Community Message: We're currently in the middle of our donation drive. For those willing to send a donation, we ask that you use the feature in the sidebar to send a donation. For those who send a donation, a donation badge will be featured in your profile next to every message you post. members can dismiss this message by clicking on the 'x' in the upper-right corner. Donations are used for hosting fees, license renewal for the forum software and domain name renewal.

Goddess Relief Office
Sign in to follow this  
Keiichi Morisato

Family Pets

Keiichi Morisato    416
Keiichi Morisato

It's been such a long time since my family had a family pet and she's so adorable that I've even grown attached to her. My dad, my brother, my sister ... even my mom has grown attached to her. We've had family pets before, twice in my lifetime, that the whole family grew attached to. But, she's so adorable that it's hard to fall in love with her. She's a dachshund and her name is Maddie. She barks when someone comes to the door, she's playful, yet she doesn't get into anything.

We've had pets before but they've all been nuisances for the most part. My sister paid $300 for her and I'll try and post a pic of her but she looks similar to this pic of a dachshund:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/comm...chshund1_wb.jpg

rambo201080    18
rambo201080

ive had 3 dogs till date. 4th one is 3 years old and is a golden retriever. He's a very smart dog, understands everything and responds accordingly. he's naughty and loving.

speedfreek19    46
speedfreek19

I did have a cat, general moggie grey tabby, nothing special but had to give her up to t he animal shelter as i couldn't find anyone to take her, mum coulnd't have her and i couldnt have her at my new place. Was hard to do but it had to be done in the end.

had her since she was about 8 weeks old, she's 6 now, 7 in october so yeah, quite an attachment.

Mum has a fox terrier cross and 3 cockatiels at her place, we had a goldfish in our pond at our old place that we recently moved out of. Just left the fish there as we hadn't been feeding it and it was just living off whatever was around the pond (got quite big too)

Sugoi    46
Sugoi

I'm not into animals. I like them but only if they are deliciously prepared... *cough*  :grin:  *hides*

Keiichi Morisato    416
Keiichi Morisato

I have to say that I used to love cats. Personally, I don't like cats. Haven't, for a long while. I prefer dogs. Long as they're obedient. Cats simply shed all over the place and they don't do anything. My family has a precious miniature dachshund, full breed. She's so adorable that she's an actual member of our family. We've had her for going past 10 years now and she's very loyal and very protective over me and my family. Neighbors try to tease her by pretending to attack our family but that they don't understand that full breed dogs, especially dachshunds. One neighbor did that to my mom, and while we knew he was joking, our Madison didn't know that and she would have torn our neighbor a new one if we hadn't been holding her. before he moved out of the neighborhood, unrelated to this issue, she would chase him down the street, every time she saw him.

DeLtA    8
DeLtA
On 9/8/2017 at 7:01 PM, Keiichi Morisato said:

Cats simply shed all over the place and they don't do anything.

Haha, one of my cats acts just like a dog. He's a tuxedo maine coon. He will come cuddle with you, be a lap cat, come when you call his name (though he confuses his name with another cat's name lol), greet you at the door, pester you for food, etc. etc. He also knows some commands, too! A bonus, he also catches mice. ;D

We got him from the humane society. When he was found, he was in the wild and had mange. It was pretty rough for him. When my dog and my dad came to visit, the first thing he did was defend us by charging at the dog and slashing (poor doggie). Once he realized that the dog wasn't a threat, he was perfectly fine with him (but also the dog would cower at the sight of him). He must have had rough experiences with canines or other animals when he was in the wild.

But  yeah, he's a loving cat. He always wants to be near people. We're so lucky to have him.

Keiichi Morisato    416
Keiichi Morisato

Our Madison, she was always attached to my dad but after he passed away she became attached to my mom. Since my mom has passed away, she's become very attached to me and she goes insane everytime I leave the house for more than a few minutes. While she gets excited whenever my brother and my sister come home, it's me she's attached to because I always take her outside, take her for a walk, feed her, change her water and I'm the one she always sleeps with at night. She's very protective when someone proves to be a what she perceives to be a threat.

DeLtA    8
DeLtA

Oh man, dogs are such loyal creatures. I love that about them. I am not sure if I died if my cat would nom on me. I mean, I agree, after a few days, if they're hungry, go ahead and do what you can to survive. But I feel like dogs would refuse to do this to their owners, even at the cost of their own lives.

Keiichi Morisato    416
Keiichi Morisato

Tell me about it. Madison has always been very protective when it comes to our family and we've had her since she was a puppy. Matter of fact, when I take her outside, I don't let anyone get too friendly with her. Everyone thinks she's not dangerous because of her size and that she's cute. But, when someone makes the mistake and waves their hands toward her or someone makes an aggressive move toward us, she goes on the attack. She's never bitten or attacked anyone but her aggressive stance, growing and sniping are enough to warn these people to back off. neighbors just don't realize that they can't walk up on her real fast or make fast moves toward her.

It's also why we don't let her go outside by herself. Too many neighbors have expressed interest in her pups and we're always concerned someone might snatch her. When you have a family dog for a long time, especially going on ten years, they aren't just a pet, they are a member of your family.