Community Message: We're currently in the middle of our donation drive. For those willing to send a donation, we ask that you use the feature in the sidebar to send a donation. For those who send a donation, a donation badge will be featured in your profile next to every message you post. members can dismiss this message by clicking on the 'x' in the upper-right corner. Donations are used for hosting fees, license renewal for the forum software and domain name renewal.

Keiichi Morisato

what are you watching?

581 posts in this topic Last Reply

winedrinkingcritic

I'm about to watch James Gunn's Scooby Doo. Because after six months of NC-17, and a recent death in the family, I could use some light fluffy kiddie shit nonsense right now.

winedrinkingcritic

I'm watching Ex-Driver. Earlier today I watched Baby Driver.

winedrinkingcritic

I showed my 13 year old daughter Con Air for the first time... her response was "this is the greatest ending I've ever seen"... up until now, the only Jerry Bruckheimer films she had seen were Pirates of the Caribbean.

Keiichi Morisato

It's a good movie but I would disagree that it's the greatest movie of all time. You should let her watch the National Treasure movies with Nicholas Cage. Those two movies were also produced by Jerry Bruckheimer. They are some of the better films that Nicholas Cage made. Hilarious as well. I think your daughter would love them. The first movie deals with the Declaration of Independence and lost treasures from all over the world. The sequel does the same but involves different treasure. They are really fun movies to watch and while they aren't preachy, they do have a history lesson for viewers who don't know the history of our country. :grin:

winedrinkingcritic

I am going to get to National Treasure, but right now my focus is on The Rock, Gone in 60 Seconds, Armageddon, Bad Boys II, and Face Off.

winedrinkingcritic

My daughter's action education continued this weekend with The Rock and John Woo's Face Off. Jesus Christ, I miss the version of Jerry Bruckheimer and Michael Bay. Now all they make are Transformers and Pirates of the Caribbean. Coincidentally, the Boss Fight music I repeatedly use in Bad Goddess is from the Car Chase scene in The Rock. Sweet Jesus, the Rock had everybody. Michael Biehn from Terminator. Buck Kartalian from Please Don't Eat My Mother (the 1970s X-Rated Little Shop of Horrors). Xander Berkeley and Tony Todd from Candyman. The Evil Sheriff from The Devil's Rejects. There's a prison guard in Face/Off that I recognized from The Invitation and he was one of the McDonald's brothers in The Founder. That's what I love about '90s films. You can see all of these famous high paid name actors working their way up through the Hollywood machine in these nothing bit parts.

Edited by winedrinkingcritic

HotelKatz

I watched the MST3K version of Kitten with a whip.

Good gravy, what a boring and terrible movie.

Girl escapes juvenile hall and sneaks into a house. gets the owner into doing what she says by threatening to tell the police that the guy was trying to rape her. She has a part with three friends. One of them stabs the other and the third one runs off. They make the house owner take them to Tijuana to see a doctor. Girl feels bad about it, but her two friends decide to punish her because she wanted the house owner to abandon them. Car chase ensues and the house owner is the only one to survive.

About the only thing worth watching it for is the commentary from Mike and the bots.

Maybe also Mike cross-dressing in.... I guess Victorian women's wear, if you're into that sorta thing.

winedrinkingcritic

I watched Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz. Need to finish it off with The World's End. The Cornetto Trilogy holds up very well.

winedrinkingcritic

What the...? I just watched Ex-Driver and there's only six episodes... how did this thing merit a feature film when the TV series only had six episodes? It was so weird too: "In the Future... nobody knows how to drive anymore..."

Sugoi

"Aggressive Retsuko" The story is about a female panda working as an accountant. As she gets annoyed by co-workers and superiors all the time she rants Death Metal style in her mind to vent off some steam.

Very funny! :biggrin:

gdata1954
On 5/27/2017 at 7:33 PM, Keiichi Morisato said:

Been Spending the past week watching the first two seasons of Killjoys. Just started watching the James Bond films in their entirety. Also going to spend some time watching the Dark matter television series. Killjoys and Dark Matter begin their third season run this June. :grin:

whats your favorite bond movie mines is live and let die 

winedrinkingcritic

I went to Alamo Drafthouse South Lamar last night to watch the latest Garth Manor screening of Summer School (1987) with Mark Harmon and Kristie Alley. Garth Manor usually only screens horror movies which made this screening kind of odd, since the film is a beach comedy. Suddenly, about one hour into the movie, there was this scene where the principle walks into the classroom and the horror special effects geeks have created this classroom carnage that rivals (and evens tops) most slasher movies from the 1980s. The students also have an obsession with the Texas Chainsaw Massacre.