Community Message: We're currently in the middle of our donation drive. For those willing to send a donation, we ask that you use the feature in the sidebar to send a donation. For those who send a donation, a donation badge will be featured in your profile next to every message you post. members can dismiss this message by clicking on the 'x' in the upper-right corner. Donations are used for hosting fees, license renewal for the forum software and domain name renewal.

Goddess Relief Office
Sign in to follow this  
Pierce Cheng

Do you like which design for Belldandy

Do you like her design in OVA or TV?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like Belldandy's design in OVA or TV?

Maya-chan    0
Maya-chan

Its soo hard to choose. The OVA design for Belldandy is classic and the Anime is good because its updated and drawn nicely...but I would choose both of them :thumbsup:

Pierce Cheng    2
Pierce Cheng

Any more?

pierre15208    13
pierre15208

Having only seen the OVA once and the anime multiple times, I'd have to go with the anime Bell, although she looks pretty good in the movie. Then again this is Belldandy we're talking about. When does she NOT look good? :tongue:

Keiichi Morisato    418
Keiichi Morisato

I have to say that I disagree with that. Like myself, many of our members have undoubtedly watched the original OVA series multiple times before the television series ever went into production. For me? I had watched the original OVA series several times before the movie went into production and quite a number of times after that after the movie was released to DVD. While I do love the television series, I'm partially sentimental to the OVA series that introduced anime fans to the series. :ahappy:

Star    2
Star

I voted for the TV version. I just love design especially the happy poses. I also have to give it a bonus, because Eileen's voice suits the design so perfectly.

Keiichi Morisato    418
Keiichi Morisato

I hear you. I'm kind of partial to the television series version myself ... :ahappy:

kryptoniac    1
kryptoniac

I like the movie and tv design of Belldandy, well I like the OVA too, well I love Belldandy and Belldandy, she's my favorite anime character, and oh did I mention I love Belldandy?

Zen    53
Zen

While I like all of the versions of our fair Belldandy, I am partial to the version in the TV series over the OVA. The younger look of the OVA Bell doesn't quite do it for me. The look in the TV series is a bit more elegant. In particular, I really like the unrestricted Belldandy from the Lord of Terror incident. She has a look of raw power! Though I do like the blond hair better than the the platinum color during the LoT arc.

Keiichi Morisato    418
Keiichi Morisato

I hear you, Zen. I think it's because the character designs for the television series are more updated than the original OVA series, even though they are both based on Fujishima-sans own designs. :ahappy:

pierre15208    13
pierre15208

Even though I've had a chance to compare and contrast the OVA and TV Bell-chans, I'm still partial to the TV Belldandy.

Keiichi Morisato    418
Keiichi Morisato

What version of Belldandy do you like better? For me, it's all about the television series ... which I find the character designs are done better over the original OVA series. :ahappy:

grayfox123    136
grayfox123

For me, I would like to say the movie design  for Belldandy was the best, followed by the OVA.

TV designs were not too bad though.