Community Message: We're currently in the middle of our donation drive. For those willing to send a donation, we ask that you use the feature in the sidebar to send a donation. For those who send a donation, a donation badge will be featured in your profile next to every message you post. members can dismiss this message by clicking on the 'x' in the upper-right corner. Donations are used for hosting fees, license renewal for the forum software and domain name renewal.

Goddess Relief Office
Sign in to follow this  
Keiichi Morisato

Pet Peeves: What Irks You The Most?

Keiichi Morisato    418
Keiichi Morisato

What's your biggest pet peeve?

Mine happens to be those people who smoke whose clothes have such a strong odor of nicotine that it makes you gag. :big_boss: :training1:

ABD1VDA    3
ABD1VDA

Hypocrisy

Ojiisan7    55
Ojiisan7

Those who lay blame for their unhappiness on everything and everyone but themselves.

rambo201080    18
rambo201080

animes which dont have endings in which the guy and girl live happily ever after( i dont get whats up with that.. i mean come on. let them kiss and live together happily eveafter ya, come on.)

vortexau    4
vortexau

People who feel that its their duty in life to instruct you in some technique, or knowledge, or impart some unpleasant experience that they suffered -- while YOU, yourself, have some (sometimes more) perfectly valid knowledge, or have suffered experience that is no less worthy of retelling!

We each experience life - no one's is necessarily less valid! We have to beware of 'instructing' the 'teacher' so to speak!

Kuraimizu    32
Kuraimizu

I hate it when someone can't stretch their mind around a concept or won't even try.

If I can Describe it, you should be able to understand it.

I speak in English after all.

Kleo    27
Kleo

People who think they are smarter than others and start answering any question with "I told you/wrote about this million times, but if you didn't hear/see it, I'll start from the very beginning". And then you can't stop them from telling you facts you already know as if it's their unique discovery. The answer for your question comes in one short sentence in the very end. That's annoying.

Also I hate people who writes on forums 10 pages for things which could be described in a couple of sentences.

Oh yes, this means my pet peeve is long unneeded descriptions based on well-known facts.

Avinash_Tyagi    66
Avinash_Tyagi

I have a few that irritate me equally

The ringing of a phone (I hate being called)

People who take too long to get to the point

Nagging

People who give unrequested advice

Edited by Avinash_Tyagi

vortexau    4
vortexau
People who think they are smarter than others and start answering any question with "I told you/wrote about this million times, but if you didn't hear/see it, I'll start from the very beginning". And then you can't stop them from telling you facts you already know as if it's their unique discovery. The answer for your question comes in one short sentence in the very end. That's annoying.

Also I hate people who writes on forums 10 pages for things which could be described in a couple of sentences.

Oh yes, this means my pet peeve is long unneeded descriptions based on well-known facts.

THAT is a reasonable point of view. And yet, I often find that when I give someone the benefit of the doubt - and make a short comment - they usually fail to understand me.

That's often because I understand more history, origins, and alternatives, relating to many different subjects. Although maybe 94% of posters at THIS forum have more knowledge concerning manga & anime than do I.

It seems that, although the knowledge is not hidden, most folk neglect to become familar with "well-known facts"!

Keiichi Morisato    418
Keiichi Morisato

This is my favourite one; members who violate our more serious rules even though they are aware of them. :big_boss:

Ojiisan7    55
Ojiisan7

Those who think that the world is obliged to understand their thoughts, no matter how poorly expressed.

Edited by Ojiisan