Community Message: We're currently in the middle of our donation drive. For those willing to send a donation, we ask that you use the feature in the sidebar to send a donation. For those who send a donation, a donation badge will be featured in your profile next to every message you post. members can dismiss this message by clicking on the 'x' in the upper-right corner. Donations are used for hosting fees, license renewal for the forum software and domain name renewal.

Goddess Relief Office
Sign in to follow this  
Keiichi Morisato

Untitled Story

Keiichi Morisato    418
Keiichi Morisato

== Untitled Book ==

All Characters, situations and ideas derived from within this posting are copyright 1966-2006, Mark J Talmadge.

All Rights Reserved.

He didn't understand the reason, looking up from his journal as he wiped the sweat from his forehead. The room was barely lit from the wavering candleflame that was dancing on the candle, causing the shadows to flicker across the back wall. The elder man, some would estimate in his late 60's, just glanced up slightly from his steel-rimmed glasses, as he sought the solace the winter seasons often gave him. The windowsill was covered with freshly fallen snow and he couldn't shake the slight chill that he felt on his skin.

Leaning back in his chair, he sighed. "Damn. Never knew that would happen. How could I have been so careless?" He mused to himself as he rubbed his forehead with his right hand. The cool chill caused his hands to shiver as he tried to shake it off.

"Something wrong?" A mysterious voice poised the question to the old man.

He frowned, watching the thin red light bounce back and forth like some children tossing a ball back and forth. There was the noticeable hum of the engine in the air as he sat upright and thumped his fist on the desk. "Don't you have something better to do than to bother me at this hour?"

"You're worried, aren't you?" The familiar voice answered back, the shadowy outline of his companion replying from the darkness. "You already know what you're going to do about this problem. "Princess Kom'r needs your guidance and it's time that you told her the truth."

"Thanks," he mused to himself, wondering if he made a mistake by accepting the proposal that Princess Kom'r asked him about. She had turned into a beautiful young lady but it was time that she returned home. That wasn't the problem. The problem was getting her there in one piece. His ship was barely functional and the fact that the barren world they were living on was barely hospital and that he would need to get the ship fully functional in order to get past the blockades happened to be the real problem. "The ship's barely operable and there's only one person I trust but I haven't talked to him ever since the incident on Onderon."

The familiar hum appeared from the darkness, a small, metallic orb that seemed to hover in mid-air as the old man sat back in his chair, thumbing the odd communications panel attached to his desk. "You made a promise. The Guardians are expecting your return and with Princess Kom'r, there's no other hope left in the universe if she doesn't return."

"I know," he replied. "But, that doesn't make things any easier."

"She knows her duty," the other explained. "Danir is still expecting your call and I think the ship is functional enough to reach Port H'dir for repairs."

The old man smiled. More at the very idea of his subdued companion than anything else. "Since when did you become so sentimental?"

"Don't you worry about that. Besides, some of my circuits need to be replaced and this is the perfect opportunity to not only upgrade the weapons system and the software but to also acquire for me some much needed replaceable circuits for my mainframe."

"I suppose. At any rate, contact Danir on a secure channel and let her know that we'll be arriving within the next few days," the old man answered, rubbing the ache in the back of his neck before he remembered something important. "By the way, don't mention any details, just to be prepared for our arrival within the week. I don't want anyone easedropping on our communication and realizing that we're still around."

The other whirled around and headed for the door. "I'll let her know. Any other details?"

"None right now," he said. "Let her know that we'll contact her once again prior to our arrival."

It wouldn't be until later the following day when the old man woke from his slumber. The neccessary permits had already been logged by SpacePort Flight Control Services and the only thing he needed to do was to square things off with the dockmaster and give them an estimate to the length of their trip. It wasn't so much of a trip where he was concerned, but since he was living here on this quaint little moon. While he was living on this barren world, there was a SpacePort located in orbit around Delvus Seven, which was responsible for controlling all space traffic in this sector of space. Delvus Seven wasn't on the main shipping lines but it was a moderately sized planet and those that made it way out on the outer fringes of the galaxy would find this world a very enjoyable vacation spot.

The only problem was that when the climate changed for each season, that large pressure domes would be enacted over the few remaining cityscapes while the natural seasonal changes occured to the planet. They tended to be a bit on the hazardous size of nature and could last for as long as several days but would never harm the changes in Delvus Seven's habitable climate.