Community Message: We're currently in the middle of our donation drive. For those willing to send a donation, we ask that you use the feature in the sidebar to send a donation. For those who send a donation, a donation badge will be featured in your profile next to every message you post. members can dismiss this message by clicking on the 'x' in the upper-right corner. Donations are used for hosting fees, license renewal for the forum software and domain name renewal.

Sign in to follow this  
littlefishie

AMG Fanfic Recommendations

littlefishie    3
littlefishie

As the anime is being released, I'm betting that more and more people are becoming AMG fans, meaning that the number of AMG fanfics should jump up too. Yay!

So I've started this thread to help those fanfic readers out there. Now they can find quality AMG fics instead of shifting through fanfiction websites.

Please follow the format below:

Title:

Author:

Rating:

Genre:

Main Characters/Pairing:

Summary:

Link:

If you want to comment on a story, please start a new thread about the story, like jimmytheshank did with the fic "Trial by Tenderness" here.

jimmytheshank    3
jimmytheshank

Here's a fanfic that I recommend. It is VERY dramatic though, and contains adult material. Well written though and LONG.

Title: "Trial by Tenderness"

Author: Cevn

Rating: R

Genre: Adult

Main characters/Pairing: Cast of AMG and a visitor

Summary: A troubled young man named Cevyn, is visited by Urd who arrives to grant a wish. He is taken by Urd to Japan to live with K-1, Belldandy, and the gang until his wish is granted. The story deals with love,pain, remorse, and the complications of being associated with the Megami. As well as with the enemies that wish to wipe out mankind. Mara in her desire to impress the Dark Lord and improve her status, conjures up the Ultimate Demon. Things go dramatically wrong though as it goes out of Mara's control. This is a sometimes graphic fanfic, so be warned. There is adult language and violence. Also, the author had his own website, but it's currently down. Use this link in the meantime.

Link: Click Here

littlefishie    3
littlefishie

Here is my favorite AMG fic.

Title: Goddess in the Mirror

Author: Bart Kelsey and Thomas Dye

Rating: PG-13

Genre: Romance, Angst, AU

Main Characters/Pairing: Keiichi, Belldandy, Mara, Urd, Skuld, Megumi

Summary: What would have happened if Belldandy had never gotten the chance to grant Keiichi's wish? What if, somehow, Mara managed to get there first?

sword sworn    2
sword sworn

Favorite one so far:

Title: Keiichi's Magic Trick

Author: Mike Breslau

Rating: Teen

Genre: Supernatural/Fantasey

Main Characters/Pairing: Keiichi, Belldandy, Mara, Urd, Skuld

Summary: Keiichi surprises everybody by casting a magic spell on two goddesses but he gets much more than he expected.

Avinash_Tyagi    66
Avinash_Tyagi
Here is my favorite AMG fic.

Title: Goddess in the Mirror

Author: Bart Kelsey and Thomas Dye

Rating: PG-13

Genre: Romance, Angst, AU

Main Characters/Pairing: Keiichi, Belldandy, Mara, Urd, Skuld, Megumi

Summary: What would have happened if Belldandy had never gotten the chance to grant Keiichi's wish? What if, somehow, Mara managed to get there first?

Read it, thought it was a little stupid because nothing like that would ever happen...then I saw episode 22 of season 2 :sweat: (Still I thought K1 came off as a bit wimpy in the story, much more than he is in the Manga and Anime)

Never been a big fan of fanfics but i've liked a few

Personally my favorite has to be that one with the story of K1's life if Belldandy at the end of the OVA had been recalled, forgot the title.

Edited by Avinash_Tyagi

sword sworn    2
sword sworn
Here's a fanfic that I recommend. It is VERY dramatic though, and contains adult material. Well written though and LONG.

Title: "Trial by Tenderness"

Author: Cevn

Rating: R

Genre: Adult

Main characters/Pairing: Cast of AMG and a visitor

Summary: A troubled young man named Cevyn, is visited by Urd who arrives to grant a wish. He is taken by Urd to Japan to live with K-1, Belldandy, and the gang until his wish is granted. The story deals with love,pain, remorse, and the complications of being associated with the Megami. As well as with the enemies that wish to wipe out mankind. Mara in her desire to impress the Dark Lord and improve her status, conjures up the Ultimate Demon. Things go dramatically wrong though as it goes out of Mara's control. This is a sometimes graphic fanfic, so be warned. There is adult language and violence. Also, the author had his own website, but it's currently down. Use this link in the meantime.

Ok, I need to thank you for putting this fanfic out there. You were right that it was incredibly long, but boy was it worth it. I have also recently found that the link you include doens't actually include all the chapters. Those must be found elsewere.

Warning for those that read this: Do not try to read this story in a single sitting! I just did it and it took me close to 10 hours to read my way through all the material.

Ojiisan7    56
Ojiisan7
Ok, I need to thank you for putting this fanfic out there. You were right that it was incredibly long, but boy was it worth it. I have also recently found that the link you include doens't actually include all the chapters. Those must be found elsewere.

Warning for those that read this: Do not try to read this story in a single sitting! I just did it and it took me close to 10 hours to read my way through all the material.

If you could read all 120-odd chapters of TBT in 10 hours, then you're a pretty fast reader, cowboy. It took me a bit longer than that, and I'm no dummy.

sword sworn    2
sword sworn

I only got as far as 96 or so and then found out that I needed to go to another site to get the rest. I am actually currently downloading the rest of the chapters to read today.

sword sworn    2
sword sworn

Title: The Dark God

Author: Nachoman1

Rating: K+

Genre: Drama

Main Characters/Pairing: Belldandy, Skuld, Urd, The Dark God

Summary:A guy complains about his headache in a way that can be worded as a wish, and the Almighty grants him his heart's desire. (Caution: This is a self-insertion, so if you don't like those, please don't read this.)

Link:The Dark God

sword sworn    2
sword sworn

Title: Uncertain Future

Author: Slayer6

Rating: Teen

Genre: Angst

Main Characters/Pairing: Cast of AMG plus one more from the future.

Summary: Heaven falls to the demons, the last remaining 1st Class Goddess now must try to reverse history.

Link:Click Here

Avinash_Tyagi    66
Avinash_Tyagi

You've read a lot of fanfics (personally I think too many of them are low quality and don't capture the true feel of the series, plus too many mess with the character's personalities, which really ticks me off)

zalbik    0
zalbik
...plus too many mess with the character's personalities, which really ticks me off)

I SOOOOOOOOO agree with that statement.