Community Message: We're currently in the middle of our donation drive. For those willing to send a donation, we ask that you use the feature in the sidebar to send a donation. For those who send a donation, a donation badge will be featured in your profile next to every message you post. members can dismiss this message by clicking on the 'x' in the upper-right corner. Donations are used for hosting fees, license renewal for the forum software and domain name renewal.

Goddess Relief Office
Sign in to follow this  
littlefishie

Guide/Dictionary for the Lost

littlefishie    3
littlefishie

Hmmm... It seems that people are confused about certain netspeak stuff, so here's a guide. If you have any questions, post them here.

Definitions:

1) Fanfiction: (noun)

A piece of fiction within a fandom (written by fans) utilizing characters and situations from a pre-existing work including (but not limited to) books, television programs, films, and comic strips. (Abbreviations: fanfic, fic.) Source: UrbanDictionary

melichan    0
melichan

Okay, I don't know if this is the right forum for it or not, but can we get a l33t dictionary going on in here? I *hate* l33t, but I'm sick of not knowing what any of it means. :p

Keiichi Morisato    418
Keiichi Morisato

Sure, go right ahead ... since l33t is the official language for the tech fanatic ... I see no problem with it ... :offtopic:

Mithinco    3
Mithinco

Does text/instant messaging lingo count as l33t? Such as lol, rofl, ttyl? :blink: I stink with numbers. All i know is:

07734 - it's read 'hello' upsidedown

Edited by Mithinco

Keiichi Morisato    418
Keiichi Morisato

No, that counts as internet lingo ... it's not l33t. For more information, there is a site that deals with that a lot and that's:

http://www.megatokyo.com :thumbsup:

Kemono    1
Kemono

Here's a link to the Wikipedia article on it which has links to dictionaries. Personally I think that 1337 59347 (leet speak) is beyond stupid at this point, it was originally pretty cool when it wasn't used by every "cool" nerdy freak on the internet and before it became used on every darn word some people type. Basically it was cool (in my opinion) before it became a fad and lost it's ability to exclude the majority of people on the internet.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leet_speak

Edited by Kemono