SUPPORT: We're in the middle of the donation drive for the site. If you're able to help support our community by sending a donation to the site, please use the Paypal donation sidebar feature. Remember, your support helps keep us funded and allows us to provide our community with features such as an image hosting gallery, community forums and more.

Welcome to Goddess Relief Office

Welcome to Goddess Relief Office, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Goddess Relief Office by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create your own image gallery and upload images
  • Post status updates and much more

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ojiisan7

Which Angel is most appealing, and why?

54 posts in this topic

I don't think we'll get much mileage outta this topic, but I'll present it anyway. Which of the Goddess Angels do you like the most, and for what reasons?

Let's see...we have Holy Bell (also called Blessed Bell), World of Elegance, Noble Scarlet, Gorgeous Rose, and the twin Mints, Cool and Spear. (Did I miss any?) Personally, I think they're all extremely charming, but of course I have my preferences. Mine are Noble Scarlet, because she's so darned cute, and because she's so devoted to her Skuld; and World of Elegance, because her name befits her. For me, one of the more memorable scenes in the Movie is when titanic Elegance rises up above and behind Urd, with arms raised skyward, her black-white hair flowing free, and singing in mighty chorus with the others, the powerful Goddess Song.

And a secondary, perhaps moot, question is: who is the most talkative? I think part of the appeal of the Angels is that, unlike most women, they don't have a lot to say. (Harken ye! Are those the hoofbeats of horses I hear, galloping thunderously toward me, under the fearsome Lady Riders Aster, Kleo, and She-Wolf?)

Edited by ojiisan

I think nobody will be surprised when if I say that my favourite is World Of Elegance. She is unique because of her dual nature. She is beautiful and stylish. And, as we can see in the movie, she is not just a part of Urd, she's an independent, but faithful partner.

As for the second question, I don't remember any of them talking. Noble Scarlet shows more initiative than others, that's all, I think. As for it being appealing, I just don't know. Some women (as well as men) talk too much when they shouldn't. But we don't know what the angels would say or if they belong to that category of persons who are better when they're quiet.

Gotta say Holy Bell because she is a part of Belldandy and shares her personality

Add another vote each for Noble Scarlet and World of Elegance, for all the reasons ojiisan cited, with Gorgeous Rose coming in third.

And has any of the angels ever said anything? If so, I don't recall.

I think nobody will be surprised when if I say that my favourite is World Of Elegance. She is unique because of her dual nature. She is beautiful and stylish. And, as we can see in the movie, she is not just a part of Urd, she's an independent, but faithful partner.

As for the second question, I don't remember any of them talking. Noble Scarlet shows more initiative than others, that's all, I think. As for it being appealing, I just don't know. Some women (as well as men) talk too much when they shouldn't. But we don't know what the angels would say or if they belong to that category of persons who are better when they're quiet.

Yes, Elegance is wonderful....and so is Urd, whom the Angel reflects.

Kleo, the second question isn't serious. We know that Fuji's Angels open their mouths to sing, laugh, or cry noiselessly, but not to speak. I raised the question only to give me a lead-in to my jest on women.

I heard a remark long ago that "Silence is golden." After some reflection, I've concluded that often it's true: better at times to be still, and to leave some things unspoken. Or, as a wag once said, "It's sometimes better to be quiet and have people think you might be a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt."

Edited by ojiisan

Add another vote each for Noble Scarlet and World of Elegance, for all the reasons ojiisan cited, with Gorgeous Rose coming in third.

And has any of the angels ever said anything? If so, I don't recall.

Holy Bell said Waah when Sayoko said she looked fake

Holy Bell said Waah when Sayoko said she looked fake

Yeah, I recall that now. In retrospect, that was pretty funny. Leave it to ol' Sayoko to get her digs in!

Kleo, the second question isn't serious.

I know. ;) But why not discuss it anyway?

As my current avatar shows, "World of Elegance" rates high in my book: between her dual nature and her dramatic manga debut, she's all kinds of awesome. I also love Holy Bell for her windy nature, and the twins simply because I think have dual angels would be really something. Needless to say, if angel eggs were available from Amazon.com, I'd have my credit card ready. :angel:

Curious why they don't speak. Although their pantomime qualities do make them all the more endearing, I can't help but wonder how exactly they communicate with their goddesses. Is it sort of an instinctive understanding, or is there a manner of telepathy involved?

And a secondary, perhaps moot, question is: who is the most talkative? I think part of the appeal of the Angels is that, unlike most women, they don't have a lot to say. (Harken ye! Are those the hoofbeats of horses I hear, galloping thunderously toward me, under the fearsome Lady Riders Aster, Kleo, and She-Wolf?)

Two words: Tatawaki Kuno.

Heh. :p

"It's sometimes better to be quiet and have people think you might be a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt."

Aw, but where's the fun in that? *gallops past on full speed*

As for the topic, I'm must say that Noble Scarlet is my favourite, hands down. Apart from being just lovely, she showed some free will and adorable good intentions, which is what I would really like to see more from all of the angels. All other angels, except for WoE have shown just about zero personality and they are not that interesting when they are reduced to just pretty women growing out of other pretty women's backs...

Two words: Tatawaki Kuno.

Heh. :p

OK, camels instead.

Angels don't talk, but can make small sounds.

They are seperate beings, but at the same time when paired with a goddess are completely integrated with that goddess intellectually and emotionally.

They communicate directly to their goddess, the implication being its not like a voice in their head but rather at a more emotional level, the knowledge is just there and the goddess knows it.

Aren't you forgetting Blue Lance? She's an angel now too.

And a even more obtuse question is are angels tasty and which one tastes the best?