Community Message: We're currently in the middle of our donation drive. For those willing to send a donation, we ask that you use the feature in the sidebar to send a donation. For those who send a donation, a donation badge will be featured in your profile next to every message you post. members can dismiss this message by clicking on the 'x' in the upper-right corner. Donations are used for hosting fees, license renewal for the forum software and domain name renewal.

Sign in to follow this  
Keiichi Morisato

Fansubs, Streaming Services, Downloads: Do you still engage?

7 posts in this topic Last Reply

Keiichi Morisato

I'm taking an unofficial poll to see if anyone from our community still download and watches anime fansubs? While I mostly download anime to watch on my HDTV, I'm curious how many of our members still download anime fansubs or do you prefer streaming anime services?

Sugoi

I still use streaming sites.

Participation in fansubbing is impossible for me due to the lack of free time, unfortunately.

Keiichi Morisato

What I meant was if anyone still downloaded fansub anime, of course. :laugh:

grayfox123

For now, just strictly streaming....and yes, i do watch fansubs.

My problem with downloading is simple: sometimes you download this interesting anime, with the intention of watching it later...and then you forget.

To give an example, I  downloaded Kannagi-Crazy Shrine maidens some time ago...AND i haven't yet  finished watching it!

Edited by grayfox123

winedrinkingcritic

I stopped downloading everything years ago. Like grayfox123 just said, you spend more time collecting for reference than you do watching.

• Upvote 1

bejay53

I no longer download. I have a backlog on crunchyroll, HIDIVE and funimation that I can't get thru.

if something interests me, I'll go find it and watch online.

If I could find all that is currently shown on Amazon Prime, I'd go for it. I refuse to pay the Prime double paywall. I buy enough from Amazon, but not enough to justify Prime for shipping.

• Upvote 1

Keiichi Morisato

Personally, I still use some sites like BakaBT and Nyaa. I remember back in the day when AnimeSuki used to be the major player in anime fansubs. I don't know, I guess I've always enjoyed fansubs because I don't have to worry about interruptions in online streaming or have to sit through commercial ads.