Community Message: We're currently in the middle of our donation drive. For those willing to send a donation, we ask that you use the feature in the sidebar to send a donation. For those who send a donation, a donation badge will be featured in your profile next to every message you post. members can dismiss this message by clicking on the 'x' in the upper-right corner. Donations are used for hosting fees, license renewal for the forum software and domain name renewal.

Goddess Relief Office
Keiichi Morisato

what are you watching?

IdiAmeanDada    47
IdiAmeanDada

SPOON!!!

Amazon Prime redid The Tick!

Destiny now surrounds me like a warm loaf of bread. 

winedrinkingcritic    21
winedrinkingcritic

When I wake up this morning, I'm going to the theater and seeing Jordan Peele's Get Out.

HotelKatz    46
HotelKatz

On Wednesday, I watched The Outlaw 1943. It's a movie where Billy the Kid and Doc Holliday become friends. Doc's lover discovers that Billy killed her brother, she tries to kill him, but she falls in love with him. Pat Garret ( who killed Billy in real life) accidentally kills Doc, but he and Billy decide to claim that Pat killed Billy and that Doc left to travel north. Cue Billy riding into the sunset with Doc's lover and Doc's horse.

Do I recommend it? Not really. Sure, there was a controversy over Jane Russell's boobs when it was made, but the movie plot feels like it was too slow in my eyes. In my brother and sister's opinion, it ruined Doc Holliday's character to shill Billy the kid.

Today, I and my siblings watched Purple Rain. I thought it wasn't my cup of tea, but it was alright. I liked the music more than the movie. Heck, I had more fun playing a game with my siblings over what scenes were Prince's control and what scenes were Executive meddling.

Do I recommend it? Eh. maybe. I didn't care much for the plot, so I guess not.

Edited by HotelKatz

winedrinkingcritic    21
winedrinkingcritic

My wife just made me an offer I couldn't refuse... currently watching THE GODFATHER.

Also, in response to the guy above... I have Purple Rain on BluRay... I've seen it in the theater too.

Edited by winedrinkingcritic

HotelKatz    46
HotelKatz

On Sunday, I watched the MST3K crew riff Village of the Giants, a movie from Bert I. Gordon's mind.

Eight teens arrive at a quiet town, steal a chemical from a basement, and eat it. They become giant and take over the town before the resident genius shrinks them back to normal. Has Ron Howard in the movie. Also has a dedication to Frank Zappa, who was a fan of the show. 

Pretty much a 60's teen movie, where the Teens rebel against adults until everything goes back to normal.

Do i recommend it? Depends on if you're a fan of MST3k, a fan of giant people, or a fan of Bert I. Gordan movies.

HotelKatz    46
HotelKatz

Just watched Johnny Guitar.

It was alright. 

It's a western movie where everyone is a shade of grey. 

Has Joan Crawford in it. That might cause a number of you to stay away from the film.

HotelKatz    46
HotelKatz

Since it was my sister's turn to choose the movie, she chose Sita sings the blues.

It's animated and takes parts of itself from The Ramayana and various songs of Annette Hanshaw.

I liked it, but I can see how some people wouldn't. It's animated in about six or so animation styles and uses stuff from a religion.

Keiichi Morisato    418
Keiichi Morisato

Been Spending the past week watching the first two seasons of Killjoys. Just started watching the James Bond films in their entirety. Also going to spend some time watching the Dark matter television series. Killjoys and Dark Matter begin their third season run this June. :grin:

HotelKatz    46
HotelKatz

Just watched A Texas Funeral.

Not sure how to describe it. One part of it was a young boy being told a few tales of relatives. Some anger between cousins, siblings, and In-Laws.

Then there was some parts that aren't for the Squeamish.

No, I'm not saying there was gore or anything.

I can handle that.

There was talk of abortion and miscarriage.

That I have quite a bit of discomfort with. Like, a lot.

There also was a tiny running theme of camels in Texas.

I enjoyed the movie, but I can understand why some wouldn't.

HotelKatz    46
HotelKatz
Posted (edited)

Watched The Adventures of Mark Twain, the 1985 version

A claymation movie that entices the watcher to read Mark Twain's stuff.

I thought it was a good movie, especially for those who are familiar with Samuel Clemens' work, but not enough to recall specific details.

Edited by HotelKatz

Keiichi Morisato    418
Keiichi Morisato

I've been re-watching Killjoys and Dark Matter, two excellent scifi television shows that still broadcast new episodes on SyFy. :grin:

HotelKatz    46
HotelKatz

I recently watched One Froggy Evening and its sequel Another Froggy Evening.

Yes, that cartoon about a singing frog had a sequel. 

I though both were good and the sequel kept the spirit of the original.