Community Message: We're currently in the middle of our donation drive. For those willing to send a donation, we ask that you use the feature in the sidebar to send a donation. For those who send a donation, a donation badge will be featured in your profile next to every message you post. members can dismiss this message by clicking on the 'x' in the upper-right corner. Donations are used for hosting fees, license renewal for the forum software and domain name renewal.

Sign in to follow this  
Gold Saint

bell and keichi kissing over water

20 posts in this topic Last Reply

L3g0la5

don't cha just love clingy kid sisters :p

Avinash_Tyagi
The story you're talking about is "Let Flowers Bloom." Keiichi and Belldandy go out on a date and then kiss for the first time. It's the story Keiichi-chan described. Actually, they used to kiss all the time. It was usually Bell kissing Keiichi. She used to be fairly aggressive that way. I miss the old Bell.

Even then they only kissed like twice, not that often really, even then it was still the same type of stuff it is with her hugging him, it usually only occurs after she becomes overjoyed, usually finding out he's safe or that he says he wants to be with her forever, etc. Though these were more responses of joy, rather than agressive, flirty responses.

Come to think, it was always Belle kissing Keiichi. I think fans everywhere were just waiting for Keiichi to take the initiative for once. B)

The only time we've seen K1 show similar levels of emotion is at the end of the Queen Sayako arc

Edited by Avinash_Tyagi

Timotheus

Early in the manga Keiichi was always trolling for kisses, only there seemed to be a sort of reverse "System Force" that intervened when it looked like it might happen. After Urd's arrival, she became the chief source of romatise interuptus in Keiichi's world, inspite of her always encouraging him.

When Skuld arrived Keiichi was faced with the probability of actual pain when trying to smooch, and as Pavlov's experiments showed you can be trained to avoid or seek things depending on the reward or punishment.

So, in addition to the normal Japanese reluctance toward public kissing and Keiichi's personal hesitancy toward declaring his feelings, my theory is that he's been conditioned to not try and kiss Belldandy unless she starts it. I also believe that there is probably some kissing, handholding, and/or other romancing going on between them at the current point in the manga (as evidenced by their seemingly being more comfortable together), but its visually more fun to depict the failures than the successes and this is a comedy manga, so Mr. Fujishima would be far more likely to include missed moments (like in the Futon cabinet in the Gate arc than kiss and tell.

back to my hole.

• Upvote 1

Avinash_Tyagi
Early in the manga Keiichi was always trolling for kisses, only there seemed to be a sort of reverse "System Force" that intervened when it looked like it might happen. After Urd's arrival, she became the chief source of romatise interuptus in Keiichi's world, inspite of her always encouraging him.

When Skuld arrived Keiichi was faced with the probability of actual pain when trying to smooch, and as Pavlov's experiments showed you can be trained to avoid or seek things depending on the reward or punishment.

So, in addition to the normal Japanese reluctance toward public kissing and Keiichi's personal hesitancy toward declaring his feelings, my theory is that he's been conditioned to not try and kiss Belldandy unless she starts it. I also believe that there is probably some kissing, handholding, and/or other romancing going on between them at the current point in the manga (as evidenced by their seemingly being more comfortable together), but its visually more fun to depict the failures than the successes and this is a comedy manga, so Mr. Fyjishima would be far more likely to include missed moments (like in the Futon cabinet in the Gate arc than kiss and tell.

back to my hole.

You know that theory has actually crossed my mind a few times in the past, it does make some sense considering his track record, and yeah like i've been saying they have become more comfortable with each other in the recent arc where K1 built the sea doo bike K1 was ready to embrace Bell after he realized she had been worried about his safety, and raced down to check on him (only to have Chihiro interrupt), whether that means they are actually romancing off screen, or if its just that they've reached the point where they're ready to actually take that step and become more open with their relationship/feelings remains to be seen.

Guest .Keiichi
Come to think, it was always Belle kissing Keiichi. I think fans everywhere were just waiting for Keiichi to take the initiative for once. B)

The day he does, is the day I gain a Gatling Gun. :p Even in the anime, it's really hard for him to even do it. I counted at least....nine times that he could've done it within a few episodes.

dronedevil

i seen him kissing belldandy over water on chapter 11 also but ive only started reading the manga so unsure about further volumes

Avinash_Tyagi

Well like i've said, he's just not as openly emotional as Bell, who tends to hug and kiss him only when she gets emotional

Guest Miso

OOOH!! I know! It was when K1 tripped on the soda can and then Bell saved him and she kissed him while floating and all the flowers popped up and it was like POW POW POW and then she passed out from lack of energy. xD