Community Message: We're currently in the middle of our donation drive. For those willing to send a donation, we ask that you use the feature in the sidebar to send a donation. For those who send a donation, a donation badge will be featured in your profile next to every message you post. members can dismiss this message by clicking on the 'x' in the upper-right corner. Donations are used for hosting fees, license renewal for the forum software and domain name renewal.

Sign in to follow this  
David-san

Keiichi's Immortality?

25 posts in this topic Last Reply

David-san

This my first attempt at starting a new thread, so dont kill me if I get it wrong the first time. Having said that I will continue with the subject at hand.

I have been reading a few OMG fanfics over the last several weeks and it got me thinking something rather curious. In most of the stories I read, Keichi was immortal or became immortal. So this got me started if it is possible that Keichi may be immortal. Let me explain why.

First: The wording of the wish itself. Keichi wished for a goddess like you to stay with me forever. That last part is very intresting. If the system force assures that a wish will be upheld, wouldnt it make sense that that very same force, in order to make sure that Bell and K1 stay, would grant K1 immortality? Even with the system force down, the effect from the get go already took place and couldnt be reversed.

Second: K1 has been the victim of Urds thunder bolts and Skulds Bombs. Now granted it is a manga and in that world anything goes. But what if for a minute, we thought about if it was the real world. In that scenario, K1 should already be dead. The fact that he survived many of these attacks relatively unscathed, leads me to be believe that he may be immortal.

I have some more ideas why he is immortal but Ill wait until I hear everybody elses opinions.

• Upvote 1

Ronin She-Wolf

Hmm, I'd say that's doubtful. Recall in Volume 21# of the dubbed series: Peorth and Keiichi have a conversation about the goddesses' immortality. He asks about the contract, and Peorth puts it bluntly:

"It is your destiny to be together... for the rest of your life... but not hers."

Keiichi admits this does sadden him. However, he also wonders if it isn't worse for Bell, since she'll be left behind. To which Peorth replies that she finally understands why Belldandy loves him so much. :wub:

I'd say that conversation says it all.

Edited by Ronin She-Wolf
  • Upvote 1

David-san

Yes, I thought about that conversation as well. The only thing I can think of is that the goddesses themselves are not aware of this side-effect of the wish. Belldandy herself said that the system force was stronger than her and could not do anything to stop it. If you go along this train of thought, one can say that the goddesses are'nt 100 percent sure how the system force works. That there can be side-effects they are not aware of.

• Upvote 1

General Starr

Well, baased on K1's wish, it might be that he is inadvertently given a ticket to eternal life...by Bell's side, of course. just think of the parameter FOREVER.

Time for some hax :devil:

A Mainframe-class Data/TelCom server somewhere with a rather 'invalid' looking IP address (WTH? It's not showing??) had this in a particular database... strange parameters, though.

GRO_ContractData.YDFXM

Commercial

1_Top_prio_/Approved

Belldandy

Class=1_/Cat=2_/Restrictions=none

Keiichi_Morisato

Y

Other

I wish that a goddess like you to stay by my side forever!

Belldandy_!WishGrantor_/FinalApprovalVerified

Stay_by_side_of_*ClientName*

Forever_/as stated by client

!NoContractTerminationPoint!

Yes_/!Client_ONLY!

Y

Y

Y

Yep paste in notepad and change file_ext to .xml and it will work XD

If you think of it, forever has no end at all unless contracting parties will terminate said contract, since they are the only persons/beings allowed to do so.

Well, that and a server wipe lol...

..But it also depends on how Fujishima-san runs the story... after all, it's an irritating yet neverending love story XD

Edited by asakayosapro

Badi Yee

protection from heaven?

granted that let's say, his wish got granted, the ultimate system would make sure that he lives for as long as his natural fateline would let him to, no?

i need to think deeper on this, i'm very sure there is a "fated" timeline of natural death (maximum lifespan of a person), in that sense.

Kleo

Well, it seems to me that Keiichi survived being fried by lightnings, bombs and anything else because he's the main character (same thing as why Bell is always a winner). No Keiichi - no manga (and anime). He will live until the end of the series. Making him immortal wouldn't be a good choice as this series is about an average college student, right? However there is a chance that Takano is not a human being, so Keiichi possibly have some immortal genes.

Timotheus

Peorth has as good as said Keiichi is mortal and fated to die, and that he and Belldandy's contract only lasts for HIS natural lifespan.

As for the other comment, all systems have a finite lifespan, including the universe (either heat death or cyclic collapse). There have been many theorectical estimates made, but the average one I've heard is that under ideal conditions and absolute health, a human being could live to almost 200 years. But this is just one of many, I've also heard good arguements for 135 and 350 years. In the wild, it was estimated a precivilized human that survived adolescence could live to 40-50 years (male) 30 - 55 (female)

• Upvote 1

morisato_kun

eeeeto

What if Belldandy decide to die with him to follow him whatever he goes???

MK

Ben

I came to the following conclusions (abridged)

Keiichi became immortal as he stated his wish

Keiichi will become immortal when he dies

[Keiichi has to kill himself] - no explanation found yet, therefore in brackets

Nevertheless linguistically you cannot, never ever fall for a goddess (you can not fall , because she's higher; if you trace the origin of those words, it makes sense)

-> It is said, that Jesus had been exalted (by...) when he was crucified (that's why I came up with the idea of dying)

Urd's thunder bolts: Are there to punish, therefore it may be high frequent- high voltage, painful but not lethal

(That's what I could imagine)

Samindalnac

I have reservations regarding the genetic makeup of K1, however we wont know more about this until Fujishima-san decides to reintroduce Takano and Keima. With all of this being said though, the phrasing of the wish is very ambiguous and can be taken in any number of ways. This is probably how it was written though. I don't think that immortality is an option but I think that there will be some twist of Fate.

:p

David-san

It seems that there might be a few holes in my theory. The only thing though that keeps me thinking that keichi may be immortal is the other fact of how he seems relatively comfortable around magic. Other people would be driven to insanity if they saw half of what K1 has seen. Here something else, magical or spiritual beings seemed to be attracted to him. In the "Fallen Angel" chapter in vol. 10 dark horse edition of the manga, Shiho Sakakibara called some low level spirits and K1 comments "why do these things always like me so much?" Its all speculation and just thinking out loud, but there has to be something unique or special about K1 that may eventually lead to his immortality. :zorro:

Avinash_Tyagi

Well the question has to first find out about Takano and her nature, as my theory is she might be part goddess, in which case K1 might have an Aragon type thing going where he has a vstly expanded lifespan.

Also if K1 were to die, what would happen to Bell, since my guess is she probably wouldn't live very long herself after he passed on, and probably wouldn't want to.