Community Message: We're currently in the middle of our donation drive. For those willing to send a donation, we ask that you use the feature in the sidebar to send a donation. For those who send a donation, a donation badge will be featured in your profile next to every message you post. members can dismiss this message by clicking on the 'x' in the upper-right corner. Donations are used for hosting fees, license renewal for the forum software and domain name renewal.

Sign in to follow this  
Bigscarychicken

what is your most terrible wound?

Bigscarychicken    36
Bigscarychicken

Lets here those stories about how you broke your arm flying off a roof or something

me personaly ive got 2 ive been shot and stabbed. i was stabbed on railroad tracks i saved some girl from a bunch of gangsters and i was shot with a 9mm in the leg by those same gang members a week later.

Akonikun    1
Akonikun

umm....when i was a little kid i got tired of putting up with the class bully, so i fought him and i ended up scraping a massive chunk of skin from my shin. i was in first grade.

rambo201080    18
rambo201080

well, got a muscle tear in my thigh with internal bleeding due to getting kicked in the same place in over 20 fights for my test. :p lost a lot of flesh in a bike accident on my arm when i was about 18. mostly that :)

Bigscarychicken    36
Bigscarychicken

ouch :tongue: mine kinda beats those

Yehl    1
Yehl

I have a scar on my right arm from when a curling iron wrapped around my arm when I was a little kid. I don't remember it happening, but my mom said I didn't make any noise when it happened. And I don't know how it wrapped around my arm. It's a mystery. :ermm:

rambo201080    18
rambo201080

lol yea, BSC's definitely win cause they were gotten doing a good deed.... salutes to u !! :)

Bigscarychicken    36
Bigscarychicken

:sweat: thanks

Sugoi    47
Sugoi

I have been lucky. Nothing serious like broken bones so far.

The only thing worth mentioning in this respect was a medium-sized wound on my leg. It was caused by a big piece of rusty, edged metal falling over and hitting my leg as a result. The wound got infected resulting in lots of puss for a week or so leaving behing a rather nasty scar.

Keiichi Morisato    423
Keiichi Morisato

Does this bring up some unfriendly memories. I've had a number of accidents, all inflicted upon my left hand. The first time, a neighborhood kid pushed me and I had extended my arms and hands out to brace my fall and landed on a large pile of broken glass. The glass had severely sliced my hand open and my dad had to rush me to the emergency room at the local hospital. It was the most severe injury I had ever experienced.

The second time happened when I was doing some volunteer work for a bluegrass festival. we were attempting to move a 650lb brick wall and we barely got the wall to move before two metal strips that held it upright snapped. While I saw it happen, by the time my brain registered the thought to my hand and I jerked my hand away, it was too late. The reconstructive surgeon who had performed the surgery on my left hand said that I was lucky because a hair of an inch closer to my nerve tendons in my middle and next to the last finger, and I would lost those fingers, that's how severe the injury was, and it hurt like hell. I remember that pain like it was yesterday and I still feel the pain when I think about that experience.

The third time, I was nailing a tent spike into the ground and I ended shattering all of the knuckle joints in my left hand with a sledgehammer. The supervisor said the injury wasn't serious and then quickly changed his mind when I returned to him a half horu later. My knuckles had swollen to the size of an actual baseball. Now, talk about pain like you never believe.

DeLtA    8
DeLtA
On 9/8/2017 at 5:40 AM, Sugoi said:

The only thing worth mentioning in this respect was a medium-sized wound on my leg. It was caused by a big piece of rusty, edged metal falling over and hitting my leg as a result. The wound got infected resulting in lots of puss for a week or so leaving behing a rather nasty scar.

Oh man, same with me! No broken bones, but in 2012, I was mowing the lawn at my new house, and a rusty piece of chain link fence shot out from under the lawnmower. It pierced my shin near the ankle, into the bone. It was stuck pretty hard! I went to the ER, and they couldn't pull it out, so they put me under and used vice grips to take it out. They did clean it out and gave me antibiotics as well as a tetanus shot. Not too big of a scar left now, but man, that was interesting to see a hole in my leg. Yeuckh!

Keiichi Morisato    423
Keiichi Morisato

There's also the time when me, my brother, and some friends were down by the river stream, and we were kicking dirt into the river. Well, my brother got mad that I was doing that faster than he was and he just up and pushed me into the river. Now, mind you, I never learned how to swim and it happened so fast I couldn't catch any air and I sunk to the bottom of the river. The only thing I remembered was to bend my legs and try to push myself back up to the surface. Since I was around twelve or thirteen at the time, my hands were the only thing that broke the surface and if it wasn't for the quick thinking of our friends, I would not have survived that ordeal. I think my brother was more afraid of what he had done than any of us and our parents were upset but relieved that nothing serious happened. The first thing our mom asked was "why are you all wet".

It was as close to a death experience as I ever got and I remember I was angry at my brother for quite awhile after that. I think it was one of the reasons why I'm afraid of deep water. That riverbed was about 20-30 feet deep.

DeLtA    8
DeLtA
23 hours ago, Keiichi Morisato said:

Well, my brother got mad that I was doing that faster than he was and he just up and pushed me into the river.

Oh god, what a dick move. Did he ever apologize for that (without prompting from the parents)? Jeez.