Community Message: We're currently in the middle of our donation drive. For those willing to send a donation, we ask that you use the feature in the sidebar to send a donation. For those who send a donation, a donation badge will be featured in your profile next to every message you post. members can dismiss this message by clicking on the 'x' in the upper-right corner. Donations are used for hosting fees, license renewal for the forum software and domain name renewal.

Sign in to follow this  
Keiichi Morisato

Winter Wonderland: It's Snowing

10 posts in this topic Last Reply

Keiichi Morisato

Well, for the past two days, it's been snowing here. It seems to come later and later each year. I remember when we used to get snow in October. Then, as the years went by, and the decades, we wouldn't get snow until November and now it doesn't start falling until December. One thing I don't look forward to? When it gets so cold that even when you have the heat turned up, it's still cold. Better yet? When the inclement weather is so bad that it knocks out your power, or the neighborhood's power for days on end. Then, there's the obligatory winter storm, or blizzard, that blocks everything in and you have to wait from anywhere from a few days to as long as a week or two before country officials decide it's bad enough to send the plow trucks out.

What about you? How's the weather? Better yet, share your experiences. Turn this into a real discussion topic. :blushing:

Keiichi Morisato

Sheesh! It's been snowing here in Michigan all day and we already have at least 3-4 inches and it's still snowing. It's going to be one of those winter seasons. I'll post pics tomorrow.

Keiichi Morisato

These past two weeks have been absolutely miserable for me. Here in Michigan, we've had sub zero temperatures, the worst ever. Ranging from two below zero to as low as 15-18 below zero. This has been about a week straight. The only good news on the horizon is that we're supposed to get warmer temperatures from 14 degrees to as high as in the 20's. Definitely a lot better than it has recently been.

Imaginos1892

Now that brings back memories…I grew up in Michigan. Visited the family for two weeks in February one year and it didn't get above 10 F the whole time.

Hey, I didn't say they were GOOD memories…
———————————
Helga and her trained Zealand soldiers were Plan A. Michael and I were, at best, Plan O — for Oh Shit.

— from Chapter 6 of my alternate ending to John Wyndham's 'The Chrysalids'

winedrinkingcritic

he he he... you live in Michigan?... my director friend Josh Becker lives in Michigan... small world...

Keiichi Morisato

Yeah, I was born in Detroit but I've lived in Flint all my life. Trust me, I've seen all kinds of bad weather here, most of it in the middle of winter. But, these brutal below zero temps are something else.

Adelance

Here in Cleveland its been snowing practically since the beginning of the year.  It took a break for a day, just long enough for all the snow to melt (almost t-shirt weather), then promptly went back to rain, then freezing rain, and back to snow again.  

Imaginos1892

Here in San Diego it was a little over 80 today, with a few clouds. :tongue:

HotelKatz

For the last week, the snow melted and it rose up to the fifties where I live.

Then over the weekend, the snow returned in full force.

Keiichi Morisato

@HotelKatz, same thing happened here and it's still snowing. This year, I don't think the snow is going away as fast as it did in previous years.