumes, refer to the following cover image gallery:

http://goddess-project.net/articles/ams-manga.html/

I'll try to post some other alternatives for you to use, but it may take a short while. Just remember, when in doubt, culsult our site or check the articles listed in the links on the homepage. The English version of the manga will include the original Japanese logo as well as the 'Oh My Goddess' logo on it.

If you can order from Amazon Japan, they also sell every volume of the manga series. But, you may need to click on the link on Amazon Japan to convert the site to English.

• Upvote 1

Urd no Aikousha

Thank you very much, Keiichi-san, you are very kind. I was about to place my order with Amazon Japan just now. I'll check out yesasia too now that you've jogged my memory. 

Imaginos1892

Amazon US has some items, and there is an outfit called Right Stuf that has some good prices and some high prices. I got all 6 (so far) Oh My Goddess! Omnibus Volumes there for $15 each, Yoko Ishida's 'All Of Me' CD for $3, with 'Open Your Mind' and a few other tracks from Ah! My Goddess.

Check their sales and clearance events, too.

• Upvote 1

Keiichi Morisato

the thing about Right Stuf is that they only sell translated anime and manga. I doubt they sell original Japanese merchandise. But, I would also try Robert's Anime Corner. They may have some merchandise. I'm going to search for some other sites and see what I can dig up but you're very welcome, @Urd no Aikousha. There are some sites that I'm familiar with, I just have to dig out the site addresses.

Keiichi Morisato

I was doing some additional searching and found two surprise auctions on eBay with two sellers who have 100% feedback, and a lot of feedback at that. One seller has a collection of 12 original manga volumes and the other auction has 25 volumes of the manga, all for a low price. I'd also check these out as well:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Ah-My-Goddess-Japanese-Manga-Lot-12-Books/232548219025?hash=item3624f43891:g:RF8AAOSw~e5ZWbaH

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Lot-25-Ah-My-Goddess-Japanese-Manga-Comic-Graphic-Novels-1-27-Kosuke-Fujishima/272927266135?hash=item3f8bbb9557:g:yaEAAOSwdGFYuwZ4

Urd no Aikousha

Thank you @Imaginos1892! Oh my, it seems I have a bit of catching up to do... :laugh:

Keiichi Morisato

There are something like 48 volumes of the manga series. I just hope that Fujishima-san realizes that he has yet to hit a manga as popular as Ah! My Goddess was and bring back that manga series. I would love to see the series continue after the events in chapter 308. Better yet, to convince Kodansha and Fujishima-san to greenlight a new season for the anime series.