Community Message: We're currently in the middle of our donation drive. For those willing to send a donation, we ask that you use the feature in the sidebar to send a donation. For those who send a donation, a donation badge will be featured in your profile next to every message you post. members can dismiss this message by clicking on the 'x' in the upper-right corner. Donations are used for hosting fees, license renewal for the forum software and domain name renewal.

Imaginos1892

What's Your Guilty Pleasure?

10 posts in this topic Last Reply

Imaginos1892

That's right, the anime you know a lot of people won't approve of, but you just can't help watching. Here's a start:

1. Sekirei

2. High School DxD

3. Cat Planet Cuties

4. Maken-Ki

5. Dragon Ball

• Upvote 1

Urd

1 - Evangelion, both the series and the movie (full of symbolisms)

2 - Utena, both the series and the movie (more the movie thou...completed soaking in symbolism)

3 - Tenchi Muyo / AMG XD

grayfox123
7 hours ago, Imaginos1892 said:

That's right, the anime you know a lot of people won't approve of, but you just can't help watching. Here's a start:

1. Sekirei

2. High School DxD

3. Cat Planet Cuties

4. Maken-Ki

5. Dragon Ball

Sekirei and High school  dxd are great anime.... with lots of drama! 

Don't be ashamed of them

Regarding the topic, watching anime in general is a guilty pleasure, since I am supposed to have stopped watching 'cartoons ' at my age. :grin:(and according to my younger sister, it is just a strange habit!) 

But to be more specific 

Hinako note. 

Nyanko days! 

Urara meirochou 

In other words, anime with high sugar content. 

(Watch and you shall see!) 

RoxasMark

1.-Monster Musume no Iru Nichijō (because how the hell would you admit to anyone you like this shit with out them thinking "what's wrong with you?)

2.-Hajimete no gal (for obvious reasons)

3.-Galaxy Angel (it's hard to explain this anime's humor)

4.-Shimoneta

5.-Getsuyōbi no Tawawa

It's not that am a pervert, I think am in the average to any guy, but thanks to the power of the internet, I can open my chest anonymously here.

Now, I know you didn't ask for this, but for animes I proudly talk about are:
1.-FLCL

2.-Tatamy Galaxy

3.-Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso

4.-Dennō Coil

5.-Nichijou

post-4505-0-92585800-1349041060.gifpost-4505-0-92585800-1349041060.gif

• Upvote 1

Imaginos1892

Well, I have to add a few more:

Monster Musume - RoxasMark hit that one on the head

The Freezing OVAs are nothing but ecchi with only the thinnest of rationalizations.
The voice actresses must have been concentrating quite hard on their paychecks to get through them.

A Sister's All You Need goes too, too far. All guilt, very little pleasure, from what I've seen of the first episode.
That editor should have told him, "Maybe our target audience ARE a bunch of perverted little wankers like you, BUT WE'RE NOT GOING TO BE THAT BLATANT ABOUT IT!!"

Edited by Imaginos1892
  • Upvote 1

Urd

Ikkitousen - fanservice anime to the limit. 

All pieces of clothes from the female characters explode during the fights. The bra's and panties are usually the first ones to go.

Actually is one of those cases where the anime completely butchered the manga, which actually has a very nice story (and never, EVER, touch Ikkitousen american translated manga. It will traumatize you.)

It's based on the Romance of the Three Kingdom's, with loads of historical references.

IdiAmeanDada

Vandread is probably #1 on my list, although its not near as ecchi as almost all of the ones that have been listed.  Monster Musume and Cat Planet Cuties follow close behind.  Ai Yori Aoshi is one that I recently watched as well.  I was a little disappointed that they did not complete it as they did in the Manga.  Also, the anime implied twice that Kaoru and Aoi went all the way, but we know from the manga that they did not fully consummate their relationship until the very end.

I started watching Ikkitousen, but have not gotten far on it, and not sure if I want to continue.  The story is not good. 

(I remember playing the Romance of the Three Kingdom games on PC and NES when I was much younger.)

• Upvote 1

Imaginos1892
On 12/31/2017 at 12:09 PM, IdiAmeanDada said:

Vandread is probably #1 on my list, although its not near as ecchi as almost all of the ones that have been listed. 

Oh come on. What's guilty about VanDread? Well, maybe Jura's dress. It's just a fun anime, with a fair amount of depth if you look for it.

Edited by Imaginos1892

Imaginos1892

Rosario + Vampire.

Panty shots in almost every scene! It's Guilty!

Edited by Imaginos1892

Imaginos1892

Girls Bravo!

Mostly guilt, very little pleasure. The damn story never goes anywhere! Just seems to repeat the same few jokes over and over.

Maybe it gets better after the first 10 episodes or so? That's when I gave up on it.