Community Message: We're currently in the middle of our donation drive. For those willing to send a donation, we ask that you use the feature in the sidebar to send a donation. For those who send a donation, a donation badge will be featured in your profile next to every message you post. members can dismiss this message by clicking on the 'x' in the upper-right corner. Donations are used for hosting fees, license renewal for the forum software and domain name renewal.

Sign in to follow this  
Ojiisan7

An Appreciation of Chihiro

23 posts in this topic Last Reply

ryujikun619

<---Closet chihiro fan.

I dont want to trump Miyuki Kobayakawa, but Chihiro is right up there.

speedfreek19

You can have Chihiro all you want ryuji :p

Though she is kinda cool

ryujikun619

Then with your blessing buddy.....

*switches miyuki and Chihiro's spots*

I got a thing for short haired girls.

speedfreek19

Just as well I have a thing for long haired girls :lol:

Though you gotta admire Chihiro in some respect, I mean, she is someone who can actually control Ohtaki and Tamiya afterall :p

ryujikun619

oh yes anyone who can control those two has my utmost respect.

Not to mention shes a total gearhead. A major plus!

Keiichi Morisato

I think that might be one of the reasons why Keiichi seems so enamored with her. Much, in the same way, that Skuld was taken with Megumi and vice versa during the first season of the television series. :lol:

Keiichi Morisato

So, anyone want to add to this topic? It's been awhile since we heard anything about Chihiro. :ahappy:

Zen

Chihiro is one of my favorite characters. Of all of the non-goddess/demon characters, she and Megumi are the most well thought out and executed in terms of storyline, in my opinion. (Sayoko is also well done, but as a foil/antagonist she can sometimes be a bit one-sided. Of course, her strength is that she does occasionally do things that make you think there is hope for her as a human being...)

It is a shame that the Anime went straight to K1 and Belldandy working for Chihiro and didn't do the story of how K1 got the job. Of course, the "holding hands" story was done differently, so they couldn't use that as the end of the arc anyway, but it would still be nice to see K1 get a job then mess it up by not passing that German class that he kept talking about in the first episode! (I always assumed that the fact that he only had one foreign language credit, and he passed English, was supposed to harken back to the early storyline where he was worried about failing German to indicate that he had failed!)

I believe that they could do it in a one-shot episode by having it be a "remember when" thing. Perhaps a party for the 1 year anniversary of Whirlwind and K1 remembering how he got the job? That would be fun!

• Upvote 1

Keiichi Morisato

That's one of the biggest complaints that many fans of the anime and manga series have with Gohda-san. Many of the so-called "filler-episodes" that directors refer to them as, were skipped over for more interesting episodes. The problem is that many of these "filler-episodes" contain crucial pplot elements to the overall series that many anime fans are confused about since they probably didn't read the original source manga.

The way it stands now? Especially with those earlier Chihiro manga episodes is that they will never get adapted, even if TBS returns to producing more epsiodes, simply because the anime episodes would be out of order and be somewhat confusing. The only way I could see this happening is if Gohda-san decided to do a flashback episode where Keiichi tells the anime audience of how he came to work for Chihiro.

Karimoon

she's not my absolute favorite but she has a good taste in boys...... Velsper is absolutely freakin' adorable and she knew it. XD

grayfox123

I like Chihiro because she isn't the usual 'girly girl'...she is a genuine character who is 'unique'.

Which is why i like anime....one minute you see a typical  lady...who turns out to be a mechanic, or scientist, or super-powered, capable being...in other words, atypical!